'I Believe Too' effort launched to counter Humanist ad campaign in D.C. (CNA)

Washington DC, Dec 3, 2008 / 04:48 am (CNA).- Following a secular humanist ad campaign in Washington D.C. which questioned religious belief, an initiative called “I Believe Too” has been launched to “counteract” the secular campaign with "a positive, upbeat ad that identifies God as mankind’s "true and loving creator."http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/catholicnewsagency/dailynews/~4/473444437

Full article…

Thank you for posting this. I just read it plus a comment that included this idea – Let the Coke vs. Pepsi ad campaign begin.

Wouldn’t it be far better for pastors, religious teachers or bible group leaders to take some of the stuff found on the American Humanist Association website’s links to both adults and children and discuss why God IS important.
Information about God should be given equal time and I don’t mean advertising in the “Christmas wars”. I mean
spreading the truth in the trenches.

At the very least, Christians should show the ad (which can be downloaded) to other Christians and ask:
“What is wrong with this picture?”

The website is www.whybelieveinagod.org Follow every link.

Blessings,
grannymh

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.