I am really depressed tonight and would appreciate your prayers

Hey everyone. I am really depressed tonight. I would appreciate your prayers that I can be at peace and feel God’s joy again or at the least that I wouldn’t be depressed.

Our father, who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done,
On Earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

I suggest doing some contemplative prayer. Get on your knees, stare up into the heavens, close your eyes, and just talk to God like a friend. Ask him to fill you with the Holy Spirit and to help you hear the voice of Christ. Spend a few minutes talking to him about your life, struggles etc. He will hear you. Remember that God will always hear you, and will always take notice of those who are willing to talk/pray with him.

Oh great Father you are so awesome in many ways. You have brought life to all of us. You have done so much for us. You have knit us in our mothers’ wombs. You know us Lord. Please help us, for we are weak sinners. We need your help and guidance oh Lord. Guide us and fill us with the Holy Spirit. We love you Lord. Let us all feel your great love. Bless Holly with the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

Hi Holly! I’m thinking of you and praying that you’ll feel better soon. God love you.

Abba,
I ask that you let Holly feel your presence through the Holy Spirit. Touch her heart Father, and give her the joy that comes from knowing You love us all, so much so that You gave Your only Son for us. Ease Holly’s sadness Abba, and help her to overcome this depression.
In Jesus’ name I pray.
Amen.

Will pray

Praying that you will be lifted from this depression. May you be lifted by the Holy Spirit.

Lord hear our prayer and help us out of depression

Amen

I deal with depression too, so I know how hard it can be. Praying for you, hope you feel better!

{{{HUGS}}}
Praying for you… :slight_smile:

praying for you!

There is a Rosary intention heading your way.

Praying for you

Lord Jesus, please send your angels to comfort Holly. I ask that you take away her depression and sadness and fill her with your love and peace.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God.
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayers for you tonight. Try saying over and over “Jesus I trust in You!” and then of course Thank Him.

Blessings dear Holly,
mlz

• Fast from personal anxiety; Feast on eternal truth.
Blessings! Praying for you!

Praying.

Hi Holly :slight_smile:
I pray that the Blessed Virgin will be with you tonight and lift your depression… I will be praying for you … Hang in there … I know what its like to feel depressed… I will pray to St Michael and ask him to dispel the darkness that you are experiencing.

I understand depression…have had minor bouts of it…

Lord I ask that you show Holly your merciful heart and that you give her peace during her time of suffering…allow her to offer up her sufferings to You so that she may have peace and know that you dwell within her heart and that all the Angels and Saints are standing by and that they are united with her during her time of trials and tribulations…I ask this through Christ our Lord, who hears the cries of the poor and broken hearted …Amen

Praying for you Holly:

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God.
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.