I don't remember a time

I don’t remember a time that I have ever felt this hated, awkward and alone. I’m trying not to turn it into resentment of others, but it is difficult. Thanks, Tim

I offer this for you.

COME, HOLY SPIRIT
Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love,. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created and you will renew the face of the earth.

Lord, by the light of the Holy Spirit you have taught the hearts of your faithful. In the same Spirit help us to relish what is right and always rejoice in your consolation. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen

Why don’t you tell us why you feel this way? Maybe we can help.

I hear you Tim, I think we’ve all been there at one time or another. I Try to stop playing those negative tapes in my head and say a prayer every time I think of those who I am having a problem with. I also look for things to be grateful for. Doing something, anything like cleaning or working, walking, working out helping another person also helps me to get out of my head. Because the more I think about something the bigger & worse it gets. Sometimes I think about the passion & crucifixion of Christ.

I know where you’re coming from, trust me. :sad_yes:

Just wanted to share the Bookmark of St. Teresa of Avila:

*“Let nothing disturb you; Let nothing frighten you.
All things are passing. God never changes.
Patience obtains all things. Nothing is wanting to him who possesses God.
God alone suffices.”

*Dear Tim,
My prayers are with you! Sometimes all you can do is pray and tell Jesus how you are feeling!
Try to find good in everyone. I know some days this is very hard. Just today I found myself doing all the work that was suppose to be a shared job.
The other person did not seem upset at all that I was doing all the work.
I gave it up to “carrying my cross” and then I smiled sincerely and thanked God for my day! :o
God Bless you,
Angel Face

This morning while my wife was making coffee, she reminded me that I was “an ugly, fat, bald, ******”. That is just a little taste of the constant verbal abuse I put up with in my own home… Tonight she tells me she is getting a lawyer. This is hell on earth.

That is awful! I feel so much for you, Tim, and I will be praying for you! You don’t deserve to be treated this way.:frowning:

Top, please sit down and have a chat with your parish priest about the situation. Try and get both of you in for some counseling. Do what you can to change things. Keep praying and surround yourself with family and friend during such a difficult time. Prayers for you…

I really do know what a difficult time this is for you. I was married 13 years, and the last 7 years consisted of almost constant verbal abuse, financial issues with my then wife, and her cheating on me with at least 2 (which she freely admitted) men.

I would second the suggestion of getting some counseling and spiritual direction from a priest. Don’t do what I did and try to go at it alone. Please talk to your priest. :gopray2:

*Dear TOP,
My prayers are with you! This is so hard! I, too, was in an abusive relationship where my husband not only verbally abused me, but physically as well.
I was very lucky to have a wonderful Parish Priest to help me out. I agree with those that suggest you seek out a Priest!
With many prayers,
Angel Face

I am sorry TOP. But you must get thru this. Remember, hell cannot overcome you because Christ died for you. I am sorry if this is all the advice i can offer you, i am only twenty-three but a priest might help. Also a good lawyer. I will remember you tonight. :frowning:

I’m so sorry, Tim.

My prayers as always.

Dave.

For years I have been coming on the forums. At first I was on fire with the Spirit of the Lord and grew cocky. I wonder at some of the post’s and joke , mostly in bad taste, but I don’t mean to offend. I’ve learned alot about the faith and marvel at the mysteries. I learned the narrow path is full of thorns. I guess they don’t come as expected. I think in a debate, I called Sir Knight a bad name and have regretted it since. The other day I received an infraction deserved. I’ve experienced much pain in my life, but nothing unjust. The Lord has done the best He could, I’ve experienced marvelous things. Last weekend at Mass the reading was about the man who wanted to follow the Lord and followed the commandments, but when the Lord asked him to sell all he has and give to the poor, he walked away. I was convicted on the spot. Thats all I have to say now. thanks, Tim

Please, Tim, remember we are all praying for you. Don’t give up on yourself! You are worth so much to all us. You are valuable to the Lord. Don’t give up.

Don’t worry Peggy. I don’t think I will give up. Just sipping whiskey and recollecting. The Lord just won’t let go off me. It’s a wonderful and somewhat frightening thing to be under the gaze of our Lord. So many things we don’t understand. It would be nice to learn from Him about creation. St. Faustina says that those in heaven will marvel at the mystery of the Trinty for a million years, yet only scratch the surface. My wife is a good woman and I have put her through alot. We have been together since High School, 21 years now. If we part, I was blessed to be loved once. It’s just sad.

I have been where you are now, Tim. Get plenty of rest. Talk to your priest. Talk to your friends. Don’t be too hard on yourself. And, I repeat, don’t give up on yourself. I don’t mean just in giving up on your life, but giving up on life in general. Twenty one years is a long time. I congratulate you as I never made it that far…I know how sad it is for you. Just don’t give up.

Thanks. i can feel your prayers or it is the no.7 warming my tummy. Good night.

Goodnight, Tim. Could be the prayers, could be the no.7 (hopefully, not your 7th shot), could be both. Take advantage of the warmth and get some rest. Rest is what you really need right now. Keep in touch with us. May God bless your sleep.

*Dear Tim,
It is quite important that you do not give up on yourself or with your Faith. You pray and pray … as all of us will pray for you,too!
God Bless you,
Angle Face

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.