I am worried that I might have heart problems

Hi everyone. For the past couple of weeks, I have been having a lot pain in my stomach, chest, and left arm. The pain occasionally affects my right arm as well. Sometimes the pain spreads into my neck and rarely into my jaw. The pain has not been too severe so I haven’t gotten it checked out yet. Usually I have a severe stabbing pain that lasts a few seconds in my upper chest and then it goes away but that is about as severe as it gets. Anyway, I scheduled an appointment with my doctor but I can’t get in to see her until Monday. Please pray that I do not have heart problems and that if I do, that I would survive until the appointment and not have any emergencies that would require me to call an ambulance or go to the emergency room. I am really worried about this. Thank you for your prayers.

:crossrc:

:hug1:

Holly, if you are having chest pain PLEASE go to the ER NOW! The heart is not something that you should ‘wait out’. I’ve gone myself…sure it’s scary…but you need to go and get this checked.

Michael

I strongly agree with the post above mine!!! Go and get help!!!

Heavenly father, guide Holly with your wisdom and love and keep her save in your hands!

Amen.:signofcross:

Yes, I agree with Michael. I have had heart problems and you do not want to wait. Go to one of those med clinics or to an emrgency room. Tell them immediately that you are afraid you are havinga heart problem. Believe me you will go tot he front of the line. You need and EKG right away. The heart is like a light bulb. It can go out suddenly. From the symptoms you described it could very well be a heart problem. If you have a history of heart problems on either side of your family it’s even a greater possibility. GO NOW!!!

prayers coming your way…

I would agree with those that have said you should go to the hospital immediately.

As someone with a family history of heart disease I easily freak out when I have any pain in my chest or left shoulder… every time I’ve been to the ER I’ve been embarassed to find out that it was nothing and have apologized and every time the doctors and nurses have said to me that I did exactly what I should’ve done.

Please, go to the hospital.

Holly, I had something like this earlier this year and it turned out to be muscle related and came from anxiety… I suggest to go see a doctor and they’ll be able to tell for sure :slight_smile: prayers for you :hug1: God bless

Hail Mary, full of grace, the LORD is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
AMEN

I am praying for you.

Dear Holly, I pray that you go to a medical clinic or to the hospital tomorrow and explain your symptoms. I pray that it is just a muscle problem due to anxiety, like the previous poster had. May you be abandoned to the Lord’s merciful love full of confidence in His merciful love. Amen.

Hey everyone. I did not go to the hospital or to a clinic today. However, I did schedule an appointment with my doctor for Monday. I don’t think I will go to the hospital unless the chest pain becomes worse because of the simple fact that I have chest pain all the time due to my asthma and chronic heartburn. Sometimes it is hard to tell whether or not it is those things or something else though. As for the shoulder pain, it might be due to my nervous tic which causes me to shrug my shoulders all the time. I find that sometimes I shrug my shoulders so much that the muscles in my shoulders become sore.

Anyway, I have had a couple of episodes of severe chest pain in the past week but most of the time it has just been slightly stronger than usual. I am thinking that my lungs might be congested because I have been coughing a little. I am not entirely sure that I ever completely got over the bronchitis I had in the beginning of January. I think that may be what is causing it. Regardless, I promise that I will call an ambulance if the chest pain gets to be severe and I also promise that I will keep my appointment with my doctor on Monday and let you all know what she says.

How are ya Holly?

Michael

Lord, hear our prayers

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.