I argue with my mom and dad about or due to God

I think am just prone to problems if you read all my other threads you would say so BELIEVE ME am 19 and have been arguing with my parents since I became a catholic I have always respected their views (they are atheist) but they just call me backwards. Nowadays these arguments are more frequent and more hurtful each day and even though I say sorry and they say sorry I am left angry sad and most of all alone. I have No energy to carry on practicing my faith at home because I know it will just lead further arguments. I have prayed in the hope that my parents will one day be drawn to the church but that's just a distant memory. I have never felt so alone in my life I thought I had found a friend in God but I feel that although I have gained I have lost. I wouldn't blame God if God just decided to say why should comfort your a sinner but I just wondered is there any way I could get rid o this loneliness and fatigue feeling I have is there some I can go to. God Bless and I pray no one ever feels like I do. P.S do you think God is punishing me for reccomending abortion (see my other thread to understand)

Let’s turn to Matthew 7:6… If your parents are not interested in being evangelized, let it drop for awhile:
Do not give what is holy to dogs, or throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them underfoot, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Also, if you need something, ask for it! (Matt. 6:7-11)
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Which one of you would hand his son a stone when he asks for a loaf of bread, or a snake when he asks for a fish? If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good things to those who ask him.”

Quit beating your head against the wall with regards to your parents, and ask the Lord to find you someone of His choosing to give you the comfort and guidance you need. He will not leave you orphaned.

They have closed their minds and hearts to God. The only one who can help them now is the Holy Spirit. That is God's work. You've done what you can and now you need to leave it in His hands.

You should find some Catholic friends or join a Young Adult or Campus Ministry group in your area. Find friends of the faith so you can grow in yours. Atheism is toxic.

[quote="fellow_servant, post:1, topic:241481"]
I think am just prone to problems if you read all my other threads you would say so BELIEVE ME am 19 and have been arguing with my parents since I became a catholic I have always respected their views (they are atheist) but they just call me backwards. Nowadays these arguments are more frequent and more hurtful each day and even though I say sorry and they say sorry I am left angry sad and most of all alone. I have No energy to carry on practicing my faith at home because I know it will just lead further arguments. I have prayed in the hope that my parents will one day be drawn to the church but that's just a distant memory. I have never felt so alone in my life I thought I had found a friend in God but I feel that although I have gained I have lost. I wouldn't blame God if God just decided to say why should comfort your a sinner but I just wondered is there any way I could get rid o this loneliness and fatigue feeling I have is there some I can go to. God Bless and I pray no one ever feels like I do. P.S do you think God is punishing me for reccomending abortion (see my other thread to understand)

[/quote]

I would stop arguing and immerse yourself in Catholicism. When challenges to Catholicism from my family surface I usually just stay silent and let them spout off. They do what they do out of concern, but my mind is made up. Right now they just aren't open to evangelism. This could be a test of faith for you, or used to strengthen it. Stay away from arguments, but don't deny the faith. This also might be the time to move out. God be with you.

[quote="EasterJoy, post:2, topic:241481"]

Quit beating your head against the wall with regards to your parents, and ask the Lord to find you someone of His choosing to give you the comfort and guidance you need. He will not leave you orphaned.

[/quote]

This is good advice and comfort. Typically a friend of the same gender.

There is some great advice from the other posters on this thread so far;)
I just wanted to comment on your last sentence- God is not punishing you for what you did. God does not use this earth to punish, he uses this earth to bring you closer to him and sometime that does involve suffering, but this happens to sinners and good people. The key is to sometimes accept suffering and offer it up. Remember, God loves you and cares about you, he does not want you to be unhappy. As others have said, don’t argue with your parents if you think it is no use, it only causes tension. The best thing you can do is pray for them and be a good Christian example. Lastly, I’ll say when I am upset about something, I find it helpful to say a very short prayer like the Angel of God prayer or just say an affirmation like “Sacred heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in You”

Here’s a handy phrase for de-fusing arguments or criticisms…when the other person stops to take a breath, just say in a quiet tone, “You might be right.” Because after all, there might be some truth in what they are saying, and if you agree that they might be right, it instantly takes the wind out of their sails. But if they start up again, just repeat it, and then disengage, or go into another room.

Do you go to church, and do you also attend any youth groups at your church?

[quote="josephback, post:5, topic:241481"]
This is good advice and comfort. Typically a friend of the same gender.

[/quote]

An older friend might be good, too, since the OP doesn't have parental guidance in the faith. The RCIA sponsor is often a good resource in a case like this.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.