I am so happy...

Last night I made my first reconciliation, before my husband and I participated in the Rite of Convalidation. The Priest also allowed me to receive First Holy Communion as well, and I am just so happy. Father led me through my first confession and asked me if I felt I understood the meaning and signifigance of our Lord’s Sacrifice and then told me I could receive the Eucharist, and I’m so happy!

I wanted to share my happiness with all of you!

Peace be with you,
Jamie

Wonderful and welcome! :slight_smile:

Praise God! Thank you for sharing. May the Body and Blood of Christ bring us all to Everlasting Life.

Deacon Tony

Welcome to the flock! As a convert myself, I feel your excitement and enthusiasm for the love of the Church!

God Bless!

Welcome home! Entering the Church is only the beginning of the journey. The church is full of great saints and sinners, just like in the parable of the wheat and the weeds (Mt 13: 24-30). I would reccommend reading St. Francis de Sales’s spiritual classic Introduction to the Devout Life. It’s cheap, easy to find, and easy to read. It comes from a man who converted 50,000 Calvinists to the Catholic faith. Every Catholic home should have a copy. Good luck as you enter a new phase in your life!:slight_smile: :clapping: :dancing: :tiphat: :bounce: :yup: :getholy: :blessyou:

Congratulations, and welcome to the fullness of the Catholic Faith! May God continue to bless you and your husband.

Welcome home, don’t stop learning, praying, studying, reading scripture, and please frequent these glorious sacraments as often as possible. You will now of course be preparing for Confirmation, which in most dioceses for adults is on Pentecost Sunday (May 15 this year), and if your priest feels you were adequately prepared for first penance and reconciliation, you should be good to go for Confirmation with some instruction on the meaning of the sacrament and action of the Holy Spirit. CCC is perfect for this.

Thank you all so much, I have been so happy since Thursday, and I feel more like I am part of the Catholic community now. Its been a very wonderful experience for me.

Have a vey wonderful day!
Jamie

[quote=auroraj42]Last night I made my first reconciliation, before my husband and I participated in the Rite of Convalidation. The Priest also allowed me to receive First Holy Communion as well, and I am just so happy. Father led me through my first confession and asked me if I felt I understood the meaning and signifigance of our Lord’s Sacrifice and then told me I could receive the Eucharist, and I’m so happy!

I wanted to share my happiness with all of you!

Peace be with you,
Jamie
[/quote]

Congradulations ! what a great burden is lifted off our shoulder’s after Absolution.

That is absolutley wonderful. And you know, you can recapture this joy and peace EVERYTIME you receive the sacrament!

God has given us a great gift and now you fully understand it’s fruit.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.