I can see demons

I have been searching for the truth for years. I am a Christ follower and I have begun and stopped RCIA many times due to being taunted by demons. It scares me away from God’s One Church. People say I am either crazy or truly blessed. I am craving the Eucharist. I currently go to a Protestant church and I feel something missing. When I prayed about it, I got my sign when this church did a symbolic gesture of The Last Supper today. Just a symbol, IRK! I have to experience the body and blood of Christ! That is what is missing for me. But when I get closeto The Church, His Church, I put myself to sleep saying Hail Mary’s to fight against demons that scare me. They go away when I am not persuing the Catholic Faith. I have been seen by psychologists and therapists because I was afraid I was crazy. Well, I’m not. This is real. Any advice on how to fight this or anyone who has gone through thistoo please help.

Demons will fight you and taunt you and deter you from Christ’s One True Church. Can I suggest talking to a priest? He could probably give you some kind of blessing, and it might help.

I talked to priest for that very reason and he told me that a person only allows themselves to be taunted. I never went back. he made me feel as if it were my fault. i don’t devil worship or play with ouiji boards or anything to open a doorway. i am too scared to mess around with stuff like that. i guess i will try again. thank you

I will say a prayer for you, God Bless you for trying over and over.
Do not give up.

Brittany, I don’t know the situation but I’d say this almost certainly sounds like a spiritual attack. When I was converting to Catholicism (I used to be Protestant too) I was also spiritually attacked though in different ways. The devil is definitely trying to prevent you, but God is also calling you! Try to not be afraid because God is stronger than the enemy… some of the Saints saw demons or were even physically attacked by them (St Padre Pio, St Gemma Galgani - maybe it would help to read about their lives :)).

I suggest going to RCIA again, but also go to Mass, Adoration, pray the Rosary, get sacramentals… pray the St Michael prayer… but above all trust in God and remember that they can’t do anything to you, really, if you stay close to Him. No matter how much of a ‘show’ they put on. In the end it’s all a show, the enemy has been conquered by the Cross.

I can imagine this must be difficult for you…

prayers

God bless :hug1:

Brittany, if you are really experiencing these visions and not just messing around (people do do that on the internet), I’d suggest you read a couple of books about saints who’ve had these experiences, two that I’ve read are Padre Pio: The True Story and The Life of Saint Teresa of Avila by Herself . Both were taunted by demonic visions, you’re in good company with Padre Pio and Saint Teresa of Avila.

I think it was St Teresa of Avila who recommended holy water :)

I read the other day that she threw the the holy water at the demons. here's page 223 of The Life of Saint Teresa of Avila by Herself, "I have learnt from experience of several occasions that there is nothing the devils fly from more promptly, never to return, than from holy water. They fly from the cross also, but return again. So there must be a great virtue in holy water"

thankyou all for your posts. God is calling me. He has been for a while. I just pray that I am strong enough to follow him. Holy Water is a great idea.

I believe it was St. Theresa who reacted to the demons by saying something like, "Oh, it's only you." Do not give them any power.

Do you wear a blessed St. Benedict Medal or a St. Benedict Crucifix? You may want to look into getting one of the two.

Also, say the St. Michael prayer. The name of Jesus and the holy family, Jesus, Mary, and Joseph are very powerful and will frighten away demons. Put your trust in God. You aren't alone as the only one who can see them. Remember that you have an angel guardian who can protect you.

if it was just you vs the devil, - none of us are strong enough for that. But you’ve got all of Heaven on your side :slight_smile: just don’t forget that. Ask your guardian angel to protect you and ask the Saints to pray for you. Grow in devotion to the Blessed Mother.

Dear Brittany,

I work with a Catholic ministry that helps people with the kinds of problems you describe. Here is one place you might begin:

Saint Pio Center Help Page (particularly the Seven Steps to Self-Deliverance)

As Monica pointed out, this sounds like a spiritual attack with a goal of keeping you away from Jesus truly, really and substantially present in the Eucharist. Don’t let the demons win! Get back into RCIA and pray for God’s protection. Demons are most active when a soul is on the verge of conversion.

Here are some spiritual warfare prayers you may find helpful:

Spiritual Warfare Prayer Catalog

If you try the prayers and seven steps and still have problems, the St. Pio Center will reopen for individual counseling in March. You have my prayers.

If this is real, and not just messing with us, and you are actually seeing demons, you are facing serious spiritual attacks, and the cause therein doesn't matter as much now, as it does for you to gain skills to fight back. Saturate yourself with learning about spiritual warfare first.

I'll share some tidbits from my own experiences that have helped. One of them was something I found on my own, and it's actually amusing to a point, with how effective it is. When you face these creatures, pray for them to see the light of Christ, and to let his Light permeate their beings..do so earnestly and you will see a remarkable, alarmed, fearful look on their faces while they suddenly retreat. Know in this war, you must stand strong and show no weakness, this means every single time you turned back, you showed them their tactics are being effective, the very act of turning back reinforces their resolve, and of course they will continue to use the same techniques, because they are effectively manipulating you to take action other then the ones you want to take.

Know that you fight from victory soldier, Christs victory, and this battle we face is only the aftermath of the war that they have lost. They are trying to go down kicking and screaming, because they know utter anialation awaits them, there are no prisoners in this war, nor are there any that switch sides. Fear NO evil, regardless of what you experience, fear it not because God is by your side, and with him nothing can stand against you. They use fear in a big way, that is where they draw their power from in order to get at you, it's a lie for them to tell you to fear them, for you are much, much stronger then you think you are, but still, having Christ as the ultimate power, that the angels and saints are also right with you as well, their army is vastly inferior to ours. Think about this in terms of raw numbers, only 1/3 of the angels alone fell, this makes Gods army 2/3rds larger, and of course, they only have a finite being as their head, we have the infinite Lord All Mighty.

Their agenda is to keep you in bondage, and in bondage is where you are currently at, they hate losing victims. At the same time, those that have the greater benefit from experiencing our faith in full, are going to face the most opposition in the process.

Go back to RCIA, go back to Mass, let nothing stop you, this will show you what I mean in real time, it will also help to empower your thought process, knowing that you do have the ability to fight back because ultimately, it's your free will, not theirs, not even Gods himself, it's yours and yours alone, so choose not to back down and choose to seek the face of the Lord in all that you do and all that you are.

Here is a good starter book I recommend in this area: Chip Ingram, The Invisible War, it's easy to read and understand, just needs a few odds and ends de-protestanized, but not something one with little discernment can't figure out. You will learn that every single person on this planet fights this war, some are more aware of it then others, some also seem to be more on the front line then others.

[quote="DihydrogenOxide, post:11, topic:183471"]
Do you wear a blessed St. Benedict Medal or a St. Benedict Crucifix? You may want to look into getting one of the two.

Also, say the St. Michael prayer. The name of Jesus and the holy family, Jesus, Mary, and Joseph are very powerful and will frighten away demons. Put your trust in God. You aren't alone as the only one who can see them. Remember that you have an angel guardian who can protect you.

[/quote]

Excuse me but what is a saint Benedict crucifix? Jesus died on the cross why did this person die like that also? Why would a saint see demons? Is not the Lord with them?
raggetyann:)

I’ve also heard that it’s best to not talk to the demons and definitely don’t start conversations with them (or answer anything they might say). Just talk to God, Mary, the Saints…

if you see/experience something but aren’t sure what it is (like whether it’s good or bad… we know the devil can appear as an angel of light), throw holy water on it, make the sign of the Cross, ask them to repeat perfectly “blessed be Jesus and Mary”, etc, stuff like that.

:slight_smile:

he didn’t… that’s not what it means…

the cross/medal just has an exorcism prayer written on it

osb.org/gen/medal.html

Why would a saint see demons? Is not the Lord with them?
raggetyann:)

Our Lord got tempted by the devil. It’s not surprising at all that we would be too… whenever a person is following God, the enemy would try to stop them. Sometimes this happens as thoughts, temptations, spiritual attacks, visions, etc. I’ve never had visions though, this is not as common, but it happens too.

[quote="BrittanyLSailer, post:1, topic:183471"]
I have been searching for the truth for years. I am a Christ follower and I have begun and stopped RCIA many times due to being taunted by demons. It scares me away from God's One Church. People say I am either crazy or truly blessed. I am craving the Eucharist. I currently go to a Protestant church and I feel something missing. When I prayed about it, I got my sign when this church did a symbolic gesture of The Last Supper today. Just a symbol, IRK! I have to experience the body and blood of Christ! That is what is missing for me. But when I get closeto The Church, His Church, I put myself to sleep saying Hail Mary's to fight against demons that scare me. They go away when I am not persuing the Catholic Faith. I have been seen by psychologists and therapists because I was afraid I was crazy. Well, I'm not. This is real. Any advice on how to fight this or anyone who has gone through thistoo please help.

[/quote]

Dear Brittnay,
I have a friend who is troubled with demons. Please know that God loves you, and He wants to help fight these things. I'm not a priest or an expert in this, but I know that every little prayer helps. I will pray for you, and I bet many other people on this thread will. Pray for yourself. This chaplet of St. Micheal helped my friend: youtube.com/watch?v=MFdomRycKQM. I also reccomend the rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy.

Keep the faith. and PUSH (Pray until something happens)

-Jeanne

If you can physically see demons, I would see a psychiatrist. Demons don't have bodies...

the Saints have seen demons. They can take on appearances.

The Saints have seen Angels also, though they also don’t have bodies :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.