I don't know how to respond to false FB assertions

where to post this but someone on my fb posted this and I’m lost. I don’t know anything about her religion so I’m here asking you all what do you know of it? help me understand if you can …i’m just lost. she posted it on her page, I just saw it in my feed. Thanks soo much in advance!

"The common response by those who celebrate heathen “holy” days is that they "are not ‘worshiping’ ‘the tree,’ Satan (i.e., Satan), a bunny or its ‘eggs’ but yet they claim to do these things 'in the Name of who they have been deceived into calling ‘Jesus’ - which is just a blatantly false overly for Yahshua the Messiah of Scripture (just as they make The Father’s Name Yahweh vain by replacing it with “God” and “Lord” they also attempt to make His Son’s Name Yahshua vain also through submission to the lying pen of the scribes whose feet they sit under in unquestionable devotion). So, on one hand they claim NOT to be worshiping anything by their actions yet on the other hand they claim to to doing such things in honor of the one whom they claim to be followers of which is by definition the very act of worship - we understand this oxymoronic logic under modern secular terms to be defined as “schizophrenia.” This is no different than the sin of Mt. Sinai whereby the Isrealites broke the covenant they previously entered into as described in Exodus as the verses below indicate.

Exo 32:4 And he took this from their hand, and he formed it with an engraving tool, and made a moulded calf. And they said, “This is your mighty one, O Yisra’ĕl, that brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim!”
Exo 32:5 And Aharon saw and built an altar before it. And Aharon called out and said, “Tomorrow is a festival to יהוה.”
Exo 32:6 And they rose early on the next day, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings. And the people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

We read in the following verse, Exo 32:7 that Yah called those who done so as having “corrupted themselves.” As well we further read of what happened to the Israelites who took part in such apostasy…

Exo 32:26 And Mosheh stood in the entrance of the camp, and said, “Who is for יהוה? Come to me.” And all the sons of Lĕwi gathered themselves to him.
Exo 32:27 And he said to them, “Thus said יהוה Elohim of Yisra’ĕl: ‘Each one put his sword on his side, pass over to and fro from gate to gate in the camp, and each one slay his brother, and each one his friend, and each one his relative.’ ”
Exo 32:28 And the sons of Lĕwi did according to the word of Mosheh. And about three thousand men of the people fell that day.
Exo 32:29 And Mosheh said, “You are ordained for יהוה today – since each one has been against his son and his brother – so as to bring upon you a blessing today.”

However, let us further consider the delusion that such who take part in such “corruption” and follow in the footsteps of those whom were slain then for doing so use to justify their abominable practice of False Worship today. Just what is their justification but the assertion that they are justified as being different than those people of the past as they are now under ‘grace,’ as if ‘grace’ in entirely an invention for them, something new which did not exist back then, which is another exhibit of evidence which proves their functional illiteracy of Scripture and of the curse of delusion for the lies their wicked hearts choose to follow after as they walk upon their crooked paths. This, they claim is the “Gospel of Grace” and they do not have to follow the “Law.” In other words, the “Law,” or more accurately the “Torah” which Yahweh spoke through His Prophets as being “eternal” and “everlasting” they claim “has been done away with.” Thus they declare Yahweh, whom they call “God” to be a liar. In other words, though they claim to worship Him they prove by the fruits of their actions and the declaration of the words, “Grace Gospel” to be pursuers of lies, worshipers of lies, and children of the “Father of Lies.” Especially as the “Gospel of Grace” IS “another Gospel” not taught, as they believe it to be, by Yahweh or His Son Yahshua. As Yahshuah preached the Gospel of the Kingdom of Yahweh, built upon the Eternal Law which He said He did NOT come to do away with and appealed to everyone to “repent” from their sins which IS violation of the Law/Torah.

In conclusion, the “Jesus” of Churchianity IS the Anti-Messiah as Christians teach him to be against the very Law that Yahshua Messiah declared to His followers “DO NOT THINK,” which is a command, “THAT I CAME TO DO AWAY WITH.” Mat_5:17. The evidence is overwhelming “Christianity” IS the religion of the Anti-Messiah, its followers pursue lies, teach lies and continually speak lies and opposition to the very Words of the Book they claim to believe in. "

that post continues with this:

“2Ti 4:4 and they shall indeed turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to myths. (Such as Christmas & Easter.)
2Co 11:13 For such are false emissaries, deceptive workers, masquerading as emissaries of Messiah.
2Co 11:14 And no wonder! For Satan himself masquerades as a messenger of light!
2Co 11:15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works! 2Th 2:1 As to the coming of our Master יהושע Messiah and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, brothers,
2Th 2:2 (do) not to become easily unsettled in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as if the day of יהוה has come.
2Th 2:3 Let no one deceive you in any way, because the falling away is to come first, and the man of lawlessness (Torahlessness) is to be revealed, the son of destruction,
2Th 2:4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called Elohim or that is worshipped, so that he sits as Elohim in the Dwelling Place of Elohim, showing himself that he is Elohim.
2Th 2:7 For the secret of lawlessness (Torahlessness) is already at work – only until he who now restrains comes out of the midst.
2Th 2:8 And then the lawless (Torahlessness) one shall be revealed, whom the Master shall consume with the Spirit of His mouth and bring to naught with the manifestation of His coming.
2Th 2:9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power and signs and wonders of falsehood,
2Th 2:10 and with all deceit of unrighteousness in those perishing, because they did not receive the love of the truth, in order for them to be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this reason Elohim sends them a working of delusion, for them to believe the falsehood,1 Footnote: 1Eze. 20:25, John 9:39, John 12:40, Acts 7:42, Rom. 1:24-28.
2Th 2:12 in order that all should be judged who did not believe the truth (of Torah), but have delighted in the unrighteousness (sin = transgression against Torah).
Mat_5:19 “Whoever, then, breaks one of the least of these commands, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the reign of the heavens; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the reign of the heavens.
Mat_15:9 ‘But in vain do they worship Me, teaching as teachings the commands of men
Joh_14:15 “If you love Me, you shall guard My commands.
Joh 8:31 So יהושע said to those Yehuḏim who believed Him, “If you stay in My Word, you are truly My taught ones,
Joh 8:32 and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.””

and she comments to that post with this:

"“Jesus” IS coming back BUT so is Yahshua and Yahshua is going to kick his Torahless butt! Actually, I believe that first “Jesus” will come with the Muslim Mahdi, which is the “Straw” Jesus and then another “Jesus” will come to take him out. This will have to happen to suck in the Christians who expect the Muslim “Jesus” to be the False Prophet and the “Mahdi” to be the “Anti-Christ. The real “Anti-Christ,” or rather the Anti-Messiah will then come claiming that he is the “real Jesus” and the Christians will be taken in by him. He will call everyone to battle at Yarushalem to resist Yahshua’s coming whom he will claim to be Satan. Then Yahshua will call his elect from the 4 corners of the earth, those who remain, and we will then go to battle with Him to overthrow Jesus and usher in with Yahshua the reign of Yahweh upon the earth.”

Sounds more like a rambling personal opinion rather than a particular religion.:confused:

Having a Christmas tree or Easter eggs is a cultural practice, not a religious one.

The Catholic Church has traditionally been quite flexible on the artistic integration of non-Christian traditions which frankly have no bearing on Faith.

People who cherry-pick Biblical passages, especially from the Old Testament, are asking for trouble because it’s likely the passages are taken out of context.

In Catholic circles, this can lead to what we call scandal.

Apparently, having a Christmas tree is the same as worshipping Elomium or something.

Just another non-Catholic Christian who is trying interpret the Bible as literally as possible. :shrug:

They need natural law and theological guidance now more than ever it would seem.

This person is insane. Don’t even talk to them.

Linus2nd

The irony about claiming the names God and Lord are vain. The Ancient Israelites (who this person seems to adore) only used those, because of a prohibition against writing the Tetragrammaton. And indeed, this same tradition is followed by modern-day Jews, and to a lesser extent, most (possibly all) modern Christians. Have you ever wondered why you sometimes see the word LORD written with those small caps in Bibles?

Also, a more accurate history of the name Jesus than that purported by this post:
Yeshua (Heb.) -> Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous, Gr.) -> Iesus (Lat.) -> Jesus (Later Latin, still pronounced with a Y-sound) -> Jesus (En., pronounced with a J-sound)

Jesus said there will be false prophets and false messiahs. I believe you’re seeing some of that. It’s quite worrisome and I hope you can see that just by the tone of the writings… The fruit of the Holy spirit is found here:

Galatians 5:22 By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against such things.

Jesus has always been with us as the second person of the Holy Trinity… :slight_smile:

So the birth and death of Christ are myths? :rolleyes:

As regards the first part of your post, this person fails to distinguish between a festive decoration or symbol and an idol. No Christian thinks that a tree is God, or that the Easter Bunny is Christ. The Jews were worshipping the golden calf as though it WERE God.

i literally cannot figure out a single word of that. it sound like this guy found religion.

Facebook is a great place to publicly embarrass yourself and ruin relationships.

I permanently deleted my account, and I recommend that everyone do the same. :yup:

The citations in the original post sound like apologetic from the Messianic Jews.

I don’t go on facebook and so never have to respond to false facebook assertions.

-Tim-

I used to get a load of weird stuff in my feed from 2 of my cousins (they are heavily into New Age stuff). The sad thing is I doubt that they even think about how annoying and offensive their posts are.

By accident I found that by hoovering the mouse near the title I could block most of their posts. That way I can stay in touch on family matters and not put up with the rubbish without offending them. Maybe you could do the same. If they are not a real friend, just unfriend them.

It’s not worth responding to. You’ll never convince someone whose mind is made up – regardless of the actual facts of the matter.

Pray for the person – but don’t try to engage in theological dialogue.

hello everyone, thanks

I was friends with her because she knows a lot about healing your body naturally. but then I saw her posting this everywhere. But since I’m already apart of her natural healing fb group I can definitely take her off my friend’s list.

her “about” section lists her religious views as: Natsarim-A Follower of Yashua

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.