I can't believe it! My prayers have been answered!

For the past few weeks I have been worried about my future. I didn’t know what I was going to do with my life. My career prospects were slim, I couldn’t go back to college and I really started to think that my life was bleak.

What I’ve been experiencing is a common occurance. I think we’ve all worried about the future, and most of us have unsuccessfully tried to discern God’s will for us at some point in our lives. We don’t really know what God wants us to do with our lives, and we do our best to try and figure this out with the help of friends and family.

Some people know exactly what they want to do. I wasn’t one of those people. I was considering several different career paths, including the priesthood. I realised that I couldn’t make the decision myself because I changed my mind on a weekly basis.

After a month of this, I decided to really pray about it. I abandoned myself entirely to God and told him that I would follow his will no matter what. I started praying for guidance about a week ago. Two nights ago, I recited the Rosary and I told God that I was praying this for discernment and guidance. I asked for the grace to know exactly what he wanted me to do.

Yesterday, I received a phone call from an acquaintance I haven’t heard from in a long time. We were both boxing coaches at the same gym about a year ago but I had to leave due to work commitments. I haven’t spoken to him for months, and out of the blue, he called me and asked if I would be willing to coach at his gym. He told me that he would pay for all of the qualifications I need and he also stated that I could coach people without interference. I can run the show and train my own fighters.

I never expected this! God has answered my prayers! I didn’t have a clue what to do, and after praying for a few nights with the faith that God would answer them, I recieved this great opportunity! I know this is the answer I was searching for. The other amazing thing is that certain people who called me and said bad things about me have been fired. These people were jealous because their fighters wanted to train with me and they caused me loads of problems last time. Two nights ago they were fired. The boss released them on the exact same night that I prayed the Rosary! Not only has God given me this position, but he has also removed the people who were unfairly against me the last time.

I decided to share this for any people who are currently struggling to discern the will of God for their lives. I want to tell you to have faith in the providence of the Lord. Pray with faith and he will answer your prayers! It truly is amazing!

Thank you, Dempsey, for sharing your story. I am sure it helps me a lot and others too.

Praise the Lord!

http://bestsmileys.com/happy/7.gif Many of us who read your message are rejoicing with you! May God bless you in your new enterprise!

Carole

This has truely inspired me, for I have been praying for certain things alot recently. Im glad that things are working out for you! May Gods light shine upon you and always guide and light your way. God Bless!
Jacob21
:signofcross:

Congratulations and may God continue to bless you in your new career! :slight_smile:

~~ the phoenix

Thank you all for the kind words you have shared with me.

Although I’ve always knew that God answered prayers, this time I know for certain that God really does answer prayers! It has increased my faith in the Lord tenfold.

This has truely inspired me, for I have been praying for certain things alot recently.

Keep praying and have faith that God will answer you. If you have faith, God will answer your prayers and you will know instantly that God has given you his answer. I recommend that you pray the Rosary because I always receive grace through this form of prayer.

Also, after my first session it looks like I have six fighters who want me to coach them on a regular basis! Some have already had fights and some are good prospects. God must really want me to do this because this isn’t what normally happens. Trust in God and he will provide for you, just like he has for me.

Congratulations and thank you God! :smiley:

God bless you and thank God for your faith. He always answers our prayers that is why I am responding to your message by making a request to everybody out their to bombard Heaven with our needs through the holy name of Jesus! Lately I re-read a book that I read a few years ago called “the wonders of the Holy Name” by Fr. Paul O’Sullivan. It tells of great victories by the Saints that preached the Holy Name. It also says that we should repeat the name many times during the day, it glorifies God , brings warmth and love back to a soul and defeats the enemy.
Now my point is that , what if we believers started this now and for the rest of our lives, “Jesus, Jesus, sweet heart of Jesus may you be everywhere loved” it would defeat our enemies in this dark age. You could repeat this powerful name many hundred times a day. But if we all joined together, all Christens, we would have certain victory!
So, get the book and keep it for inspiration, and repeat the holy name every day for the rest of your life, and we would usher in the Golden age, God bless you all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.