I fell...the devil's after me!

Dang it…

I committed two sins (I’m not sure if they’re venial or mortal) yesterday and what do ya know…I just finished my first Confession. Now since today is Satruday, will have to go today again! :frowning:

See, the devil’s real ticked off and he’ll do anything!!!

What’s going on??

[quote=Paris Blues]Dang it…

I committed two sins (I’m not sure if they’re venial or mortal) yesterday and what do ya know…I just finished my first Confession. Know since today is Satruday, will have to go today again! :frowning:

What’s going on??
[/quote]

If you want a quick checklist of mortal sins go to this website. I printed a copy and use that at the end of each day for my conscience examination.

www.catholic.org/frz/examen/mortal_main.htm

I committed two sins (I’m not sure if they’re venial or mortal) yesterday and what do ya know…I just finished my first Confession. Now since today is Satruday, will have to go today again! :frowning:

What’s going on??
[/quote]

Save 'em up! Then spill yer guts to the priest once a month!

Again, venial sins are absolved during mass. No need to visit the priest. Don’t sweat it!

Subrosa

Well, I do remember some sins that I forgot yesterday so might as well go (it’s also a good excuse to go see our Lord in the Adoration after! :stuck_out_tongue: )

Be concerned about sin but not overly concerned. We are all fallen. We are all on the journey to God. Every Saint has a past and every sinner has a future. Be grateful you now have a way to know that your sins have been forgiven.

[quote=thistle]If you want a quick checklist of mortal sins go to this website. I printed a copy and use that at the end of each day for my conscience examination.

[/quote]

thistle - thanks for the link

I don’t know about you guys but I might have to go every single week for the rest of my life!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

But that’s okay…at least I know I will be forgiven (that is as long as I don’t keep committing the same ones over and over and over and over and over and over…

[quote=thistle]If you want a quick checklist of mortal sins go to this website. I printed a copy and use that at the end of each day for my conscience examination.

[/quote]

Thanks! Maybe swearing when someone makes you mad is a mortal
sin? Hope not! Going to ask for forgiveness for that . :gopray2:

[quote=Paris Blues]I don’t know about you guys but I might have to go every single week for the rest of my life!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

But that’s okay…at least I know I will be forgiven (that is as long as I don’t keep committing the same ones over and over and over and over and over and over…
[/quote]

Actually going once a week is a good habit because although you may not be in a state of mortal sin it is a good habit and recommended to confess your venial sins.

What’s going on??
[/quote]

I noticed too, after my confession last Saturday that i fell quite badly within 24 hours. Maybe not mortal sin, but still I didnt like it.

Keep going back to confession as often as you like.

I RECOMMEND doing it weekly.

The devil is annoyed. You know it will only get worse from here. You have have have to trust in Our Lord.

Find a Saint. And look to them for help.

Also, pray the rosary daily.

In Christ.

Andre.

The devil is more than annoyed. He’s P.Oed!

But I know or Lord will give me the GRACE!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, don’t get discouraged if you keep committing the same venial sins over and over. Frequent confession will help you overcome all, so by all means, make it a weekly habit. My family does. And if you find you have some venial sins you just keep repeating, focus on one and pray every day for the grace to not commit said sin. Maybe try to do a prayer in the middle of the day and the end, too. By the end of the month, you’ll notice improvement, i guarantee, and once a bad habit is broken (i.e. cursing), you can work on other little habits. I am so proud of you. It has been wonderful to read your posts about your faith journey. Also, after i did my first confession (took 40 excruciating minutes in a hot confessional with a very patient priest) i remembered some i had forgotten (believe it or not) and had to do my second confession before confirmation face to face. Yikes. :eek:

Paris, are you scrupulous?

[quote=Pentecost2005]Paris, are you scrupulous?
[/quote]

Pentecost, do you have tact?

[quote=RyanL]Pentecost, do you have tact?
[/quote]

Why, do you have extra? Asking about scrupulosity seems like a reasonable question for someone who makes a big deal about “falling” the day after her first confession. Forgive me for not being as sophisticated as you.

If you don’t want to see my posts, put me on your Ignore List.

I’m not saying that you shouldn’t ask, or even that it’s not the right question; I’m simply saying that you don’t have to be a jerk about the way you ask.

Blessings,
RyanL

[quote=Paris Blues]I don’t know about you guys but I might have to go every single week for the rest of my life!!

[/quote]

Actually, Paris, you will be forgiven even if you do keep committing the same sins, over and over and over and over…Peter asked Christ, “How often shall I forgive? Seven times?” And Christ answered “Not seven times only, but seventy times seven times.” As long as you repent and don’t give up, there is forgiveness for the first time and forgiveness for the thousandth time. Our God is an awesome God!
:dancing: :bowdown2:
The advice others have given is good. Go to Confession weekly, and don’t sweat the small stuff. :slight_smile:

…Oh, and I deleted the smilies in your message, not to exceed the limit of four allowed in my own message.

There is nothing too scrupulous about going to Confession weekly if you KNOW you committed a mortal sin! How are you going to receive Communion at Mass otherwise?
A mortal sin will send you to Hell. All it takes is ONE to kill your soul. I’m surprised priests have time to do anything BUT hear confessions…

“It is well to be holy here and now, for we do not know if we will be here this evening” - St. Maximillian Kolbe.

PS, only 2?!!! you’re already a saint :wink:

mommyjo2

[/quote]

I checked that link out of curiosity (I am Protestant and trying to better understand Catholic conceptions of sin) and clicked over on venial sins. Why is playing Dungens and Dragons considered a sin? I also wasn’t aware Catholics found smoking sinful.

[quote=Vincent1560]I checked that link out of curiosity (I am Protestant and trying to better understand Catholic conceptions of sin) and clicked over on venial sins. Why is playing Dungens and Dragons considered a sin? I also wasn’t aware Catholics found smoking sinful.
[/quote]

I checked the same link and was a bit startled. I’m a Catholic, and a Dungeons and Dragons player. It’s not a sin. I think what happened here is that the composer of the list, personally, sees Dungeons and Dragons as a doubtful activity.
Note that he says at the head of the page, that he makes no distinction between sins and faults.
In any case, I have never heard of any pronouncement by the Church, to the effect that roleplaying games were wrong.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.