I Feel Really, Really Bad

Hello guys, well, I have a confession to make.

About a year ago, I cheated in one of my coursework.
Well, my dad told me to do it at home (we weren’t allowed to take it home), so he can “help me” with it. I went along with in as I wanted to, in a way, to please my dad, as he does get angry if you don’t do what he says. But I suppose I done it subconsciously, not knowing it. Then I done some if it at home. When I took into school, I had this really sacred feeling, I suppose, a part of me didn’t want to do it.

Now, I feel really, really bad and absolutely regret doing it with a passion. In hindsight, I would of not done it, but back then I was mentally weak. I feel really really bad and wanted to know what I should do. I can’t tell any of my teachers as I would probably get disqualified (probably) form all my subjects. I worked absolutely my heart off for all my tests and have learnt to not get taken in. I will try to not to cheat again. I was thinking of going to confession to repent my sins.

I just wanted to say it and wanted some word of advise. Thanks guys, and God Bless.

I think confession would be excellent for you. I assume you are young, and given that your father directed you to do this, I think some of your guilt could be mitigated here, although that’s for you and a priest to discern together. At any rate, I think confession is a good idea. We all sin, and Jesus forgives.

Hi, I suppose my dad did in a sense. I was weak minded and did as my dad told, even thou I saw this was not the right decision after wards, (right now and to an extent when I had that scared feeling). Thanks for your reply. God Bless :slight_smile:

Welcome to CAF! :wave:

I agree with Rachel. Confession would be great for you. Priests are trained to handle these sorts of things. :slight_smile: Just ask for the priest’s advice. That will help a great deal in putting this behind you and moving forward.

You have the right answers!!! :slight_smile:

Hi guys, but why is it always on my mind?

Because you know that what you did was wrong.

Confess it, don’t do it again, and pray to God that He will give you peace. Once you have confessed the sin and done what the priest tells you to do, your sin is forgiven. After that, you’re free, and you don’t need to worry about it anymore.

I will pray for you also. Don’t be too hard on yourself, but get to confession ASAP! :slight_smile:

Hey, thanks for the reply, I don’t think I can confess as I would be disqualified from all my GCSE’s, but I agree with the rest of the reply.

God Bless =)

I don’t mean that you need to confess it to your teachers. I mean that if it’s bothering you, you should confess it to a priest. He can help you decide what to do from there.

Oh I see, thanks for your help. I sometimes feel that my whole life would be one who fake thing in terms of educational terms and job prospects and that I don’t deserve it. Do you think that is right?

God Bless.

It’s not like you cheated habitually- you’ve done a lot of good work yourself, right? So it’s not like your credentials would be entirely “fake”.

Just confess it to a priest and ask him for advice. I don’t know what exactly you should do, but it’ll definitely be good to get it off your chest and talk about it. :slight_smile:

Hey, remembering now, ether was this one other time where I talked to my friend asking what he put for a few questions, when we were not allowed to talk, but during that time, my teacher hinted to me about a question and asked me to rethink. I don’t know if that constitutes to cheating (asking my friend what he put down). Does it make me a worse person? It was not premeditated and was a spare of the moment thing. I only wanted to do my best.

Sorry if this makes me sound like a really bad person. I work incredible hard.

God Bless

Those feelings of guilt and remorse - allow us to correct our journey in the future. We can never go back and undo what we did. We can ask for forgiveness - and God will grant that.

And - next time when an opportunity presents itself - you will be all the wise on what path to take - and more importantly - why.

None of us has been on this journey without taking a wrong path from time to time.

Hey, I see, so we can use these as experiences, and it doesn’t matter how many we’ve failed, we can still learn from them, right?

God Bless.

I really think you would benefit from going to the Sacrament of Confession. The priest will be able to guide you through this much better than any of us. Plus, you’ll get all sorts of sacramental graces. It’s a win-win. :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for the reply again, I think I would some time. In your opinion, do you think I deserve my GCSE grades and would my life be a fraud in I continue on? Do you think I should confess about this? Please be honest.
Thanks
God Bless =)

I don’t know why my opinion should matter. :shrug: I think a priest would be more helpful than I.

My rule of thumb is that,i f there is something you are struggling with the morality of, bring it to Confession. Maybe the priest will tell you there is nothing to worry about. Or maybe he’ll simply offer you absolution. Either way, it enables you to close the door on the incident and move forward in peace. You won’t regret going.

Thanks for your advice, it has really helped.

God Bless

(emphasis added)

actually, its not that important, with grade inflation being what it is. cheating speaks to character, of course, but you seem to be getting that under control.

I’m not going to tell you that cheating isn’t serious. But having cheated on one issue in one class doesn’t have that much impact on your total Grade Point Average - does it?

If you hadn’t done the infraction that you claim - what impact do you think it would have had on the final grade for that class - and for your overall GPA?

If you feel it is material - then try to spend some time relearning the material that you feel you missed. But you can’t spend the rest of your life worrying about an issue that is, in all likelihood, immaterial.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.