I desperately need prayers for the healing of my shoulder shrugging tic because I keep injuring my shoulder

Hey everyone. I desperately need prayers for the healing of my shoulder shrugging tic. It is even more miserable than the Fibromyalgia. It hurts every time I do it but I can’t keep from doing it. If I resist the urge then the urge just gets stronger and stronger until I can’t resist and then I shrug and it causes pain. But the worst part is that it has caused me to injure my shoulder at least 3 times in the past two years. My shoulder is currently injured. I can’t avoid moving it in ways that hurt. I don’t know what movements will make the injury hurt worse. The pain is severe and its a sharp pain that lasts a few seconds but leaves more pain in the entire shoulder area. I would really appreciate your prayers. I desperately need a cure. I need a miracle. I have probably already done permanent damage to my shoulder.

Hail Mary
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now and at the
hour of our death.
Amen.

:signofcross: :highprayer:

Praying…

Memorare
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Hi everyone. Thanks for the prayers. I really need more prayers though. I am still in a lot of pain. Sometimes my prescription pain medicine doesn’t help at all either.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Thanks for the prayers Teresa.

That said, I think I am going to have to take myself to the emergency room tonight. The pain is severe ALL of the time now and absolutely excruciating if I move my arm more than just ever so slightly. :frowning:

Hail holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our
life, our sweetness, our hope. To you
do we cry, poor banished children of Eve.
To you do we send up our sighs, mourning
and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn
then, most gracious advocate, your eyes of
mercy towards us. And after this our exile,
show unto us the blessed Fruit of your
womb, Jesus. O Clement, O loving,
O sweet Virgin Mary.

Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
That we may be made worthy of the of the
promises of Christ. :heart:

:signofcross: :highprayer: :harp:

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughter.

:gopray:

Thank you all so much for the prayers. I am keeping myself medicated so as to make the pain less severe and it is helping. I decided not to go to the ER though. I am simply going to call my doctor in the morning and get in to see her.

I went to the ER and it is not fractured but it is injured but they could not tell me what the injury is. They did give me a sling and prescription strength motrin for pain though. Pain is excruciating right now.

Praying hard for a speedy recovery.

Thank you so much Rocket. I really appreciate your prayers for my recovery.

That said, I just now got home with my prescription for prescription strength Ibuprofen (600 mg). I just took one because I was in a lot of pain. It hasn’t had time to take effect yet but I am sure it will soon. I am hoping and praying that it is effective in relieving the pain. If not, the nurse told me I could take acetaminophen along with it for an extra boost. I will let you all know how I am doing later this evening or tonight and I will keep you updated when I can. Thank you all so much for your prayers. Please pray that this pain medicine will be effective for the pain. Thank you.

That said, I am not going to go to the doctor unless this shoulder doesn’t start feeling better within a few days. I am going to give it about 3 days and if it isn’t feeling any better by then I will definitely go to the doctor.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

Thanks so much Fiona Margaret!

That said, the ibuprofen hasn’t take effect yet I don’t think. If it has, it isn’t helping.

Our Lady of Lourdes, please heal Holly’s painful shoulder. Grant her peace from this suffering and allow her to live her life without this tugging her down. Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be…

Thanks RedDuke!

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thank you Brigid.

Pain is coming back. I have the sling on again.

Hey everyone. My shoulder is doing much better today. I wasn’t feeling well today so I slept most of the day. My back was hurting and I was also dizzy and tired. I had intended to receive the Anointing of the Sick today because of my shoulder injury and for my depression which has been severe lately but both of those things have improved so I called the priest who was going to call me this morning and cancelled receiving this blessed Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick.

Anyway, I think the rest did my shoulder some good. I haven’t had hardly any pain in my shoulder today like I was having yesterday and the day before. However, I have noticed that I have to be careful when getting out of bed because when I do that I sometimes make certain movements which can cause sharp pain in my shoulder. For the most part though I am either not moving the wrong way today or those same movements which were causing pain are no longer causing pain. Regardless, I rejoice, glorify God, and thank you all so very much for your prayers as they have clearly helped.

As for my shoulder shrugging, I don’t think it has been bad today at all. I have been keeping my mind occupied and so there is not much room for nervousness which is what usually causes the shrugging. I have been shrugging slightly but nowhere near as bad as I was. I would greatly appreciate your prayers that my shrugging would be minimized if not completely cured soon.

Thanks again for all of your prayers. I appreciate them more than you can know.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.