I Apologize for my Pride

I feel my attitude has not been the best here and quite honestly condescending. Forgive me.

I’m right there with you, brother. We all suffer from pride on the Internet, I fear. Probably St. Therese would tell us to turn it off.
But some days it’s the only way I have to talk to people outside the clerk at the coffee shop.
So, we all just have to ask forgiveness daily of each other and God (like we do at daily Mass if they say the Confiteor), and then go forward together.

Just this morning I had been considering getting off the internet for the same reason. Sometimes I take a look at some of the things I write to people (in anger, really) and think, what the heck is wrong with me?! Praying about this.

I never noticed!
I shall forgive you 7x77,
now that means you have 538 left.

(Joking)

St Therese is my standard for so much of life as well. I think of her often when I think of some Catholic moms representing our faith on YouTube with their fashion videos. I guess it’s good to point people to Christ even if my judgmental self thinks the way they’re doing it is a bit worldly. Perhaps she is being all things to all people and I’m just jealous who knows.

I like it here very much l, but I always fear I might overstay my welcome from the regulars if I post too much (the crazy way my mind works).

Having no friends as an adult (trust me it’s not as bad as it sounds!) I really appreciate people I have things in common with, especially the most important factor in my life which is God.

We all make mistakes. Some people are too focused on ‘winning’ the argument. Some people beat fellow Catholics over the head even when there is no real disagreement, what’s the point of that I wonder. ‘If, after being admonished once or twice, a person does not amend, do not argue with him but commit the whole matter to God that His will and honor may be furthered in all His servants, for God knows well how to turn evil to good.’ - The Imitation of Christ

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.