I can't find an Apostolic Catholic Church

OK. I searched around everywhere for Catholic churches that are apostolic Catholic.

The Holy Church of St. Peter is described in Acts 2:44 and Acts 4:32-35

I want to join an Apostolic Catholic church and give all our possessions into the community of believers.

Is there such a Catholic Church community? The only thing I found close to that is a monastery but those are monks. Where is the actual community of apostolic Christians?

Are there any left in any country?

I think monasteries are the place to look for anyone who wants to do a vow of poverty. It’s not a vow everyone is expected to take, and they will typically “live in community”.

I can’t fully understand your question. Are you asking where you can find a Church that has apostolic succession? If so, look no further than the Catholic Church, who has the Successor of St Peter at her head.

You are about 1,900 years too late for that cultural norm.

Why not search for a Christian community that does not use the bible - like the early Church you are seeking?

While it may be difficult to find a pure Catholic commune type set up, I have heard of “intentional” Catholic communities where believers choose to live in an area together and help each other, worship together, school together etc. but I believe there is still private properties in these communities. I have also heard of lay people being integrated into the life of monasteries but again I think they are more periphal and live outside the monastery and still have private property. But perhaps such a cimmunity does exist and have just not heard of it

Why do you think that monks are not Christians?

Great!!! Join the Catholic Church nearest to you and donate all of your possessions. Your pastor will take care to insure they are distributed equitably among the Church community (and, for the past several centuries, without regard to the religion of the recipients).

The only thing I found close to that is a monastery but those are monks. Where is the actual community of apostolic Christians?

Waitaminute - you’re telling me that you offered to join a local Catholic Parish and donate all that you had, and they turned you down? Are you a husband and father, and offered to donate not only your own subsistence, but your family’s as well? You cannot offer that much, and no Parish could accept that much, because your family is your highest vocation. But do you claim that you offered to give what you were free to give (which could be a LOT) and it was turned down??? C’mon!!! You’re pulling our leg!

Or, are you seeking a Catholic community which requires anyone to give all they have? There have been (and still are) Catholic communities that expect such a sacrifice, but this has certainly never been any sort of requirement of the Catholic faithful. But you can STILL do it. Go ahead! Join an Apostolic Church (the Catholic Church) and give everything which you are free to give (ie, not at the expense of your family’s substance) to the poor. You can DO that if you choose. But it will not ever be required of you by the Church. It is your decision.

Taize?

OP wants a community where the women carry the water jars, cover their heads and do not speak in Church. Let us know how that works out…

Actually the holy church of St. Peter is described in Matthew chapter 16:18-19

What you see in acts is the beginnings of the Catholic church, it doesn’t mean it was supposed to stay that way. The bible is showing us what it looked like not what it has to be.

As one poster pointed out then the church didn’t have the bible, it also didn’t have church buildings.

Are you saying God wanted those things to stay that way?

I would also point out that the reason the Catholic church told their converts sell all their possessions and give the money to the poor and the church and live in communities is because they thought that Jesus was literally coming back in their life time, perhaps even the next day. They wanted the Christians to be in the best possible position for judgement day. Once the church realized the first christian generation would not be the last , and the church grew to the point this was no longer practical, the practice stopped.

lol! Good answer. :thumbsup:

Protestants have always used the historical argument against the Catholic Church, saying it doesn’t resemble the Church of St. Peter. But for all that, they have no problem with their own unbiblical version, where they separate themselves from the main body of Christians as their idea of reform. :confused:

Here we go!!!

:takeoff:

:thumbsup:

The mustard seed is now grown and it’s still growing :slight_smile:

So the Catholic Church gave up St. Peter’s rule (Acts 2:44. 4:32-35 ) after his death?

I don’t think so. to po18guy and all readers, I don’t think I’m asking for something unreasonable.

Pope Francis says over and over that the system of “King Money” is an evil and damages the world.

It seems the Roman Empire had its god as “King Money” also.

What prevents Catholics from creating lay people societies, cities towns and neighborhoods that follow the rule of St. Peter? Is it King Money that stands in the way?

You do know of course the when Jesus drove out the money changers, it was, in part, due to the fact that temple money was to be used only for holy things within the tenets of the law and Roman “blood money” was not permitted. The exchangers were exchanging Roman money for temple money just for the sake of love of money and not in accordance with the law.

I predict you will see Pope Francis call the faithful to live the rule of St. Peter. He has said it over and over and many times.

Of course the early Christians knew they’d also be killed for not using Roman money because they couldn’t pay taxes.

They would not give an ounce of their spirit to contribute to murderous evil system entangled with demoniac laws that force people to act and pay against the holy teachings of God.

Back then Bishops called for true repentance fasting and praying , but when the US government forced HHS on Catholics, the Bishops called lawyers instead of assembling the faithful in persistent, ceaseless prayer and fast.

Actually they did call for fasting and prayer, then they called lawyers, then called for prayer and fasting again. I know this because I’m Catholic. You really need to research a little, because you don’t know what your talking about here.

I for one am glad we no longer live in communes (they never work. Which is the real reason we stopped doing them), or hold church services in homes.

To expect the infant church not to grow up is unrealistic.

The united states looks nothing like it did in the beginning. I supposed it’s not really the United states?

The burden of proof is yours.

We have a direct line of succession to Christ and St. Peter. Our history is well documented.

Also, your comments are ignorant and childish. To say that we called lawyers instead of praying and fasting is nothing but a ridiculous attempt to distort the truth and appeal to others sentiments against the Catholic Church. We prayed and we fought legally. If you want to be an anarchist and live outside the rules of society - go ahead. But don’t come here throwing rocks when your roof is made out of glass. We prayed and fasted .

Here are some examples by a simple google search (Something you failed to do and which clearly shows your bad intentions):

lifenews.com/2013/12/06/bishops-call-catholics-to-pray-fast-as-hhs-mandate-challenged-at-supreme-court/
catholicnewsagency.com/news/hhs-mandate-defines-and-limits-religion-pennsylvania-bishops-say/
cardinalnewmansociety.org/CatholicEducationDaily/DetailsPage/tabid/102/ArticleID/305/nashville-dominicans-call-for-nine-days-of-prayer-fasting-in-response-to-hhs-mandate.aspx
usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/how-we-teach/new-evangelization/year-of-faith/call-to-prayer-friday-fast-intentions-and-reflections.cfm

We have answered your many questions. You do not want to see.

To demand an exact system and practice as in the 1st century is unreal.

The first thing you must do is to stop using the computer to post on an internet board. You are supporting the King Money system by using an ISP, Electronic equipment and electricity (And all the other peripherals that go along with it). The second thing you must do is abandon all plumbing and electricity as known in the modern world. That way you can acclimate yourself to the 1st century. The third thing you must do is abandon your car, bus or any other method of transportation you currently use, other than walking. Real men and women walk like in the 1st century. The fifth thing you need to do is abandon your Bible. There was no such thing in the 1st century. You need to abandon it and run to a synagogue or a Church and **hear ** the Word of God. That’s how it was done.

There is no such thing as a Rule of St. Peter.

People did the things described in Acts of the Apostles 2:44 and 4:32-35 of their own volition. They offered some of their property freely. There was no rule requiring people to give all their property to the Church.

Even those entering the monastery don’t have to do this. Many give their property to their children or siblings.

The Rule of St. Peter doesn’t exist. There is no such thing.

-Tim-

Steve,

I did my research. I attended one of the rallies in a MAJOR US city with a very large Catholic population. The crowd was all of about 1200 - 1500 people.

Some of them were politicians holding political signs. There was no call for Catholic Rosary during the time of the rally. There was no prayer. An Orthodox bishop showed up but not a Roman Catholic Bishop.

I drove 50+ miles to attend this ‘on fire’ rally and phftttt…

I for one am glad we no longer live in communes (they never work. Which is the real reason we stopped doing them), or hold church services in homes.

1.) How could you know since you’ve never lived in one.
2.) I’ve read that EWTNs Mother Angelica’s original thought for purchasing so much land was to have Catholic families live in community.
3.) Monasteries are communes and they seem to have worked for centuries.
4.) The system of old Catholic societies such as guilds and confraternities proved to be very successful. I just watched the life of St. Philip Neri and his confraternity did the work of Christ.

Therefore, I respectfully disagree with you.

No. Its not. St. Peter knew what he was doing. We are not higher authorities than him.

The first thing you must do is to stop using the computer to post on an internet board. You are supporting the King Money system by using an ISP, Electronic equipment and electricity (And all the other peripherals that go along with it).

*“This is what I want, a poor church for the poor.” – * Pope Francis

The second thing you must do is abandon all plumbing and electricity as known in the modern world. That way you can acclimate yourself to the 1st century. The third thing you must do is abandon your car, bus or any other method of transportation you currently use, other than walking. Real men and women walk like in the 1st century. The fifth thing you need to do is abandon your Bible. There was no such thing in the 1st century. You need to abandon it and run to a synagogue or a Church and **hear ** the Word of God. That’s how it was done.

Well, Rome had plumbing :slight_smile: :smiley:

“Today we are living in unjust international system in which ‘King Money’ is at the center,” - Pope Francis

The Pope’s words are not empty are they? He’s condemning the world’s system of money.

“must serve, not rule.” - Pope Francis

Pope Francis warns of *“trickle-down theories,” which put a “crude and naive trust in the goodness of those wielding economic power.” *

‘Not to share one’s goods with the poor is to rob them.’* - Pope Francis

*“We have created new idols.” "**The worship of the golden calf of old has found a new and heartless image in the cult of money and the dictatorship of an economy *which is faceless and lacking any truly humane goal." - Pope Francis

What do you think the Pope is talking about? The status quo? Is the Pope calling for a little change in some political solution that tweaks a rule or a regulation somewhere.

This Pope is asking for, in his own words, “RADICAL” change.

These aren’t one or two quotes from the Pope but a recurring theme.

He’s asking for a church in the mold of St. Peter’s church of Rome. A church that transforms with radical faith and radical love of God.

What you claimed was that the Bishops called lawyers not prayer and fasting.
You are giving me an example of how lethargic the faithful is. Which is a sad reality but does not prove your point., it’s still false.

I know for a fact that the bishops called for prayer and fasting, which is something I did, However you would not have seen me at a rally.

Social experiments conducted by people who really wanted them to work showed that people are too selfish. When you have a structure were everything is distributed equally then it takes away the incentive to work. Which is what Paul ran into when he wrote

“If a man doesn’t work, he sall not eat.”

This is a good point. But I would submit to you there is a difference between someone who is willing to give up sex for Jesus, and everybody else.

Monasteries are a bunch of men who have made the conscience choice to deprive themselves verses everybody living in a commune.

Also monasteries have a strict authority structure, if you don’t work you are kicked out.

Hey maybe these is the Catholic communes you are looking for? Monasteries, and Convents

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.