I am confused and need direction please

Hello All,

I am very confused about this.
I pray for my former husband to reconvert, for his soul to be saved before his last breath. We are divorced, no annulment. I still have an occasional moment of being back together both dedicated to God first. (as I am) and then a moment of, he is just a guy I used to be married to.
The confusion is while praying for him awhile ago, I felt a love that could not be created by me. It was the sensation of warmth filling me in total peace and pure love. It lasted for about 30 seconds. I know it is a beautiful grace given to me but I do not know what God wants me to do with this and right now God isn't responding.;)

Does anyone have any insight to this?

Andrea

Is he remarried? Are you two still friendly? Do you still talk at all? Of course your marriage is presumed valid unless one of you files for a decree of nullity so religiously you are husband and wife. However, if he does not feel the same about you it could be very difficult. It could be possible the feeling was love from God or it could be possible the feeling was true forgiveness. These are all things to think about and pray on. God bless you and good luck.

keep praying!

what a grace to be able to prayers prayers of deep love without any expectation of reciprocation! what a GRACE to be able to pray for conversion for another-- even if it is in his last breath-- whether of not you know about it in this life. what a grace to be able to pray for another's conversion even if you never enjoy the fruits of the other's conversion in this life! to be able to pray for another's salvation FIRST because that soul belongs to God and it pleases God that it should be saved. and only then, NEXT because it would be good for the soul itself-- and NOT because it would make you happy, or make your life complete or any other personal consolation! .

the saints have called this disinterested prayer.

what a great grace to love a soul who refuses love and who will not reciprocate. in this, we learn something about God the Father, who loves eternally, even souls who refuse to be loved. even souls who will never reciprocate.

i have expereinced similar moments in praying for someone in my life. someone who i beg God, that at least, his last moments are of repentance and begging God's mercy, whether i know about it or not. whether i am consoled by the knowledge of his conversion or not. i beg God that his soul is saved because it pleases God Himself that his soul should be saved.

what does it mean? it means keep praying. never stop praying. the devil wants one thing-- for you to stop praying. God wants one thing-- for you to never stop praying for the guy.

do what God wants.

Thank you Joandarc208 and Monicatholic for taking the time to respond to my question.

I have received the answers and I am most grateful yet so humbled as to why I am receiving blessings.
I am at peace now. Once again thank you.

Andrea

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners Now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace the Lord is with thee.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray fro us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.