I am needing Prayer

I just have a lot of things that are not clear, or disappointing in my life, like needing to emplore my talents.

I’d appreciate them!

Phyllis :harp::byzsoc::amen:

Praying for you from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Short Responsory
The Holy Spirit is the Advocate. Alleluia, alleluia.
– The Holy Spirit is the Advocate. Alleluia, alleluia.
He will teach you everything.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

THX Phoenix, i was just asking Jesus if He’d show me and lead me the way! THX again! God bless! :byzsoc::thankyou:

May the Holy Spirit enlighten your mind as to to discern what your talents are and how to use them in such a way that will bring much glory and praise to God who is the author of all good things.

May Almighty God give you the graces and strengthes that you are in most need of to come to a closer union with Him and His Church. May he truly cause you to see what your talents are and to cause them to blossom.

May the most just, the most lovable, and the Most High Will of God be done, be fulfilled, be praised, and exalted in all things forever. Amen.

THX So much Little One, You have brought Peace and reassurance! I’ll go pray as i lay my head down for the night.

Good night and God Bless! :flowers::angel1::byzsoc::byzsoc:

I myself am headed to bed in a few minutes, I will pray a Divine Mercy Chaplet for you. I am not sure if I can make it through a Rosary this late at night. Good night and sleep well.
Rest with the Angels.

Ha! ha! You sound like me! ha! :slight_smile: I have a “Praying the Rosary with St. Therese of Lisieux” CD & a Chaplet of Divine Mercy CD, the problem is, my CD player is in my bedroom, so i lay down when i pray. Do you realize how many Angels finish off my prayers??? Ha! ~

I usually do try to lay there, until i believe i’ve finished a complete Chaplet. Rosaries, those are more hard to complete, but do make sure I @ least pray enough for a full Decade or more.

I went to see my son, who lives 30. min. away, last night. He’s one I feel he’s been negatively influenced by his dad, and stays near him. :confused: I keep praying He’ll move back this way, where all of his old friends, school and family are.

I am going to counseling, in a week or two. I just thought, that all my problems that i went for, a few years ago, are still unresolved, such as this one about my son. :frowning:

None of my problems seem to get resolved, if not get worse, or more added to them. :frowning:

Dear Jesus, Why dont’ you hear my Prayer??? What can i do, if anything? In Jesus’ Name I Pray, Amen. :angel1::byzsoc::byzsoc::byzsoc::highprayer:

Praying hard.

PhyllisA,

Hi. LOL. Yeah sometimes I put the Divine Mercy Chaplet CD on at night and leave it on repeat. I don’t usually sleep through a full cycle and end up waking up and praying where the CD is playing. I have figured that this way I do make it through. It helps keep me in a state of peace at night, I hate dreams lol.

I am so thankful that the dear Angels of Glory are around, they have helped me many tines to finish off my prayers, but I usually wake up thank them, and finish it too. So it’s kinda cool to be praying with the Angels of Glory.

I will be praying for you and your son. It sounds good that you are going to counseling to address problems. Somtimes they are resolved, and then they come back. If I might counself frequent recourse to the Sacraments as well. [This will only serve to help, not hurt nor inconveience.]

He hears your prayers every time you pray to him. He hears the prayers that are not even put into word form. One of the most beautiful things that I have heard and believe with all my heart is when we weep he weeps with us. You are not walking alone, have you heard of the poem footprints? If not do a google search and read it. It is quite lovely and think it would be something good to think of.

God bless.

THX Rocket, reminds of the saying

"Life is Fragile

:byzsoc::harp::byzsoc:

PRAY HARD!

I WILL! :flowers:

LITTLE ONE :heart:

You’re letting me know that God knows my troubles, and hears my pleas! THX for letting em weep right now, i needed it & i just glanced @ my “Footprints” sticker I have on my vanity mirror! What a Godsidence! :heaven: :flowers:

HOLY SPIRIT… FILL THE :heart: s of your FAITHFUL … ENKINDLE in them THE FIRE OF YOUR LOVE ! :heart:

I just had a quick little chat with my friend from Poland! I told him i’ve been in Prayer … & he responded … “the Holy Spirit is coming!” ~~~ I’ve only felt Blessed, & filled with the Holy Spirit ever since! Krzyszak is from Poland… I do belive Blessed Pope John Paul II is Blessing us, His Faithful, and sending out HIS Spirit! :harp::byzsoc::heaven:

May the Holy Spirit enlighten your mind as to to discern what your talents are and how to use them in such a way that will bring much glory and praise to God who is the author of all good things.

May Almighty God give you the graces and strengthes that you are in most need of to come to a closer union with Him and His Church. May he truly cause you to see what your talents are and to cause them to blossom.

May the most just, the most lovable, and the Most High Will of God be done, be fulfilled, be praised, and exalted in all things forever. Amen.

PhyllisA,

Hope things are going good today. Have a wonderful and spirit-filled peaceful day. God Bless.

Little One,

THX so much!!! Things are going exceptionally well right now! I PRAY this is my turning point, in my life! I am doing, as i post, what i’ve wanted to do, for a few years now! A few years ago, i took an oil painting class, and thoroughly LOVED it! I painted The Two Sacred Hearts :love: :love: ~ & right now, i’ve started painting a Sunset i saw the other night, near my mom & dad’s place, and a portait of The Infant Jesus of Prague! :knight2:

I also just spent the evening with my 23 year old son, Jeff, we enJOYed Wendy’s bacon cheeseburgers and the movie Super 8. I LOVE MY SON, JEFF, THE ONLY WAY I COULD BE MORE HAPPY, IS IF I WERE ALSO WITH OTHER FAMILY ~ I WILL SEE THEM TOMORROW ~ GOD IS GOOD, I’M GOING TO CONTINUE PAINTING & CHERISHING MOMENTS WITH MY SON, JEFF, AND MY FAMILY! PRAISE GOD! AMEN!:amen: :flower: :heart: :byzsoc::byzsoc:

THX AGAIN, LITTLE ONE! :heart: :flower:

PhyllisA,

How so uplifitng to open this thread and see the peace, happiness, and contentedness, and gratitude to God this morning. Treasure this always. Praise God.

Wow I have always wanted to learn to paint. I have never had the time too. I know about finding hobbies or something like that. Painting is very conducive to prayer and a state of reflection and recollection, as especially you are painting religious paintings.

I do latchook. It’s quite peaceful and you guys get prayed for every hook. God bless you.

THX LITTLE ONE: :flowers: :heart:

First: For acknowledging and encouraging my painting, for some of my own Loved ones, have told me, since my Dad was adopted, i would not have inherited my Great Great Uncle Fr. Gregory Gerrer’s genes. mgmoa.org/about-mgmoa/father-gerrer/ ~

I couldn’t believe he said that, it was so terrible and heartbreaking. I have not let him make me feel too inferior, because i believe it’s not just inheriting genes. I also believe my talent started out a long time ago from both sides of my family, first I can recall, on my Mother’s Mother’s {Grandmother’s} side screened-in porch! She had tons of coloring books and crayons. My two brothers and I would rock on the sliding porch swing and color for hours on end…

I Also believe, it’s about our Catholic Faith, & my Grandmother, and Great Great Uncle Fr. Gregory Gerrer, are inspiring me from Heaven.

So, the talent can start from, as little as, coloring from a coloring book with crayons! I’ve even tried to instill the talent, in on my 7th Grade CCD students, this past year.They may have gotten tired of it, but I hope The Holy Spirit guides them! :angel1::getholy:

I included an attachment, if it didn’t work, please let me know! :heart: :flowers:

Phyllis,

Yes the attatchment did work. Wow. How long did it take you to draw the Little Flower? That is beautiful. I can only draw stick figures.

My talent lies in music though. I had always wanted to paint, I guess that’s why I like latch hook, becuase as I do it I can see the picture come into being row by row.

No, you are right, genes can only do so much. Talent has to be developed. Wow you started in coloring books. I could never get the concept that you had to stay within in the lines. I always was a bit of a non-conformist.

I am not sure how to work the attatchments here at CAF, just don’t have the time to go and figure it out. I just recently finshed a latch hook kit that was 50" by 34". I got a friend to hand craft the frame. It came out really nice, the frame did at least. If I can ever find the dig camera, I am going to be posting those pics in my photo album. Yet, I need more of an excuse to go through things to go looking for the camera to organize.

God bless.

Almighty God, I thank you for the many blessings you have blessed Phyllis with. I humbly ask that you would grant her the graces this day to come to a closer union with You, Your Church, and her loved ones. I am so thankful that her time with her son went well, and I pray that more good times are ahead.

I thank you that you have given her some activities that she has enjoyed. May you continue to bless those activities.

May the most just, the most lovable, and the Most High Will of God be done, be fulfilled, be praised and exalted in all things forever. Amen.

Ohhh Little One, I wished I could take credit for drawing that picture of St. Therese, but I can’t it was from a coloring book. That’s one thing, I started teaching the CCD students, before I developed a good talent for sketching. I can sketch, but haven’t perfected it yet. Therefore, most of the paintings i’ve done lately, have been from coloring books, or ideas from pictures I’ve seen.

Ahhhh, no need to get the camera, I understanding about needed better excuses. ha! :slight_smile:

THX for the PRAYERS, I’ve been ridiculed and put down a lot recently, and am needing the encouragement. GOD BLESS YOU FOR THEM! :byzsoc: :heart: :flowers:

But, another reason I & my family need prayers, is my Dad is in the hospital again. He’s been deathly ill many times. His blood pressure was 80/40.

Mom was quite upset, because he wasn’t being treated very quick, when i had called her, she was so much in distress. It was Sad & Scary! :frowning: :eek:

Another sad thing, i used to be by his side a lot, during his illnesses, but something has changed, it seems i’m lost in the shuffle, or out of the loop, of his care, anymore.

I suppose the best i can do is pray. :byzsoc:

Please Pray With Moi! :byzsoc: :heart: :flowers:

Phyllis,

Yes by all means pray… and be at peace. I will be praying for your Dad as well.

God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.