I got yet another question please read


"Later, in No. 46 of the encyclical, the Pope reminds us of those rare cases, and under what conditions, non-Catholic Christians may be admitted to the sacraments of the Eucharist, reconciliation and anointing of the sick.

This administration is limited to “Christians who are not in full communion with the Catholic Church but who greatly desire to receive these sacraments, freely request them and manifest the faith which the Catholic Church professes with regard to these sacraments. Conversely, in specific cases and in particular circumstances, Catholics too can request these same sacraments from ministers of Churches in which these sacraments are valid.”

For these reasons the Church recognizes that “in certain circumstances, by way of exception, and under certain conditions, access to these sacraments may be permitted, or even commended, for Christians of other Churches and ecclesial Communities” (No. 130).

Apart from the case of danger of death, the episcopal conference and the local bishop may specify other grave circumstances in which a Protestant may receive these sacraments although always respecting the conditions outlined above in the Holy Father’s encyclical: “that the person be unable to have recourse for the sacrament desired to a minister of his or her own Church or ecclesial Community, ask for the sacrament of his or her own initiative, [and] manifest Catholic faith in this sacrament and be properly disposed” (No. 131).

requires permission according to the directives of the diocesan bishop and the provisions of canon law (canon 844 § 4). "

I am not allowed to go to a non Catholic church cause of a cussing disorder that the other churches are not willing to accept,I have not been in a non catholic church service in nearly 2 months

Last Sunday I receive the sacrament anointing of the sick for a up coming major surgery.I have been going to this catholic church for nearly a year now.

I have tried to get in touch with diocesan bishop but he has yet to return my calls.I have been calling him cause I know my local Priest [edited] would need his permission to let me receive the Eucharist

I am not sure what to do,If I was able to get anointing of the sick in my situation shouldnt the receive the Eucharist be also?

(Pre-script: It’s generally more helpful to give your post a title that gives readers an idea about what the post is about. Almost every thread on this forum has a question, and every author hopes that their threads are read!)

(Do you have Tourrette Syndrome? Just curious… that’s the only disorder I know of that includes coprolalia – “involuntary swearing or the involuntary utterance of obscene words or socially inappropriate and derogatory remarks”.)

If you have no recourse to the sacrament (or its equivalent) in your own Church or community, and you earnestly request the sacrament of your own will, and attest that you believe what the Church believes about the Eucharist, and that you are properly disposed to receive it (one-hour fast, no mortal sin on your conscience), then ojectively, yes, I would expect a priest would permit you to receive Holy Communion. I would beg you to prayerfully discern if your desire to receive the Anointing of the Sick and Holy Communion might possibly be the result of God calling you, through your trials and sufferings, into His Holy Catholic Church.

I have over activity in the center part of my brain that causes coprolalia and seziures

Praying for you, kathrynsue!

:angel1: :gopray: :angel1:


You are in my prayers and thoughts.


ask this good priest you know, be open and honest about your situation and needs, and he will take any steps that are necessary, contacting the bishop is his worry, not yours, and if it needs to be done, he will do it. If you can receive sacraments, he will determine this and do what is necessary, or give you a good solid explanation if it is not possible at this time. we will be praying for your return to health.

I dont find it that easy to talk to this Priest

He doesnt even know I am trying to contact the Bishop

A friend on here tried to call the bishop for me and they even tried to call the local priest for me

neither of the offices would give her or me much of the time of day

Call the Parish office and ask to make an appointment to speak with the Priest. Do not go into details with a secretary, simply state that you have a personal matter to discuss with the Priest.

When you meet with the Priest, explain that you wish to become Catholic and to recieve the Sacraments, yet are prevented because your parents will not allow you to convert. He will guide you in the best course of action.

this has me so stressed and frustrated that I bet its helping my brain tumor kill me faster

I certainly hope not! I am praying for you, but you must also trust in God and know that even if you were to die from this tumor (and we will all day one day of something), that God will be with you at death if you seek Him and pray.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.