I don't know what to do...

I need some advice... it has been 10 weeks now since I last went to Mass and even longer since I last went to confession due to various reasons. My soul is dying of longing for God but it is so steeped in mortal sin that I feel exiled from God. I try to pray but without the Eucharist and confession I have no strength. Satan tempts me in a thousand ways. He tempts me to be anorexic again, to wear clothes with bad intentions, and most of all, to stop believing in the faith. On top of all this, I have no idea what my vocation is anymore. I'm really lost and in need of guidance! What can I do to keep the fire from burning out?

Simple. Turn back to the sacraments. You say you feel dead without them, return to them. It may be difficult ( I personally went through a similar time), but after you go to confession and get the grace of the sacraments you have been missing you will feel so much more alive. In addition, you can find a good priest for spiritual advice regarding your temptations and vocation.
Praying for you,
Kayteedid

Please go to Confession. You might want to scheduale an appointment with your priest as you have not made a confession for a long time. God can and will forgive any sin. I used to worship Satan and God forgave me for that. After going to Confession, do your penance as soon as possible and pray very hard to God that He will help you remain in Grace. I will pray for you as well.

The reason you feel dead without the sacraments is because right now you are out of Grace, so your soul is dead; it can only be revived by the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

Since you are doubting, or tempted to doubt, you might want to read about the miracles of Fatima and Guadaloupe.

Find an adoration chapel and go there .
Look at Jesus and imagine yourself sitting at His feet with your head leaning against His knees, His hand is on your head, just softly resting there and you listen to the sound of His voice. You know that He can and will heal all the wounds of your heart, you trust Him completely.
Repeat as often as possible!
Then go to confession and begin anew. Repeat as often as necessary!

It's Lent - the Devil hates it and goes to great pains to discourage us. You'll notice that any Catholic forums you participate in will get snarkier and snarkier during Lent and Advent. It happens every year.

Just force yourself to go! Look in masstimes.org for all the parishes and Masses near you. There's usually a late one Sunday evening somewhere, even if it's Lifeteen (shudder). If you have to skip Communion, it's okay; just being at Mass will turn the tide a little and give you the strength to go to Confession again.

If I could have gone by now, I definitely would have but the chances of my parents being able to drive me to church are pretty slim. I've asked my mom about it and she says she'll talk to my dad about it but there's not much more I can do, getting to the sacraments-wise. Also, I don't have any Catholic neighbors that could give me a lift. Are there any prayers or chaplets etc. that might help to get me through the time in between when i receive the sacraments next?

Ask God to help you find a way to get to confession. Trust that He'll help. Maybe try talking to a kind neighbor. I'm sure someone would be willing to give you a ride sometime, even if they aren't Catholic.

[quote="MonjaFutura, post:1, topic:275128"]
I need some advice... it has been 10 weeks now since I last went to Mass and even longer since I last went to confession due to various reasons. My soul is dying of longing for God but it is so steeped in mortal sin that I feel exiled from God. I try to pray but without the Eucharist and confession I have no strength. Satan tempts me in a thousand ways. He tempts me to be anorexic again, to wear clothes with bad intentions, and most of all, to stop believing in the faith. On top of all this, I have no idea what my vocation is anymore. I'm really lost and in need of guidance! What can I do to keep the fire from burning out?

[/quote]

When someone can not get to confession, then an act of perfect sorrow for sin will do until that person can get to confession. So I would recommend that first. Just look at the crucifix and at Jesus' suffering being offered for your sins and and an act of perfect sorrow should be easy to make.
Then tell Jesus in your own words just what you've told us here, that you want to go but have no way to get there to receive his sacrament of Mercy.

Since you are dependent on others to get you to church and the situation is out of your control, then do the next best thing to receive the graces which Jesus wants you to have. And that is thru daily prayer, and being always faithful to them no matter what happens or how busy your schedual is, or anything else that may come up. This is very important that you be iron minded when it comes to your daily prayers.
Give up anything else but not them. Graces do not come without prayers, "ask and you shall receive."
And the reverse of this is also true, "do not ask and you shouldn't expect to receive" Grace makes it possible for us to be true to our faith in times of trial, it is the strength that comes from God supporting us, and without that we cannot and will not succeed. This is very important and one of the foundations of all the saints. Give me any excuse you want not to pray and I will not accept it. It is just that important. There is just no way to bypass prayer. And just as an example, how many times in your brief life have you succeeded without God backing you up with his light or power, and just using your own desire? You have to have that, and prayer brings this about. There is nothing in your life that is more important than prayers.

It is rare that a person would fall away when they have a strong prayer life. It is unusual for a person to fall into a serious bad habitual sin when they have a stong prayer life. It is uncommon for a person to ignore the light of Christ in their mind when they have a srong prayer life. And even an atheist, if he were to take on a strong prayer life, would overcome atheism.

I would also recommend that you keep a religious scapular or medal on you at all times.

Here is some important info about the Miraculous Medal, one of Mother Teresa's
favorites.

"Have a medal struck... All who wear it will receive GREAT graces; they should wear it
around the neck. GRACES will ABOUND for persons who wear it with CONFIDENCE."
From the mother of Jesus spoken to sister Catherine Laboure 1830.
Later Mary said, “... it must be given to the whole world and to every person.”

"Great graces are often attached to what seems trifling." St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"The devotions we practice in honor of the glorious Virgin Mary, however trifling they be,
are very pleasing to her divine Son, ...." St. Teresa of Jesus

During this apparition, Mary's hands had 3 rings on each finger. Each ring gave off
rays of colored light. A few rings did not. Mary said that the lights radiating from
the rings are graces that people ASK for. The rings that didn't radiate she said
were graces not given because they were NOT asked for.

Have it blessed. The devil hates blessed objects. Keep it on all all times.
Wear her medal in her honor because the devil can't stand her either.

Then say, "Mary I am asking now for great graces which
you promised to those who ask and believe in what you said."
Trust her, it works. She is the mother of God. Would she lie?
Your mother wants to help you. It is her wish for you. She promised and she will diliver.

"Great graces are often attached to what seems trifling." St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

[legionofmary.org/MiracMedal.html](http://www.legionofmary.org/MiracMedal.html)

=============================================
"Yes, blessed is she who BELIEVED that the PROMISE made her by the Lord would be FULFILLED."
(Lk. 1;45) St. Elizabeth extolling Mary for her complete trust in God's promise.

[quote="Hoernchen, post:4, topic:275128"]
Find an adoration chapel and go there .
Look at Jesus and imagine yourself sitting at His feet with your head leaning against His knees, His hand is on your head, just softly resting there and you listen to the sound of His voice. You know that He can and will heal all the wounds of your heart, you trust Him completely.
Repeat as often as possible!
Then go to confession and begin anew. Repeat as often as necessary!

[/quote]

This person said it all. Spending time in front of the Blessed Sacrament is the best thing you can do. Go this week, do not hesitate.

[quote="MonjaFutura, post:1, topic:275128"]

[/quote]

My companion, trust Jesus. Ask Him to hold you in His Sacred Heart. I'll be praying for you, my friend.

The big thing that the demon likes is to keep us far from God.

So the most important thing you have to do it’s to go to the reconciliation sacrament, after that you have to receive the Holy Eucharist. Don’t say that you are not Worthy, effectively you are not Worthy, But you need it.

Leave Jesus Christ by the Eucharist make all changes in your life and believe in him.

I was in the same situation like you, during 3 years and i didn’t want to received the Eucharist because i thought that i was to worthy for that, but it was the idea of the demon.

So don’t stay so far from Jesus, you need him, you need his love, his attention…

I will pray for you, but it’s really important for you these two things : Reconciliation and Eucharist Sacraments.

God Bless You.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.