I can't believe this woman is quoted in the bulletin

http://www.30goodminutes.org/csec/images_4500/chittister_phto.jpg

I can’t believe this woman is quoted in a Rochester, NY Catholic Church bulletin. The bulletin is for Easter Sunday Weekend! Good Grief!
resurrectionfairport.org./bulletin/BulApr03.pdf

:mad: :banghead: And the vultures gather:crying:

:gopray: Dear God help us!

Catch me up. Who is she? I read what she wrote and I am guessing she writes for Hallmark?

[quote=pnewton]Catch me up. Who is she? I read what she wrote and I am guessing she writes for Hallmark?
[/quote]

She’s a “nun” that writes a column for the National Catholic Reporter. She is one of the most harcore heretics I have ever seen. Her column is more about politics, but I saw her on PBS once and she ripped into everything that the Church stands for.

I don’t understand the problem? It reads like a bunch of vague and meaningless generalizations from a confused mind to me? It didn’t make any sense at all? Could somebody straighten me out?

The click on the bulletin link below joan’s pic and find her quoted in a church bulletin

[quote=pnewton]Catch me up. Who is she? I read what she wrote and I am guessing she writes for Hallmark?
[/quote]

You can find info about her at ourladyswarriors.org/

Click on dissent

now that i’ve read her article, i have to ask - do you object to the article itself, or merely to the fact that it was written by a ‘hardcore heretic’?

i don’t see anything about her at this site. ourladyswarriors.org/

am i missing it?

Kid me some more

[quote=jeffreedy789]now that i’ve read her article, i have to ask - do you object to the article itself, or merely to the fact that it was written by a ‘hardcore heretic’?
[/quote]

[quote=Binney]Kid me some more
[/quote]

Seriously Binney, what of her quote do you disagree with?

[quote=gelsbern]Seriously Binney, what of her quote do you disagree with?
[/quote]

Seriously Gelsberg,
Maybe you would like to see that parish bulletin quote Hitler for the Pentecostal Season and Mussolini for Christmas.

I don’t know anything about this woman, but I do know Fr. McBrien’s columns have been regularly featured in the Catholic Courier.
I mean, I’m not shocked anymore by Rochester.
If Rochester is going to shock me, it is going to be when they start leaning towards orthodox teaching…then I’ll keel over.

[quote=Binney]http://www.30goodminutes.org/csec/images_4500/chittister_phto.jpg

I can’t believe this woman is quoted in a Rochester, NY Catholic Church bulletin. The bulletin is for Easter Sunday Weekend! Good Grief!
resurrectionfairport.org./bulletin/BulApr03.pdf
[/quote]

Rochester has a very liberal bishop. Pray for the faithful who live there, they suffer quite a bit because of all this. Although many good Catholics have learned to live among wolves, it still does hurt. I don’t live in the diocese, but know some who do.

In the bulletin it list’s a Rev. somebody or other… why isn’t he called a Father? Is it common for Priests to be called Reverend?

[quote=carol marie]In the bulletin it list’s a Rev. somebody or other… why isn’t he called a Father? Is it common for Priests to be called Reverend?
[/quote]

Yes, I believe Rev. is their official title. Fr. is more of a “term of endearment” that has become so commonplace, people aren’t even aware that it isn’t an official title. On my Church bulletin they are all listed as Rev. (Except for the pastor who’s official title is Rev. Msgr.)

The same holds true for the Church I go to by my office for daily noon Mass. Both the Pastor and the “in residence” priest’s title are Rev. on the bulletin.

Keep in mind, both of these Parishes are very Orthodox and very much in line with the Magisterium. Also, these Parishes are in two seperate Diocese (Brooklyn/Queens Diocese, and the New York Diocese) so I don’t think it’s a problem with the specific diocese they are located in.

[quote=Binney]Seriously Gelsberg,
Maybe you would like to see that parish bulletin quote Hitler for the Pentecostal Season and Mussolini for Christmas.
[/quote]

So in other words, you have a problem with her personally, and not necessarily with her article. If you have any specific problems with the contents of the article, here’s another chance to name them.

I’ve never heard of this woman, but quite frankly she looks like a man to me. Fully clothed anyway, and I shudder to imagine otherwise … who knows the real truth anyway? I can imagine it’s hard to accept teachings from what looks transgendered at best. :eek:

Oh, yeah, well there’s that whole thing about not making surface judgments based on appearances alone – then again I judge all books by their covers before deciding whether I’m even interested in cracking it open, as it were. :wink:

Maybe this thread should be called, “I can’t believe this person quoted in the bulletin is actually a woman.” Good thing she’s a nun, or some poor guy might have had quite a surprise on his wedding night. OK, that’s probably over the line; I’ll stop now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Alan

Alan,

I was thinking the very same thing but I was afraid I’d get in trouble for saying it. I seriously thought the picture was a clip from a Saturday Night Live skit.

For those of you who don’t know who she is, here is a slightly older thread that she’s mentioned in:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=47207

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.