I Am Only A Priest

I am only a catholic priest.
stbenedictcatholic.org/music/priest.mp3

:clapping:

Was that you singing, Fr. Corey?

wow, sorry no, I found that on the internet.
and it evoked feelings on how I feel as a priest.

THE BEAUTIFUL HANDS OF A PRIEST

We need them in life’s early morning, we need them again at its close;
We feel their warm clasp of true friendship, we seek them when tasting life’s woes.
When we come to this world we are sinful, the greatest as well as the least.
And the hand that makes us pure as angels is the beautiful hand of a priest.

At the altar each day we behold them, and the hands of a king on his throne
Are not equal to them in their greatness, their dignity stands all alone;
For there in the stillness of morning, ere the sun has emerged from the East,
There God rests between the pure fingers of the beautiful hands of a priest.

And when we are tempted and wander to pathways of shame and sin,
‘Tis the hand of a priest will absolve us – not once, but again and again;
And when we are taking life’s partner, other hands may prepare us a feast,
But the hand that will bless and unite us is the beautiful hand of a priest.

God bless them and keep them all holy for the Host which their fingers caress;
What can a poor sinner do better than ask Him, He Who chose thee to bless?
When the death-dews on our eyelids are falling, may our courage and strength be increased,
By seeing raised o’er us in blessing, the beautiful hands of a priest.

That was a touching poem, Thistle. It beautifully expresses the gratitude, respect, and love we all should have for our priests.

Fr. Corey, thank you for everything you do for the faithful and for God’s Kingdom.

Amen on all points! Thank you, Father Corey for taking up your call and vocation!:thumbsup: Our priesthood are in my daily prayers.

God bless you Fr. Corey!

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

And that is a powerful, amazing thing to be! I once heard a story of a priest, and when he became a priest, his guardian angel began to walk behind him because he was a priest!

My priest is very dear to me - he lived the Gospel’s words by visiting me in the hospital while I was sick!! May he be richly richly rewarded by the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary!!

Free information on almost all I know on devoting oneself to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
Pereptual online Adoration of the Sacred Heart of Jesus louisville-catholic.net/WebCameras/AdorationChapel/tabid/825/Default.aspx
True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin montfort.org.uk/Writings/TrueDev.html
**Secret of the Rosary ** montfort.org.uk/Writings/Rosary.html
Preparation for 33 day consecration to the Blessed Virgin saintlouisdemontfort.com/consecration.cfm
Reflections on True Devotion to Mary by His Holiness Pope John Paul II http://www.michaeljournal.org/montfort.htm
**The Glories of Mary, ** by St. Alphonsus de Liguori, one of the 33 Doctors of the Catholic Church, explains Hail Holy Queen http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/glories.htm
On the Dolors of Mary by St. Alphonsus de Liguori, one of the 33 Doctors of the Catholic Church, explains the sufferings of Our Lady http://writer.zoho.com/public/immaculate/Seven-dolors
Marialis Cultus (Apostolic Exhortation for the Right Ordering and Development of Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary of His Holiness, February 2, 1974 by His Holiness Pope Paul VI ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/P6MARIAL.HTM
Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus en.wikisource.org/wiki/Devotion_to_the_Sacred_Heart_of_Jesus#FIRST_POINT._.E2.80.94_The_ardent_desire_Jesus_Christ_feels_to_be_with_us.
Divine Mercy Chaplet ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/dmmap.htm
Cathechism of the Catholic Church vatican.va/archive/catechism/ccc_toc.htm

May the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary richly bless and keep you!! Jesus, I trust in you!! For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world!! May the Holy Spirit through the Immaculate Heart of Mary grace us with the gifts of the Holy Spirit that we most desperately need!! For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world!! Jesus, I trust in you!! For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world!! Jesus, I trust in you!! Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world!!

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Tonight, Lord, I am alone.
Little by little the sounds died down in the church,
The people went away,
And I came home,
Alone.
I passed people who were returnung from a walk.
I went by the movie house that was disgorging its crowd.
I skirted cafe terraces where tired strollers were trying to prolong the pleasure of a Sunday holiday,
I bumped into youngsters playing on the sidewalk,
Youngsters, Lord,
Other people’s youngsters, who will never be my own.

Here I am. Lord,
Alone.
The silence troubles me,
*The solitude **oppresses ***me.

Son, you are not alone,
I am with you;
I am you.
I needed another human instrument to continue my Incarnation and my Redemption.
*Out of **all ***eternity, I chose you,
I need you.

I need your hands to continue to bless,
I need your lips to continue* to speak***,
I need your body to continue to suffer,
I need your heart to continue to love,
I need you to continue* to save***.
Stay with me , son.

Here I am, Lord;
*Here is my body, *
Here is my heart,
Here is my soul,
Grant that I may be big enough to reach the world,
Strong enough to carry it,
Pure enough to embrace it without wanting to keep it.
Grant that I may be a meeting-place, but a temporary one,
A road that does not end in itself, because everything to be gathered there, everything human, leads toward you.

Lord, tonight, while all is* still*** and I feel sharply the **sting **of solitude,
While others devour my soul and I feel incapable of satisfying their hunger,
While the whole world presses on my shoulders with all its weight of misery and sin,
I repeat to you my “yes” - not in a burst of laughter, but slowly, clearly, humbley,
Alone , Lord, before you,
*In the **peace ***of the evening.

Taken from a book–Prayers by Father Michael Quoist

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.