I don't know what to do anymore...

I'm so confused. I keep hearing these protestant claims about idolatry and it seems like whenever I do something Catholic, it seems demonic. It's made me soften up to the devil. I can't pray anymore. I can't think of anything divine, it's like... Idk. My mind has developed a block around all that is Holy and I keep submitting to the enemy. I can't pray the rosary, nor can I pray at all, because I keep putting the devil in everything. I need something? Pray to the devil. It's my standard thinking now. I keep giving in. Oh, dear.
What do I do? How do I defeat him? I've asked this question before, but I'm so desperate.

Call and make an appointment to see a Catholic Priest

catholic.com/quickquestions/how-do-we-respond-to-the-idolatry-charge

catholic.com/quickquestions/how-can-i-explain-that-praying-before-a-statue-of-mary-doesnt-constitute-idolatry

seach here for your questions: catholic.com/ (top search box)

Also, you could spend some time in an Adoration Chapel. That always helps me when I can’t pray clearly at home.

Use the Name of Jesus. That name is Holy, that Name will protect you from all evil. Say Jesus again and again… the evil one hates it.
If your problem is psychological be sure to visit a Christian psychologist.

Do as Bookcat advises.

Prayers to the Saints are holy and beneficial, but they are not required and if they are currently being a stumbling block to you then simply don’t do it. No one in the Church triumphant wishes to be a cause of your stumbling.
So, for now, if you have concerns about idolatry and praying to Mary and the Saints - then stop praying to Mary the Saints. Stop praying the rosary too if this is being problematic.
For now - direct your prayers specifically and totally to God the Father and base/build them on the Our Father. This will close off one of Satan’s avenues of attack.

Take communion often and go to confession often as well. These two things are great fonts of grace and strength.

If you have other concerns, please ask away and we will try to help answer them. But most importantly, start up a relationship with a good and holy priest who can guide you personally, over time and in depth.

peace
James

This sounds like OCD. Please see a priest and Christian counsellor.

I agree that you need to see a priest.

Rest assured, idolatry is condemned by the Church. From the Catechism:

vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P7E.HTM

Idolatry

2112 The first commandment condemns polytheism. It requires man neither to believe in, nor to venerate, other divinities than the one true God. Scripture constantly recalls this rejection of "idols, (of) silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see." These empty idols make their worshippers empty: "Those who make them are like them; so are all who trust in them." God, however, is the "living God" who gives life and intervenes in history.

2113 Idolatry not only refers to false pagan worship. It remains a constant temptation to faith. Idolatry consists in divinizing what is not God. Man commits idolatry whenever he honors and reveres a creature in place of God, whether this be gods or demons (for example, satanism), power, pleasure, race, ancestors, the state, money, etc. Jesus says, "You cannot serve God and mammon." Many martyrs died for not adoring "the Beast" refusing even to simulate such worship. Idolatry rejects the unique Lordship of God; it is therefore incompatible with communion with God.

2114 Human life finds its unity in the adoration of the one God. the commandment to worship the Lord alone integrates man and saves him from an endless disintegration. Idolatry is a perversion of man's innate religious sense. An idolater is someone who "transfers his indestructible notion of God to anything other than God."

I questioned some thing like you did at one time and I could not find any solid human advice - so I prayed and asked God to reveal the truth to me - and over a period of time God did exactly that - and my faith is stronger than ever.Lots of prayer is required as it is talking to God - when you can pray - do it - but ask God first to reveal the truth to you - and praying try the chaplet of mercy consecrating on our Lords passion.The agony in the garden - all the sins of the world revealed to Christ and the horror he endured by taking them on and it is said that Satan was there to say " and would you die for these sins " then showing him the most horrible sins of man.The scourging - for all the sins of the flesh .The humiliation and crown of thorns for all the sins of pride.The carrying of the cross - all the crushing sins of man an his beaten and bruised body. The nailing to the cross and his death - the sins of the hands and feet and the great love and mercy he showed by his death - all through his passion he showed nothing but mercy and love.Thats just a beginning more is revealed as you focus and concentrate while praying.
The rosary also offers the same thing if prayed in the correct way.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wiles and wickedness of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and
all the evil spirits that prowl this world seeking the ruin of souls.

In Christ Jesus name we pray.

Amen

Praise and Glory to you Lord Jesus Christ.

http://www.discerninghearts.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/michael_archangel.gif

perhaps reading this will help - gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=15375783
i don’t know if that is what you are referring to, but i had a feeling, since you mentioned “protestant claims”

if that’s not what you meant, then perhaps list the “claims” you are speaking of, i’m sure whatever you have been told you will find many of the people here will have very good explanations for you to put your mind at ease, and clear up all of this confusion for you.

The following can have an demonic effect on a person. If you have any things relating to these be sure to burn them because they can also open a window to evil.

CCC
2116 All forms of divination are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to “unveil” the future. Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.

2138 Superstition is a departure from the worship that we give to the true God. It is manifested in idolatry, as well as in various forms of divination and magic.

2117 All practices of magic or sorcery, by which one attempts to tame occult powers, so as to place them at one’s service and have a supernatural power over others - even if this were for the sake of restoring their health - are gravely contrary to the virtue of religion. These practices are even more to be condemned when accompanied by the intention of harming someone, or when they have recourse to the intervention of demons. Wearing charms is also reprehensible. Spiritism often implies divination or magical practices; the Church for her part warns the faithful against it. Recourse to so-called traditional cures does not justify either the invocation of evil powers or the exploitation of another’s credulity.

Here is some important info about the Miraculous Medal which will help you, and it is one of Mother Teresa's favorites.

"Have a medal struck... All who wear it will receive GREAT graces; they should wear it around the neck. GRACES will ABOUND for persons who wear it with CONFIDENCE."
From the mother of Jesus spoken to sister Catherine Laboure 1830.
Later Mary said, “... it must be given to the whole world and to every person.”

"Great graces are often attached to what seems trifling." St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"The devotions we practice in honor of the glorious Virgin Mary, however trifling they be, are very pleasing to her divine Son, ...." St. Teresa of Jesus

During this apparition, Mary's hands had 3 rings on each finger. Each ring gave off
rays of colored light. A few rings did not. Mary said that the lights radiating from
the rings are graces that people ASK for. The rings that didn't radiate she said
were graces not given because they were NOT asked for.

Have it blessed. The devil hates blessed objects. Keep it on all all times.
Wear her medal in her honor because the devil can't stand her either.

Then say, "Mary I am asking now for great graces which
you promised to those who ask and believe in what you said."
Trust her, it works. She is the mother of God. Would she lie?
Your mother wants to help you. It is her wish for you. She promised and she will diliver.

"Great graces are often attached to what seems trifling." St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

[legionofmary.org/MiracMedal.html](http://www.legionofmary.org/MiracMedal.html)

=============================================
"Yes, blessed is she who BELIEVED that the PROMISE made her by the Lord would be FULFILLED."
(Lk. 1;45) St. Elizabeth extolling Mary for her complete trust in God's promise.

Here is a priest who teaches how any christian can rid the influence of the devil.
youtube.com/watch?v=3PDhwEGNbb4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.