I Feel Horrible

Hi everyone,

I haven’t been on here recently, my computer has been on and off broken for some time now. I think it has a mind of its own sometimes.:shrug:

I recently found out I was pregnant, well about a month and a half ago I guess.
My husband is about as happy as can be, but I feel horrible and not just physically. I expected that. But I didn’t expect to feel like I don’t have control over anything anymore.
I can’t get enought sleep, can’t seem to concentrate on my work ect.

To top that my husband’s mother is in the hospital with a heart condition. I guess she’s had a heart condition for a long time and this was never mentioned to me. We havent heard anything since last night. Please keep her and our family in your prayers.

Thankyou,
Jess

:hug3: Congratulations on your pregnancy! I’m sorry you’re having a rough time of it. Unfortunately, the tiredness and distraction are common symptoms of early pregnancy. I’m finally feeling a bit better (I’m 14 weeks now), but I know what you mean about not feeling in control – it was like my emotions were everywhere and I never knew how I’d react to anything! You will feel better in a few weeks. In the meantime, sleep as much as you can, try to eat well (get as much protein as you can keep down), and make sure you are drinking enough water. And go easy on yourself. Even though the baby is tiny right now, your body is working very, very hard to prepare for the massive growth he/she will go through soon, so you are feeling the effects of that.

I’ll keep you and your family, especially your mother in law, in prayer.

Congratulations!!!

The first trimester is the hardest, especially with the first baby IMHO. You can never tell what effect those rambling hormones are going to have on you physically, emotionally and mentally. I remember feeling like I was losing IQ points by the hour; I couldn’t remember a thing and focussing on anything complex was a joke. And I worked in a bank at the time!

Listen to your body and get lots of rest, liquids (dehydration will make all your symptoms worse) and maybe try some simple relaxation/stress relief techniques. If you ever see one of those videos on baby development in the first few months, you’ll understand how much work you are doing right now. It should be exhausting to make new little people. :slight_smile:

Let your husband “do for” you as much as possible too.

None of the above is medical advice but I hope it goes without saying to check in regularly with your OB or midwife. While everything you are feeling is normal, you also don’t want to let something like a vitamin deficiency go unchecked. Take whatever pre-natal vitamins they tell you to.

P.S. Praying for your MIL.

P.S.S. Congratulations again!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.