I am descerning becoming a Nun/Sister

Hello, My Name is Michelle. I have been discerning becoming a Catholic Nun/ Sister since I was a Sophmore in High school. This is my senior year and I am pretty sure God is calling me to become one. I am in the step of being scared. I told my family and friends (my parents are not Catholic, I am the only one in my family) and they were all like you becoming a sister you are nuts. I just need lots of prayers right now and that I will keep following the path that God is calling me to.

I will keep you in my prayers. My situation is pretty much exactly the same so I entirely understand how difficult it us. Feel free to send me a message if you need someone to talk to about it.

If you have not heard of it already, there is a great forum at Phatmass that has a lot of discerners, members who are in religious life and those who have previously been in religious life and the community there is very supportive and always willing to help and give advice, you may find it very helpful.

We offer support as well: cloisters.tripod.com/

And: womenindiscernment: groups.yahoo.com/group/womenindiscernment/

Blessings,
Cloisters

Prayers for you.
God Bless~

Thank you guys. I am leaning more on becoming a closterd sister.

if you ever want to talk i'm here and phatmass is great

[quote="Michelle_chilly, post:5, topic:286425"]
Thank you guys. I am leaning more on becoming a closterd sister.

[/quote]

Michele,

How far along are you in your discernment process?

Do you have a priest/or Sister/Nun/ or spiritual director?

Have you narrowed down your search yet as to what order you might investigate??

There are many websites that can help you get connected...

If per chance you are looking at any of the Franciscan communities 
 (Poor Clares) I might help you to connect with some depending on where you might be looking (geographically speaking)

Blessings on your search,

Sr Debbie, O.S.C.

i know how you feel! im soon going to be the only Catholic in my family. :)

OP, really great stuff! I wish and pray all the best for you. DO have a good time with it! God's call is really the thing to do: how can one resist? (Think Jonah and the whale! :) )

Praying that you find clarity from God during your time of discernment.

I pray for you Michelle. I know exactly what you are going through. I am a Sophmore in college and have been discerning since I was a freshmen in high school......

Have you considered getting a spiritual director to help you through this process. They are very helpful and comforting. I love talking to my spiritual director.

God Bless you many times over!
Kim

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.