I gotta job! Thanks for your prayers!

I GOTTA JOB!!! :extrahappy: :dancing:

OK, it’s NOT permanent, and it’s not writing per se, but it will pay the bills and keep me under a roof!!

The job is with the U.S. Census, which means it will last a minimum of about 18 months–maybe a little more. I’ve been hired to help train those who will do the doorknocking and getting the data out in the streets, then help compile all the data to send off to DC.

Since the Census doesn’t actually go into the active phase (phone and door to door surveys, etc.) until 2010, that means I have a fairly long stretch of employment ahead of me.

God willing, I can use the time to seek out employment as a writer, sharpen my writing skills, etc. I’m planning on maybe starting a history blog so that others can see what I write. It will be one step closer to doing the writing that can (hopefully) be published in a book. The journey of a thousand miles…

Thank all of you for praying. One of the things I did to keep myself from getting too down (and giving in to the temptation to stay in bed most of the day) was to go to morning mass at the Catholic Church down the street from me. Once I was up, showered, dressed, presentable and out the door, I found I was not likely to go back to bed and stay miserable!

I’m not Catholic, but I’ve attended masses elsewhere before and was fairly familiar with the ritual (do I stand or do I kneel? Why do they hold hands for the the Lord’s Prayer??)

It really helped end my isolation during the week, and gave me other things and people to pray about besides myself. I was in great danger of turning into your basic selfish pig in the midst of this.

I start work this Monday (Feb 2), so no more weekday masses, just my regular church attendance on Sundays at my church. (I’m gonna miss seeing the kindergarteners from the Catholic school go forward for blessing every Friday!)

Thanks for the prayers and concern. If you want to pray some more for me, pray that I will do the new job well and be a blessing to my employer and coworkers. Pray also for direction in the start of a writing career–that I will remain disciplined, make the contacts with people I need, etc.

Thanks again, and may God bless you all!:hug3: :grouphug:
(I put another copy of this on the end of my original request for prayer)

Praying a prayer of thanksgiving for your good fortune.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

*Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. *
*Blessed art thou amongst women *
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
*Holy Mary, Mother of God *
*pray for us sinners now *
*and at the hour of our death. *
Amen.

August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

osohappy, we’re delighted for you!
It’s lovely to know you’ve been attending Mass.
I ask the Lord, who has been happy to see your face and have you around,
to keep you close to Himself.

I pray that all will go very well with your job and that it will lead to further, and desirable, employment. God bless you…more :slight_smile:

I am very happy for you . I am happy for you . Praise God , Thanks to YOU LORD GOD ! Lord you blesssed your child osohappy with a great job . All glory and honor is yours Almighty Father in Jesus;s name, amen . best wishes osohappy, John

Woooooooo!!!

Watch others. :smiley:

Good question! Hey wait a minute, you’re a Protestant, you tell us! :wink:

Congratulations, and you’re in our prayers. :slight_smile:

Loving God,

You are the source of all goodness and grace in our world and we offer thanks and praise to you each day for the opportunity to be your children and for the gift of your unconditional love. Thank you and praise you for the employment opportunity provided to osohappy and thank you especially for osohappy’s action of remembering to return the glory and praise to You. Thanks be to God for this great news and may it encourage and strengthen others who are in need of work as well.

We pray in the name of your beloved son, our Lord Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Thanks God and good luck! Will certainly keep you in my prayers.

Thanks be to God!

And thank you for sharing this news with us, Oso :slight_smile:

:harp:

Congratulations. Praise and thansk to God

Congratulations. Praise and thansk to God

Praise the Lord!

Thank God you got a job :thumbsup: :smiley:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Congratulations and Praise God!

Hey!! Congratulations and know that I will pray for your continued success. Keep going to Mass. :slight_smile: The Lord loves seeing you there.
Thank you Lord for bring employment into Osohappy’s life. You truly are an amazing God. Thank You!!

:extrahappy: :dancing: :clapping: :thumbsup:

Praise God!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.