I am going to kneel when receiving communion is that so bad?

I am not trying to be holyer then anyone but I just want to show Jesus How much I think He is real so is that so bad? and if anyone of you has done it can you tell me what is was like.

Why not simply attend a TLM and kneel like everyone else? I am all for ascetic practices (when done with humility, in private), but the danger of enjoying the ecstasy of the ‘holy fool’ is present.

At the same time, you will also force the priest/deacon/Eucharistic minister to slow down the service for you. Many people will look, and it might just have unintended consequences.

I commend the spirit, but just go to a TLM and kneel with the rest of us at the altar rail. :slight_smile:

[quote="JohnSanzone5, post:2, topic:195953"]
Why not simply attend a TLM and kneel like everyone else? I am all for ascetic practices (when done with humility, in private), but the danger of enjoying the ecstasy of the 'holy fool' is present.

At the same time, you will also force the priest/deacon/Eucharistic minister to slow down the service for you. Many people will look, and it might just have unintended consequences.

I commend the spirit, but just go to a TLM and kneel with the rest of us at the altar rail. :)

[/quote]

Like Carmelitegirl93, I also kneel to receive Communion... at NO Masses. TLM is rare here. My close friends kneel as well.

If people in the congregation are paying attention to you kneeling, odds are they're paying attention to a lot of other things as well rather than focusing on Communion (just my guess in practicality's view).

& Kneeling doesn't slow down anything by much.

I've only had one priest remind me that it's unnecessary to kneel. I've had more clerics commend our kneeling than clerics complaining (which is virtually zero). I figure if a priest has to bend down a tad to give Communion to someone as short as a nine-year old, then it probably isn't that big of a deal if I kneel.

I used to get nervous and anxious about kneeling in public but I learned to stop worrying. If it causes you too much anxiety, better to just genuflect and do the sign of the cross (the proper substitute for kneeling) than to distract yourself from prayer.

If, according to the GIRM, the most a priest can do to a kneeler is let them know that it's not necessary, if even a priest cannot forbid you to do it, then no one can.

Cardinal Arinze says Communion Kneeling and on the Tongue is Preferred Form

[quote="sabriner, post:3, topic:195953"]
Like Carmelitegirl93, I also kneel to receive Communion... at NO Masses. TLM is rare here. My close friends kneel as well.

If people in the congregation are paying attention to you kneeling, odds are they're paying attention to a lot of other things as well rather than focusing on Communion (just my guess in practicality's view).

& Kneeling doesn't slow down anything by much.

I've only had one priest remind me that it's unnecessary to kneel. I've had more clerics commend our kneeling than clerics complaining (which is virtually zero). I figure if a priest has to bend down a tad to give Communion to someone as short as a nine-year old, then it probably isn't that big of a deal if I kneel.

I used to get nervous and anxious about kneeling in public but I learned to stop worrying. If it causes you too much anxiety, better to just genuflect and do the sign of the cross (the proper substitute for kneeling) than to distract yourself from prayer.

If, according to the GIRM, the most a priest can do to a kneeler is let them know that it's not necessary, if even a priest cannot forbid you to do it, then no one can.

Cardinal Arinze says Communion Kneeling and on the Tongue is Preferred Form

[/quote]

The norm in the US is to stand and bow in reverence to recieve on the tongue or in the hand. That is the norm, that doesn't mean that you cannot kneel.

One of my Liturgical professors talked about this last class. His understanding is that we are a community as we recieve Jesus in the Eucharist so we should act and posture ourselves as a community and do the same thing. That same thing is follow the norms, stand and bow.

I don't kneel although I have no problem with you doing it, just don't be surprised if some do.

The video clip good thanks for posting that.

Wow, great link. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.