I am officially divorced

I am not proud of this fact, but my ex walked away. He wanted an open marriage, but I could not comply with such a request. Thanks to some advice here and a lot of praying, I realized that there was no marriage to save. I’m sad that my ex gave up the best thing, but I honestly could not live in such an arrangement and keep my integrity and sanity. I’m now petitioning for an annulment and feel at peace whatever the Church decides. I feel so hurt, and feel so sad for my kids, but things would have been worse for them if I had stayed in that deceitful situation. :frowning:

I am so sorry Ailina. Its not easy, I know that.
The Annulment process will give you some closure and helps with the healing.
Divorce is not good but sometimes there is no other option.
I will pray for you.

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I am praying for you, Ailina. May God bless you in this most difficult of times. You are a beloved child of God, more beloved than we can ever imagine. And the Catholic Family loves you with all of our hearts.

God Bless

Jon

familyministries.org/resources/index.asp?c_id=7&t_id=7

Here is a resource worth checking out to help you during this diffictult time. Keep praying as well and stay close to the church.

I am so sorry for what you have been through, Ailina. :console: May this be a time of grace and new beginnings for you. The annulment process isn’t always an easy road, but I found it to be a very healing experience in the end. I hope you will find it that way, too.

Praying for you and your children: Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Sounds as though you were married but he wasn’t. I’m glad you got out. You can now begin to set your life on a more solid footing. I hope that you can find a truly loving husband with whom to share your life.

Matthew

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.