I am curious.........

I am very thankful that there are so many people with so many different faiths, beliefs, and religions on CAF, but I am very curious…

What brings somebody who is NOT Catholic to CAF? What brings an Atheist to CAF?

I was listening to Catholic Answers Live :thumbsup: the other day and somebody who was an Atheist called. I wondered… how did they end up listening to a Catholic radio show?

I am not trying to offend anybody… just wondering!!

I was brought here by a link in a post on theologica.ning.com/. This is a site that is mostly Calvinist/Evangelical. I feel closer to the Catholic faith because I am Lutheran, maybe that sounds strange.:signofcross:

I used to be Roman Catholic, so that’s how I found out about the board. I came back because it’s such an active board it’s easy to have quick conversations, and I’ve met some nice people.

Married to a Catholic.

I was always interested in different religious perspectives. I also have several friends who are Catholic and work in a Catholic university.

Dating a Catholic. Graduating from a Catholic University.

What I am curious is why the Catholic Website like this, open a non-catholic forum, and even have some Catholic members warned because of being “too aggresive” in defending Catholic faith.

Christianity is Protestant and Catholic. Protestant church includes pastors, where Catholic includes deacons (equivalent to Protestant pastors) and priests. Only through Christ we are going to Heaven.

I was interested in dating a Catholic girl (didn’t end up happening) so I wanted to research what it is exactly that Catholics believe so I would know what potentially marrying one would entail. I came across this forum while researching Catholicism and stuck around because there was a thread about Baptists :slight_smile:

Searching for the true path to heavens…

I, as a Catholic, found this site through the power of Google! lol

I originally came here as I listed to Catholic Answers Live on KBVM in Portland…I had an aunt who converted to Catholicism fifty years ago so her kids “would have a religion” and that “I can still dance, smoke and go to movies.” My mom’s family was Primitive Baptist and Southern Baptist…my mom joined the Nazarene church when she was in her 30’s…my dad’s side of the family was Holiness and Church of Christ…my aunt didn’t find her childhood faith too “welcoming” as she was a “sinner”.

She and I discussed faith matters quite a bit…she said she could do what she wanted as long as she went to confession…her children all wore religious medals but were helions with the police. I wanted to know what Cathlolicism was really about since I had such a bad image from them…That’s why I came here…and since here…I have wanted to understand more about what Catholics believe…to clear up MY OWN misunderstandings.

I originally came because of a link I found on another website. I have spent several years looking for errors in the Catholic faith and when the ancient church went astray and became Catholic. I didn’t succeed and I changed many of my views on things.

With all apologies and respect to everyone and anyone with different views. In my opinion, people are just more naturally drawn to what they intrinsically see as truth.

Maybe that’s why I was constantly reading Orthodox blogs and forums when I was a Roman Catholic…

I was doing a Yahoo search a few years back on something which I cannot remember now…and that’s how I found this site.

Haven’t left since then… :stuck_out_tongue:

I was reading the postings here and this came to mind; How God works in mysterious ways;

John 10:25
Jesus answered them, “I told you and you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify to me.
But you do not believe, because you are not among my sheep.
My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand.

**My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, 13 and no one can take them out of the Father’s hand.
14 The Father and I are one.” **

I joined this board as a somewhat weak deist. I’ve always been interested in other religious perspectives and so this board among others allows me to learn and research.

I began re-studying the Lutheran faith about a year ago. I fell away from the Church awhile ago and wanted to understand it better and come back. In my research, I googled a specific question and came across a thread in Catholic Answers which really answered it for me. I lurked for about 6 months, I enjoyed the conversations everyone was having. Everyone seemed to be charitable Christians discussing their thoughts of the day. I ran across a specific thread about Lutherans that I thought I could help explain and here I am :slight_smile: I have a great respect for The Catholic Church so it made sense.
Plus this forum gets more action then any other Christian Forum I’ve seen, much more fun.

I came here by accident after Googling something, although I really don’t remember what.

Because my faith includes study of other faiths, I stuck around to see what was what.

I have learned a lot from the things about the Catholic faith posted here, some good, some not so.

But, I find that to be true at other forums as well, especially those dealing with religion.

This has helped me reach a much better understanding of Catholic beliefs and practices.

Peace.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.