I cannot see Like button any more

Hello. I cannot see Like button any more on my comments.
Is the function taken away from my account because of my comments here?
If that’s so, I think it is nice if I can know it and its reason.

2 Likes

It might be just how the platform works. I’ve gone back to a post I made back in July 2019 and the like symbol is not there. Just “link/flag/bookmark/delete/” and reply.

How old are the comments that you are referring to?

1 Like

There isn’t one until someone likes your post and then it’s only likes from other posters. It’s the same for everyone.

4 Likes

LOL! true … … hadn’t noticed that about my posts before … … only after someone had liked them LOL!

2 Likes

Now snce @Katsuobushi “liked” my post, the heart has appeared and I can now see it!.

1 Like

Thanks for saving me from being frustrated. I thought I was spending too much time and someone removed that function only from my posts so no one could click Like on them anymore.

1 Like

Oh. Now I see it on my post. Thanks!

1 Like

Now that would be sad … … and indicate that “they” were spending too much time on CAF to be so petty!

1 Like

FWIW, the “like” function did change. In the past you could have liked your own post and therefore it was visible.

1 Like

I wonder if my iPhone had the old version cached and running and somehow got updated 1 hour ago.

1 Like

Well, that’s … interesting … doesn’t seem right to be able to like your own post though.

1 Like

Possibly? But I don’t think that’s how it works, unless you were using the app.

1 Like

It would be like parents taking away iPhone from kids so they cannot play game anymore. If CAF removes Like button from people spending too much time here, that may be pretty healthy for them.

1 Like

I haven’t encountered a platform that liking your own post doesn’t get the side-eye.

Removing it from this platform eliminated the possibility of unintentionally like your own. I prefer it.

2 Likes

True to the parents analogy. Though I would think it petty if someone removed the like feature from a posters posts simply to prevent anyone from liking that particular persons’ posts.

1 Like

Well that’s good to know!

As do I.

(apologies to both you and @Katsuobushi for the delay on replying to you both, but my computer modem keeps dropping the connection and restarting itself - 6 times just now, so am on my phone finishing this reply.)

1 Like

Hope your modem issues get sorted out. I know how annoying it can be.

2 Likes

Thanks! Just finished posting via my phone, and after leaving the modem off for a bit, it is now back working … …

You’re right. It is very annoying! Perhaps a good opportunity for me to practice patience.

1 Like

We expect computers to do what we want and fast but when they fall short? Well, I find I learn a lot about myself, I’ll just say that.

3 Likes

hehehehehe … … yes, as do I! LOL!

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.