I believe it - I just can't live it

To my brothers and sisters-

First things first-

**I confess, to almighty God, and to you my brothers and sisters,

that I have sinned through my own faults - in my thoughts, and in my words, in what I have done and what I have failed to do.

I ask the blessed Mary - ever virgin, all the angels and saints - and to you my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.**

Have you ever really read those words? How beautiful.

I come to you my brothers and sisters for your help.

I have many demons that haunt me and a 2nd failing marriage to prove it.

I would like to open this discussion up to those who are truly interested in partaking in this forum to assist me with healing and not just wanting to make yourself feel better by not having the baggage I carry and just wanting to know some good juicy stuff.

As my post reads, I do believe the Catholic Church is the Church that Christ esablished with Peter, and handed on through apostolic succession to this day - I just can't live it.

I am a cradle Catholic that in the last 5 years has grown more in my understanding of the faith than all that time leading up to it. It took Protestantism to do that and for that I'm grateful, but I cannot break the chains that bind and allow myself to move past those demons that haunt me.

I **DO NOT **believe the Catholic Church is too good to be true and too hard to live - I just don't know how to do it.

Let the help commence.

Peace
J.

[quote="JIMMY68, post:1, topic:182565"]
To my brothers and sisters-

First things first-

**I confess, to almighty God, and to you my brothers and sisters,

that I have sinned through my own faults - in my thoughts, and in my words, in what I have done and what I have failed to do.

I ask the blessed Mary - ever virgin, all the angels and saints - and to you my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God.**

Have you ever really read those words? How beautiful.

I come to you my brothers and sisters for your help.

I have many demons that haunt me and a 2nd failing marriage to prove it.

I would like to open this discussion up to those who are truly interested in partaking in this forum to assist me with healing and not just wanting to make yourself feel better by not having the baggage I carry and just wanting to know some good juicy stuff.

As my post reads, I do believe the Catholic Church is the Church that Christ esablished with Peter, and handed on through apostolic succession to this day - I just can't live it.

I am a cradle Catholic that in the last 5 years has grown more in my understanding of the faith than all that time leading up to it. It took Protestantism to do that and for that I'm grateful, but I cannot break the chains that bind and allow myself to move past those demons that haunt me.

I **DO NOT **believe the Catholic Church is too good to be true and too hard to live - I just don't know how to do it.

Let the help commence.

Peace
J.

[/quote]

Pray, pray, pray. Go to confession and attend daily Mass if you can. Be willing to go through hits to your pride to change your ways.

Dear Jimmy68,

We all are poor sinners and must make every effort possible to do the right things. I think we do the best we can and slowly it gets easier for each of us. The more you try, the better it feels. Saying you can’t isn’t the way. Saying you will try is going in the right direction. Our natural instinct is to just do whatever pleases us without regard for what is good and right. Start small and work your way up to the big stuff. Surround yourself with God-fearing, good hearted people and they will help you. Start going to Mass often and grace will flow your way. Visit the Blessed Sacrament as often as you can. You may not feel it right away but grace will be there. Say the rosary daily, pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet, pray for the holy souls in purgatory. All of these will help you on your way to grace. Good luck and here is a prayer for you to get you started. I offer this one for you. You can then say it for yourself and others. Also hanging our here and reading the posts is a great way to grow in your faith. Amen Brother.

MEMORARE,
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen

GO TO CONFESSION AND GO TO ADORATION!
Think about the angels all around you: one for you, and one for everybody else out there, and then some.
And think of how they both look upon your face and at the same time look upon the face of God.
And think of them surrounding the priest at mass, and watching as Our Lord comes to be present in the Eucharist.
Make the Eucharist your sustaining food, and be amazed and humbled that Our Lord is with you.
Don’t forget to genuflect deeply when you go to sit down or get up to leave, because this is God we’re talking about.
And when you go to adoration, genuflect on both knees, and think of it as sitting down in the Lord’s living room and just being happy to be with each other.
Wear a blessed medal. Get one mailed to you here: amm.org/submissions/survey/survey.asp and wear it around your neck all the time, asking Our Lady to help you (and it’s not called the Miraculous medal for nothing :thumbsup:)
And get your hands dirty. There’s nothing that will put your life in focus better than kneeling down on a gritty sidewalk in front of an ugly building where you know at that very moment a little baby is being painfully dismembered, and saying the entire Rosary, all four mysteries, over and over and over again. And same goes for giving your coat to a cold homeless man and walking home cold yourself, or buying food for those beggars on the street.
And you can always tell your priest about this and ask for his help. It’s good to have somebody physically there for you, not just us internet friends :o

I think maybe your problem is that you have a more textbooky faith, which is great but is useless without having emotion, loving God and at the same time learning about Him.

Jimmy welcome, God bless and help you in your deepest need. can you give us something to go on. Are you able to access the sacraments?:)::gopray2::crossrc::):)Carlan

I would like to know more about this if you could.

I **DO NOT **believe the Catholic Church is too good to be true and too hard to live - I just don’t know how to do it.

Let the help commence.

Peace
J.

I will start with a question

What is your understanding of what we as Catholics are supposed to do in life?

I have ideas to share with you, but I do not wish to use the shotgun approach by plastering a bunch of ideas without more information.

God bless

Jimmy
We are all called to be Saints but manyt fall short of this, thank God for purgatory.
I have heard it said It is not only hard to become a Saint but it is humanly impossible.
Thank God for His part in this for His Sacraments He has given us to help us on this journey.
No Jimmy you can't do it "alone" but only if you call on God for his help use the Gifts he left the faithful.
And Pray Pray Pray for what you need faith, strength, wisdom, whatever it might be at the current time.
He desires you far more than you or I can even begin to understand. Ask and the door will be opened.
You are already on the right path take your time to discern Gods great Love for you.
We are all here for you, our brother in Christ.
I hope this helps in some small way :thumbsup:

Matt 22:37-38
"You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.
This is the greatest and the first commandment.

[quote="JIMMY68, post:1, topic:182565"]
To my As my post reads, I do believe the Catholic Church is the Church that Christ esablished with Peter, and handed on through apostolic succession to this day - I just can't live it.

IJ.

[/quote]

no, you can't live it. either can I. Either can your pastor, or any CAFer, or the pope--by ourselves we are powerless. When in our weakness we finally admit we can do this only completely in, with and through Christ, then we can do all things. We provide the weakness, he provides the strength, provided we let him.

Many years ago my brother taught me how to drive. What a brave soul he was. After nearly killing him a couple of time by driving into the oncoming traffic, he gave me this advice. He told me that I was so afraid of the oncoming traffic that I would focus on it and would drive the car in the direction that my eyes were looking. He said that I need to be aware of on coming traffic but watch the road ahead of me and drive with that in mind.

That piece of advise may be helpful to you. You may be focusing on your failures and weaknesses. You need to be aware of these failings but turn your eyes toward Jesus and not inward toward yourself. Of course this is far easier said than done.

As in the song written by Helen H. Lemmel:

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of Earth will seem strangely dim.
In the light of His Glory and Grace

My brother's simple advice has helped me through many difficulties.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.