I did not realize how much I missed God

I have been sick for the past week and I didn't get to go to Mass Sunday or on Tuesday for the Immaculate Conception. I feel so empty and can't wait to get well enough to at least go to adoration. Has anyone else experienced this feeling of deprivation when they miss Mass?

[quote="pandacordova, post:1, topic:179127"]
I have been sick for the past week and I didn't get to go to Mass Sunday or on Tuesday for the Immaculate Conception. I feel so empty and can't wait to get well enough to at least go to adoration. Has anyone else experienced this feeling of deprivation when they miss Mass?

[/quote]

Yes, I go to Mass each day before work, and if I miss going, it really does not feel right. It has certainly become a part of my life and I do miss it when for some reason I cannot go.

Absolutely - I find it amazing how some people can barely spare one hour for the Lord, by attending Mass on a Sunday. Some can’t get out of the church quick enough, as if the Holy Mass is an interruption to their life. For me, missing Mass is an interruption to my day! I try to go to Holy Mass each day - normally in the evening, so I long for it all day… If I do miss Mass on a particular day, it does seem odd - I suppose I know that I’ve missed something really, really special!

[quote="pandacordova, post:1, topic:179127"]

[/quote]

yes :( I know what you mean.. I get that too. Prayers for you to feel better soon :hug1:

That can be really rough! Offer it up! Let our crosses help others. :) I hope and pray you get better soon!!!

I am feeling much better and am looking forward to tomorrow's mass. I think I may even be up to going to daily mass this morning. :D

:( Yes, I know the feeling. I'm 15 and can't drive yet, and most of the time no one wants to drive me to Mass, isn't able to, etc. I always try to watch one on TV or find one on the internet that I can watch. But it isn't quite the same, obviously. At least it seems twice as wonderful once you really are able to go and worship God in the best way possible.

When I had the flu back in late August/early September, missing Mass because I had a 102 fever and was in no state to leave the house only made me feel worse. I was so happy when I finally got to go to church a week later. It throws the whole week off if I miss going.

Yeah! I finally got to go today and it was WONDERFUL! I just soaked up everything wanting to glorify God with every ounce of my being.:smiley:

Sometimes i experience something like this when i come across people with a lot of serious difficulties related to not living a fervent catholic life.

my experience then is one of thanksgiving that God has spared me and protected me from some of those troubles by drawing me closer to his side.

What's with all these multiple-year thread necros today??

closed #12

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.