I feel like the world hates men

I am (as most of you know) a university student. Today, it is apparently “I hate men day”. Everything on the campus seems to be about sexual abuse. Fine, but putting numbers like “25% of college are victims of sexual assault” seems to really make me feel horrid. Now, the reason for that, is not because we don’t need to be warned about that, but because I know the study and I was talking to a math dude about it and he thinks the numbers are flawed too. Whatever, that is not what is making me angry either. Men get raped too. I am so sick of this “they have to want it”. NO! THAT’S NOT HOW THAT WORKS! And to be honest with you, I have been there. I feel like this is making me not like women and not want to continue my education here. I feel like everything ends up being about how repressive the patriarchy is and how all men will rape you if you’re a woman. Please pray for me. I feel like I am being pushed to the edge.

ICXC NIKA, amigo.

While I feel your pain, I was in school almost a generation ago :(:(:frowning: and there is nothing new about what you have run into. Then (late 1900s) if anything, it was more strident: “All men are rapists!” was the female cry.

By all means, stay in school!

ICXC NIKA again.

The world does not hate men. You may want to put things in perspective. The college campus you are in may have a hostile environment against men but the overall world in general? Likely not.

Of course with the current politically correct environment it may seem like an impossibility, but keep your cool and let the hysteria wash over you.

As a college student, I get you man.

But look at it this way: they have valid concerns, and yes, more men tend to be abusers than women. However, they way in which they are doing it seems to go too far.

You shouldn’t be ashamed of being a man, nor attacked for it. Just continue to act in a morally upright manner.

Don’t let this push become your push-back. Just be steady and true. The girls who aren’t shouting will see the difference.

I have two very nice daughters, both are single, one is 22 the other 28, believe me they do not hate men or think they are all rapists. They are nice girls, and so are their friends. Universities are bad places for young minds. I am glad my daughters did not attend university. The feminists are the ones responsible for this. They hate men. Please don’t think all women are like them.

I remember a priest saying something about how difficult it was in today’s American culture to be a white male, that they get blamed for everything, and he thought it was unfair. He said he thought society needed to take a look at that.

It goes way beyond a college campus. I’m tired of seeing TV commercials that make men look like stupid, beer-obsessed, lazy, sports-addicted, uncomprehending louts. Of course, some men ARE stupid, beer-obsessed, lazy, sports-addicted, uncomprehending louts - but I really don’t want to see my gender pictured that way as a framework to sell me something. And I’d like to think that most men aren’t. But you couldn’t tell that by today’s television.

Oh hey. I don’t mind that trash getting peddled at all. In fact I sort of get a kick out of it.

Because it just makes me look way the hell better by comparison. :wink:

Peace Tarpeian.

-Trident

“Sexual abuse” doesn’t mean “rape”. There’s a whole set of behaviors that count as sexual abuse.

I mean, I only have my own University experience to cite, but we were required to attend a seminar on sexual abuse and prevention to graduate. They mentioned the stats for against-male-sexual-abuse. It pales in comparison.

Either way I don’t think bringing awareness to a problem a great deal of women, especially in a population that is demonstratively vulnerable to it, constitutes hatred of men.

A grandma’s advice:

I was fortunate in my life to be surrounded by good men and I married a good man fifty-one years ago. So I am very much aware that good men exist.

Human nature doesn’t change between men and women. Women are as capable of abuse as men but what they inflict is more emotional and mental than physical. I have seen abuse by both men and women. The tactics are different but often just a lethal.

In the 1950’s and 1960’s mothers were being blamed for everything. What you are experiencing is real enough but it is still just a fad.

There is an old saying, “If the shoe doesn’t fit, don’t wear it.”

If you are good man, let the garbage just pass you by. It isn’t you. Continue to be a good person.

P.S. It is just a difficult for a good man to find a good woman as it is for a good woman to find a good man. Just the same be an honorable person.

I too come from your generation; & have seen it all. Very well stated.

Really? Really , dude, really?
Do you think people being aware of sexual assault (which DOES NOT equal only rape) is bad? Women are usually the one targeted. Deal with reality. Right when I’m typing this some women are probably raped in a remote area that nobody has access to. Or even in their own homes and they don’t report it. Fun times.

The world doesn’t revolve only around men! Yes, I agree, there are some crazy feminazis out there , but the WORLD doesn’t hate men. In fact, I think the world still prefers male existence over female one.

I’ve seen that modern men like to step in every situation that doesn’t focus on them.
“Oh my! Women are angry that other women are raped? Unacceptable ! Men get raped too! Focus on us!”
Even if the cases of actual grown men being raped are rare in comparison to adult females getting raped…

With this I don’t mean to say that it isn’t awful for men to be raped, but that just doesn’t happen too often and it isn’t by any means as brutal as it is for women. Quick reality check: men are usually stronger (much more even) than women , therefore easier to dominate and rape…therefore it happens much more? Logic, just logic.
Oh, and what I mean by brutal is that women can end up dead after being raped or really badly beaten up. Also, we’re not talking about prison. Just “civilized” society.

One more thing: you seem to forget that the world isn’t just America. I dare you to say that women aren’t abused and raped like hell in Middle Eastern countries. Does “the world” hate men? Choose your words carefully next time you try to accuse “the world” of such things.

I’m ready for your fury. :rolleyes:

There many good men out there also. Most men I know want to protect women and they sincerely care about women and their feelings. Sometimes we need to listen to men and care about their feelings also. This person is reaching out to us for prayers, your reply is not very Christian.

It has been my experience that men are as easily hurt as women. Perhaps that knowledge comes from being a mother of two sons and a grandmother of four grandsons. It doesn’t hurt a woman to be gentle with men.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen. †

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen. †

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle,
be our defense against the wickedness and snares
of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the
power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other
evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen. †

St. Thérèse of Liseux Prayer From “Story of A Soul”

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received,
and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones,
and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

Amen. †

Lord, thank you that you are with me right now.
Your love surpasses all fear.
I give you the anxiety I feel.
I surrender all my worries to you.
Clear my mind;
Calm my heart;
Still my Spirit;
Relax my being, that, I may
always glorify you in everything
I write, speak and do.

Amen. †

Jesus, Help Me

In every need let me come to Thee with humble trust, saying,
Jesus, help me!

In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations,
Jesus, help me!

In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials,
Jesus, help me!

In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles and sorrows,
Jesus, help me!

When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good come from my efforts,
Jesus, help me!

When others fail me, and Thy grace alone can assist me,
Jesus, help me!

When I throw myself on Thy tender love as Father and Savior,
Jesus, help me!

When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me,
Jesus, help me!

When sickness and loneliness overcome me,
Jesus, help me!

Always, in weakness, falls and shortcomings of every kind,
Jesus, help me and never forsake me.

Thank You, dear Lord Jesus.

Amen. †

Sweet Heart of Jesus, be my love.
Sweet Heart of my Jesus, grant that I may always love You more.
Heart of Jesus, burning with love for us, set our hearts on fire with love of You.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make our hearts like Your Heart.

Amen. †

Prayers said. All will be well. Do not fear, the Lord is protecting you.
Do not be lonely, your guardian angel is beside you.
Be comforted, Mother will watch over you, and the
Holy Spirit will guide you.

Amen. †

Prayer Against Depression
………….By St Ignatius of Loyola

O Christ Jesus
When all is darkness
And we feel our weakness and helplessness,
Give us the sense of Your Presence,
Your Love and Your Strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
In Your protecting love
And strengthening power,
So that nothing may frighten or worry us,
For, living close to You,
We shall see Your Hand,
Your Purpose, Your Will through all things.

Amen.

Let Nothing Disturb You

Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.

Patience,
Obtains all things,
Whoever has God
Lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.

Santa Teresa de Jesús
(Santa Teresa de Ávila)

Thank You, dear Lord Jesus.

Amen.

:signofcross: :blessyou:

Take a deep breath, pray, and meditate on this prayer:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.

I love this prayer, especially for young men who need to know that there are people who understand the problems they are facing.

He wasn’t black then?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.