"I felt jealous."

I recently heard a TV host say this in regards to watching Whitney Houston's church funeral. In context, I believe he meant envious, not jealous.

My paraphrase of what he said: This person said when he watched this funeral, he saw the faith community, the hope of the people, the joy that they displayed, and felt "jealous" at what they possess, being people of faith.

Would anyone feel envious if they sat in the back of the Mass or service you attend?

They would if they knew what was good for them. Chant and polyphony at most Masses. It’s glorious.

I think that people could be moved by the scripture readings, the Eucharist, the statues, the stained glass windows, the traditional music, the priest’s homily, and the strength of the congregation responses. I don’t think anyone would have to be envious of Mass, though, because everyone can take part in what Catholics share in the Mass and in the Eucharist through the RCIA process. If someone wants what Catholics have, they can become Catholic and have it, too. Praise God for that:D

Personally, I feel bad for other denominations that don't have the Eucharist and the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist. Why would I trade some singing and catchy music for that?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.