I don't know what I'm going to do. The situation is desperate!

Hi everyone. I don’t know what I’m going to do. This situation is desperate. I need $16 to make up for the money that I spent on cell phone minutes. But before you jump all over me for buying cell phone minutes, let me tell you that I had to buy the cell phone minutes so that I could call my dad or someone in case my car breaks down tonight. It is incredibly cold where I live and if my car breaks down and I’m stranded, I might well die of hypothermia or get severe frost bite. I can’t borrow the money from either of my parents because they are both too poor to help out. I can’t borrow the money from my Grandma because she is too poor to help out and she would literally kill me if she knew what I did. The reason is because she doesn’t think cell phone minutes are necessary when in fact they are when you need them for an emergency. If you don’t believe me that she’d try to kill me, let me tell you this. She tried to kill me once before. She wrapped her hands around my throat and tried to strangle me to death. I had to call the cops on her. The cops made her leave my apartment but I was not able to press charges and I wouldn’t have done so anyway because that was the first incident of it’s kind.

If you know me from previous encounters on this forum, you would know that I tend to panic a lot and panicking is what I am doing right now. I see no way out of this one. I literally need a miracle!

Please help me to find a way to get the money that I need for gas.

OH and I forgot to tell you why I need the money for gas. I have a psychiatrist’s appointment and a therapist’s appointment both next week and they are both out of town. My car doesn’t do that good on gas and I know I won’t be able to make it to the grocery store tonight and to the town where my psychiatrist and therapist are located. I also have a dentist’s appointment next week. All of these appointments are necessary because I have been having panic attacks lately and also because I think I might have a cavity in one or two of my teeth.

If you have any ideas on how to help me get the money, please PM me or post it in this thread. Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide!

‘There is nothing more pleasing to God, than to see a soul who patiently and serenely bears whatever crosses it is sent; this is how love is made, by putting lover and loved one on the same level. . . A soul who loves Jesus Christ desires to be treated the way Christ was treated–desires to be poor, despised and humiliated.’

St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

Don’t get killed! :slight_smile:

Pray and make war on anxiety itself and serenely proceed to do what is necessary accepting success or failure and all that comes with it as from the hand of the Good God. :slight_smile:

I said a prayer that you will find the money. I have found that God provides what we need, at least He has for me. Just what I need, and usually when I need it. Say the “Jesus I trust in You” prayer over and over.

May you find what you need. I will pray for you.

Also please bring a warm blanket in your car just in case. God bless you.:slight_smile:

Holly, God grant you peace.
I ask your angel to remind you to budget so that you don’t get into such a pickle again…a notebook and a pen handy to keep note of expenses.
I ask the Lord to help you deal with the emotional balance that can make life so much more joyful for you.
May the Lord help you with all those things that makes your life so troubling for yourself.

Warm wishes, Holly :grouphug:

Trust in God! Remember the coin in the fish’s mouth St. Peter found? Remember the money Mother Teresa recieved from total strangers to help her out? God provides for those who trust in Him.

Dear God, please help to give her the strength she needs to get through this most difficult of problems. Please help her to realize just how much she needs you to keep her from panic attacks.

Please, relax. God will take care of you in this situation. I am sure of it. Do not doubt in Him because he can do anything. He will not allow you to be harmed even though it may seem so. Trust me, I know from personal experience.

I do trust in God. I have the faith the size of a mustard seed but Jesus said that faith that small can still move mountains. :slight_smile:

Thanks Trishie. :slight_smile: I was trying to budget but I had a panic attack while I was in the store and bought the cell phone minutes for just in case of an emergency. :blush:

Anyway, I do believe God has found a way for me. He reminded me, through His Holy Spirit, that I could take a Medicab to my psychiatrist’s appointment. They’re much cheaper and covered by Medicaid than it would be if I drove myself. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I do believe God has found a way for me. He reminded me, through His Holy Spirit, that I could take a Medicab to my psychiatrist’s appointment. They’re much cheaper and covered by Medicaid than it would be if I drove myself. :thumbsup:

Great!! So you’ll be warm and safe in addition to solving the transport problem for your appointment! :slight_smile:

May the Lord keep you in His arms!
I think it would be a very good idea if You’d do that, Lord! It might keep our Holly out of so many predicaments! :slight_smile:

Great!! So you’ll be warm and safe in addition to solving the transport problem for your appointment!

May the Lord keep you in His arms!
I think it would be a very good idea if You’d do that, Lord! It might keep our Holly out of so many predicaments!

:amen: to that! :smiley: Now, to take my medicine. :thumbsup:

Thanks be to God for swift succor! :slight_smile:

Praying very hard for you, Holly!

I do exactly the same thing. Maybe you won’t get the money-but maybe someone can give you a ride. I’ll be praying for you as well-at times I let anxiety get the best of me too-that’s when I picture a traffic cop with a whistle in his mouth and his hand out-STOP! and then I say “Jesus I trust in You” over & over again…just like Baptista. Try saying a prayer to St. Anthony too-he’ll help you find what you need. :flowers: :hug1: Give your anxiety and panicky feeling to Jesus and keep doing it…as best you can. Picture giving it to Him in your mind…that works for me and sometimes I have to do it over & over again-it gets easier after awhile.

I guess I should have read all the threads first! :blush: My bad

Thank you for this advice. I am getting anxious right now and will do exactly what you said to do. :slight_smile:

No problem. :slight_smile:

Just when things seem the worst, the Lord puts what we need in our hands. It may not be what we want, but he knows what we need.

:amen:

praying for u Holly…:crossrc:

Triple Amen amen amen.

He gives us what we need, not what we want. We have to look for that out when it appears and take it rather than neglect it. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.