I don't think I can bear it

I am so sorry for your loss, filios. You, your mom and your entire family are in my prayers.

I am very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and everyone in your family in my prayers.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

I'm so sorry :hug1::hug1:

I'm so sad for you :(, may the Virgin Mary hold you under her mantle, and give you comfort and peace in this difficult time. May she rest in peace, I will say a prayer for you both.

In a way, I was where you are. In college w/a mom diagnosed with awful and quickly progressing breast cancer. I know your fear and anger and sadness and pain. There are some things my mom and I did to help us. We prayed together often. And I made the very difficult decision that since I knew it weighed so heavily on my mom - to help her with the decisions regarding what to do when she passed away. It is very odd to say that in being the person my mom could talk to about her own death and what her concerns were for how things would be taken care of afterward, I helped ease some of her anxiety and it gave me a way to feel I was doing something for her. And we cried alot.

But this I know too. You will always feel your mother's love. It will be very different from what you are used to and you will be very tender but you will find strength to live your life and find ways to make your mother proud and happy, even when she has passed into her eternal life. Focus on this. Let your mom know how proud you will make her. Let your mom know your future will be, in a way, a testament to her. It will give her peace and lighten some of both of your grief.

I offer up my prayers for you and for your mother. I ask for her strength in her faith to trust in God and to be able to show her love always. I pray for your strength to offer your sorrows at the foot of the cross.

In Jesus' name, amen.

filios, I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes, your mom will be in my prayers.

I buried my mom today. It still doesn’t seem real. All my siblings have someone special in their lives. My one brother is married, my other brother is dating as is my sister. I have no one. My mom was the one person I was really close with. For my whole life, it was usually just me and her, all day everyday when my dad and siblings were at work. I’m not saying that I want to start dating because I want a “substitute” for her, but I just want someone who really cares about me and who is close to me. Losing my mom has always been one of my worst nightmares and not only has it become a reality, but it happened prematurely. She was 56 and I’m 17.

filious, consider asking our Holy Mother Mary to support you tonight. I’ll ask the same in prayer. Samson

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. It is hard to lose someone we love very much.

Please be aware that the Lord has not abandoned you, even though you may feel that way. He loves you and is there for you. And, you can ask your mom to pray for you, as well as your Blessed Mother.

So, so sorry to hear about your moms passing. I will pray for the both of you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.