I f I have been harsh please forgive me.....Im not Catholic

I lost my father and my Job in the last 2 weeks and I know the Lord is calling me to full time Ministry .Im not Catholic but I Love the Lord my God with all my heart. I just dont understand why trying to get were God wants me to be has to be this tuff? I am searching for answers otherwise I wouldnt be here. I do believe Christ died for my sins and rose again on the 3rd day. I m just so stressed it hurts. Im numb. Just please pray for me and my troubles. I ll take any pray or comment you got. My words in other comments were not meant to put down Catholic faith at all. If it seemed harsh I am sorry and please forgive me. Your brother in Christ Chad

Chad, I’m sorry to read about what you have been going through. This is all a part of a larger plan that He has for you. I can see that you genuinely seek Truth. I’ll pray for you.

[quote=seetiger33]I lost my father and my Job in the last 2 weeks and I know the Lord is calling me to full time Ministry .Im not Catholic but I Love the Lord my God with all my heart. I just dont understand why trying to get were God wants me to be has to be this tuff? I am searching for answers otherwise I wouldnt be here. I do believe Christ died for my sins and rose again on the 3rd day. I m just so stressed it hurts. Im numb. Just please pray for me and my troubles. I ll take any pray or comment you got. My words in other comments were not meant to put down Catholic faith at all. If it seemed harsh I am sorry and please forgive me. Your brother in Christ Chad
[/quote]

am sorry for your situation, but remember :

Hold your cross and follow Him… :thumbsup:
Hold your cross and trust Him… :thumbsup:
You fear and He is with you?.. :thumbsup:
Put your burden under His feet… :thumbsup:
You will get answers in the appropriate time…leave wordly troubles and follow Him, the King of Peace, the Lord of All… :thumbsup:

I’ll keep you in my prayers…God bless you in your ministry…

[quote=seetiger33]I lost my father and my Job in the last 2 weeks and I know the Lord is calling me to full time Ministry .Im not Catholic but I Love the Lord my God with all my heart. I just dont understand why trying to get were God wants me to be has to be this tuff? I am searching for answers otherwise I wouldnt be here. I do believe Christ died for my sins and rose again on the 3rd day. I m just so stressed it hurts. Im numb. Just please pray for me and my troubles. I ll take any pray or comment you got. My words in other comments were not meant to put down Catholic faith at all. If it seemed harsh I am sorry and please forgive me. Your brother in Christ Chad
[/quote]

My deepest condolences on the loss of your father! May he rest in the peace of Christ.

And losing your job on top of this is truly hard. Know that the Lord has you in the palm of his hand in everything.

There are many ministries in the Catholic Church for you to explore–several lay ministries, as well as ordained or religious. Have you considered that you are drawn to this site because God might be calling you to one of them? It’s possible.

In all of this, I will keep you in prayer (in fact, I just finished Evening Prayer and remembered you there). God bless and keep you, dear brother in Christ.

:gopray:

[quote=Eden]Chad, I’m sorry to read about what you have been going through. This is all a part of a larger plan that He has for you. I can see that you genuinely seek Truth. I’ll pray for you.
[/quote]

Ditto!

My deepest sympathies regarding your dear father. I will remember you in my prayers.

CM

Thank you for joining us here, and you have our prayers. These forums aren’t always a hotbed of debate. You can find great support and condolences here too.

May God bless you during these trying times.

Rachel

Before I came back to the CC, I too was going through a lot. I lost a friend, I became homeless, I lost everything basically. I was looking for something to help me deal with all that was going on. I found this ewtn.com/Devotionals/Stations/stat1.htm
Though you are not Catholic, it is beautifully written and it helped me understand a few things.

Sometimes we fall and fall hard. I know I have fallen hard before. I too argue about things and say things I know I shouldn’t. The only thing we can do is get back up, tell God we trust Him to help and keep pressing on. Just keep going and keep going. I feel for you brother, God bless.

When I ask myself why it is so tough, I remember this:

“He never said it would be easy. He only said it would be worth it.”

It doesn’t fix anything - but it encourages me to think about the “worth it” part more than the “not easy” part.

1 Cor 13 really helps me when “the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune” are hitting me hard; especially 13:12.

You’re in my prayers.

Ruthie use this one too for some comfort:

Matthew 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

It keeps me going.

I believe that God has something special in mind for you and He will use you in so many ways…I know it is so hard, when you’re going through everything you are going through right now; offer it up ….I just know God has a plan and he will see what a wonderful Godly person you are. Perhaps you were led here by the Holy Spirit, seeking out what you know in your heart to be true and looking for reassurance – now you have found it! If you can’t turn to your faith, and those in it for help, who can you turn to?!? To quote St. Catherine of Sienna…” Make two homes for thyself, my daughter. One actual home and the other a spiritual home which thou are to carry with thee always.”

Sometimes it takes great tragedy to look toward God. I came back to the Church after hitting rock bottom.

When we need God most, He will always be there for us. May God bless you and carry you through during this rough time.

[quote=wcknight]Sometimes it takes great tragedy to look toward God. I came back to the Church after hitting rock bottom.

[/quote]

Like so many have stated here, sometimes we finally open ourselves to the Holy Spirit when we are at our lowest. At this point, God can finally mold and use us as He needs to.

Remember that you are special to Him and He has hand picked you for something wonderful.

May God grant you peace and may your dad rest with God.

This may sound strange, but I have found in my own life, that it was after having gone through some of the most traumatic experiences, deeply painful experiences, that I felt a deeper love for Christ than I ever had imagined. There is something to the Church’s teachings about sharing in suffering. It is in suffering that we have a much more profound understanding of the Love of God. It is a mystery, but know that something beautiful will come from all of this, especially for those who love God and are called according to his purpose. That’s His Word. Stand firm on it.

God bless you and comfort you in this time of sorrow.
Jeanette

Consider the Catholic teaching on suffering. My wife and I have had tragedy and there is something very spiritual about the trials of life when you give them over to Jesus and ask for help.

Every time the negatives creep up on you give them to God and trust His plan for you. I have to do all the time everyday. It is not the easiest task to let go and be His servant. But you can do it.

“Here am I Lord.”

Thanks

Eric

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.