I am having a couple of doubts

Hi everyone. I have been having a couple of doubts lately and have been tempted to leave the Church. Please pray for me.

Sure. Holly what does your heart say? I found my heart was drawn to the Church, but my mind at times would become doubtful at times or unsure. I don’t believe doubt comes from the Light, and this assisted me to stay. I will pray that you find some strength to overcome these doubts.

I stay for Him.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

You are in my prayers, you also need to pray for guidance. Just remember to listen and humbly do as he asks.
Remember Peter’s words John 6:68 “Master, to whom shall we go? We have come to believe and are convinced that you are the Holy one of God.”

His Body has enough wounds it is time for healing!
Peace be with you :love:

Adding my prayers for you, Holly!

You’ve gotten some good advice so far. Pray, and stay close to the Sacraments.

Nothing compares to experiencing the healing, loving power of God through Confession and receiving the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist!

There will always be doubts. That is the flip-side of Faith. There are no guarantees in this life. We can only go with our heart and take a leap of faith, or not.

When I have doubts, I look within. I know my heart, my interior life is more real to me than anything I can sense outside of it with my physical body. I think of people like Helen Keller who wrote such beautiful things. She could not see or hear but had such a rich interior life. Higher concepts like “soul” and “heaven” and “infinity” were almost easier for her.

I also think about Jesus, loving, merciful - the way He was in the Gospels. Love is the most precious, most real power in the universe, and it cannot be seen or heard or felt directly. If there is a God, as I believe, I could not imagine Him any other way.

Then I think of the beauty of the church He began, 2000 years ago. How it grew out of love. It has been institutionalized now, and is not perfect because of human beings, but its ideals are beautiful and the sacraments, the heart of the Church, satisfy my longing for Jesus’ personal love and fill my soul with joy.

Don’t worry about doubts, they are normal and natural and unavoidable. May Our God of Mercy fill you with His love and wisdom. May God bless you abundantly!

peace,
Terrysa

There will always be doubts. That is the flip-side of Faith. There are no guarantees in this life. We can only go with our heart and take a leap of faith, or not.

When I have doubts, I look within. I know my heart, my interior life is more real to me than anything I can sense outside of it with my physical body. I think of people like Helen Keller who wrote such beautiful things. She could not see or hear but had such a rich interior life. Higher concepts like “soul” and “heaven” and “infinity” were almost easier for her.

I also think about Jesus, loving, merciful - the way He was in the Gospels. Love is the most precious, most real power in the universe, and it cannot be seen or heard or felt directly. If there is a God, I could not imagine Him any other way.

Then I think of the beauty of the church He began, 2000 years ago. How it grew out of love. It has been institutionalized now, and is not perfect because of human beings, but its ideals are beautiful and the sacraments, the heart of the Church, satisfy my longing for Jesus’ personal love and fill my soul with joy.

Don’t worry about doubts, they are normal and natural and unavoidable. May Our God of Mercy fill you with His love and wisdom. May God bless you abundantly!

peace,
Terrysa

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God,
cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.
:signofcross:

:grouphug:

You are in our prayers. Remember that you are just a creature. The only reason we are born is to serve our Beloved God. Satan has a nasty way of trying us and making us believe that it is God who is forsaking us. This is his mission. Never let satan have this opportunity.

When things go so terribly worng in your life, talk to God. If things still keep going terribly wrong in your life, believe in God. When things go terribly wrong and you can’t find the strength to go on, think of the Cricified One. Draw your strength from His Passion and Crucifiction! He never lets us go through anything that our souls can’t handle. Look upon this as a trial or a test of your fidelity to God.

My mantra is- “Jesus I trust in you!” Sometimes till it almost drives me crazy, but I draw comfort in these words. I believe in these words, for they are true.

Go to Holy Communion often, it really irritates satan. He knows the power of God through this Sacrament. Drive the devil crazy through this and get a good laugh at his expense at the same time!

God loves you, call Him and ask for Mercy, He will listen!

God Bless!

Praying for the Holy Spirit to guide you Holly.

Praying for your doubts to be diminished and for you to
feel strong in faith again.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Dear Holly,

Be assured that you are being remembered on a daily basis in all my prayers (rosaries, adorations, Masses). I pray that you can get past this temptation to leave the Church and I pray you find a good holy priest to discuss your feelings with. I pray you keep seeking the truth and seeking to do God’s holy will in all things. And I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, the doubts are persisting this time. I wish they’d go away but they aren’t.

Dear Lord, please help Holly approach a good and holy priest to discuss her doubts with. May a good, holy priest help her through this difficult time and help her understand better what she is going through. May she know that doubts can try us in faith and bring us growth if we only remain steadfast in our love and trust of God and our fidelity to his commandments and the teachings of His Church. If she is thinking of leaving the Church, maybe she might like to try changing her parish, as this could remove her doubts about the Church. Please help her at this difficult time and thank you God that she is reaching out to others for prayers, as she takes this all seriously, like you want her to. Amen.

O Lady of Mental Peace, Mother of Tranquility and Mother of Hope, look upon me in this my time of weakness and unrest. Teach my searching heart to know that God’s love for me is unchanging and unchangeable; and, that true human love can only begin and grow by touching His love. Let your gentle peace, which this world cannot give, be always with me, and help me to bring this same peace into the lives of others. Our Lady of Mental Peace, pray for me!

Holly can you share what doubts you are having?

If not, that’s okay. Try and remember that you may be suffering a trial by God to strengthen you for something to come. Nothing happens by coincidence. He who created us creatures,knows exactly what we need to get to the highest level of holiness possible. We are just asked to have the faith to believe through thick and thin. Trust in Jesus, who is the treasury of all good and all joy. Through His Compassionate Heart, which is overflowing with His Mercy, ask for His special graces to see you through this time of despair.

Realize that satan will always look to destroy your faith in as many ways as he can. He will take your doubts and try to use them to kill your faith. The devil is powerful, only God is more powerful. Look to the light of your soul and not into the darkness. The devil remains in the darkness to trap us. This is his job, so to speak.

Know that there are many of us praying for you now. Please try and talk to your priest. He is one who with God’s graces may be able to help you the most.

God Bless!

non-stop prayers for you Holly

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.