I feel self-indulgent asking for prayers, but

So, I *do *feel self-indulgent because there are so many folks, here and elsewhere, with truly dire life-and-death or otherwise completely overwhelming needs.

But I’m in need of some less-urgent prayer!

The stress of my work situation and corporate culture (and the difficulty of finding new employment at the moment), my ongoing struggle with clinical depression and anxiety, and some added financial worries (the car I need to get to the stressful job may need work I can’t afford) has really got me into a deep hole this evening.

I’m in the middle of a 54-day novena for the job situation, and will be off shortly to pray and go to bed, but any prayers you might offer would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

There’s nothing self-indulgent about asking for prayer for whatever you may need - we’re commanded to do so in the Our Father for one. And people are perfectly well able to pray for you AND for all the others who need it!

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Suffering is suffering, no matter what it is about. I’ve just lost my job after months of being harrassed by my boss. I couldn’t do anything right. I lost a relationship at the same time, and still feel completely undone by it all because it affects my whole sense of myself.

I pray for you, friend, and hope that God will be merciful towards you in this situation. No need to feel bad about feeling bad, everyone here knows that trouble at work is serious- it’s your livelihood. God bless you.

I know, I just have an overdeveloped sensitivty to sounding like I’m whining, I guess. :wink: Of course that doesn’t mean I don’t ever *do *it!

Oh dear. I know how it is when there’s a confluence of bad things happening. I will pray for you.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I ended up not able to sleep at all last night til around 2, then waking up in terror from a nightmare at 4.30, which segued into a panic attack, and I called in sick because I was exhausted and panicked. Now I feel nervous about not being there, although I’ve texted with some co-workers who will let me know if anything dramatic happens and I emailed my boss, who seems fine.

It’s true about trouble at work being a big one. If you work full time, you spend more of your waking hours there than anywhere else, and it does allow you to survive!

More prayers coming your way …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Thank you so much!

Peace,
F

Father please answer the intentions of francesca and heal her in mind body and spirit.
Lord in Your mercy hear our prayers Amen

Oh, man, I am a wreck today. Work just got an order of magnitude worse (and I keep thinking that isn’t possible), and I’ve been sitting here sobbing because I can’t quit, and I feel like such a failure for being in this position to begin with.

I very much appreciate your prayers, though. It definitely makes me feel less alone!

Francesca

Winston Churchill said, “We have nothing to fear but fear, itself”. Your panic feeds off of itself, because it is fear. Remember- you won’t die, you are not being harmed, you are experiencing a sensation that is uncomfortable, but is within the bounds of your tolerance. Summon your courage to handle your body- if you dont control it, and how you feel about it, then who will. Tell yourself you can live with this, and pray that God will show you how to accept and cope. The more you rage and fight against it, the more it controls your reactions.
I pray for you, and know you will find corage and peaCE.

Praying for you …take care…I know how hard this can be at times…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.