I had a dream of Satan

Last night I had a dream of a girl I knew in elementary school. In my dream she somehow got involved in the occult and she was begging me to help her. So I started renouncing demons. I started to say, “In the name of Jesus…” but it only came out in a whisper and with difficulty. So I paused and asked her if she could hear me. She said, “yes.” So I continued. I began again, only being able to whisper and said, “In the name of Jesus I renounce the spirit of (the demon)…” Immediately appearing on the television screen was the devil with his head to the ground and someone standing on his head. I continued to speak saying, “…and I command you to leave NOW!” Immediately, Satan vanished and a burn mark was left in the ground where his head used to be. Then I turned to my friend and said, “See how much power there is in His (Jesus) name.”

I woke up and it was 3:00 a.m.

I had a friend who had a dream of two demons fighting with St. Michael. When he woke up he googled their names and they were real demons that he had never heard of before (at least according to the internet). He doesn’t remember their names now.

Probably for the best.

I find the long version of the prayer to St. Michael especially helpful durning such spirtual darkness.

Would you mind sharing that prayer please?:slight_smile:

Calling upon Jesus Christ in prayer like; In the name of Jesus Christ I command you demons (if you know the name of the demon mention the name) or satan to get out, or to leave. You might use this kind of prayer when you confront it in real life. However, it is officially a duty of an exorcist and to those who are granted charisms from Jesus Christ himself. You might pray also this powerful prayer;
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in the day of Battle; Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke Him, we humbly pray, and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into Hell, Satan and all the other evil spirits, who prowl through the world, seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
Ask Mother Mary for her intercession. She is very powerful in her intercession.
I have confronted with such cases like that in real life. You need a lot of prayers in order to defeat the demons and satan. Remember it is Christ work through your faith and trust in His power. Christ is always victorious.

Thanks for sharing. His name is indeed incredibly powerful, always.

The night of Ash Wednesday, I had a dream that I woke up from something pulling at my arms and breathing loudly. I looked and over the side of my bed was as an extremely dark shadow. I tried to yell at it “In the Name of Jesus Christ I command you to leave” but couldn’t speak, so I simply prayed in my mind, and it went away; I don’t remember what happened after that. When I woke up later, I was still lying in the same position I had been in the “dream.” It didn’t feel like a normal dream at all, and it had in fact interrupted another, unrelated dream, and yet it didn’t feel like I was truly awake. I’m still not sure whether this really happened.

Sounds very similar to sleep paralysis, a sleep condition I suffer from quite often. It’s always disturbing, but not dangerous.

webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-paralysis

It can’t hurt us to know the names of our enemies.

Pray for that girl. The dream could mean that she really does need help with this kind of thing.

That’s certainly an example of the 3 a.m. occurrence that I mentioned in an earlier topic…

forums.catholic.com/showpost.php?p=10277102&postcount=33

“O Glorious Prince of the heavenly host, St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in the battle and in the terrible warfare that we are waging against the principalities and powers, against the rulers of this world of darkness, against the evil spirits. Come to the aid of man, whom Almighty God created immortal, made in His own image and likeness, and redeemed at a great price from the tyranny of Satan.

“Fight this day the battle of the Lord, together with the holy angels, as already thou hast fought the leader of the proud angels, Lucifer, and his apostate host, who were powerless to resist thee, nor was there place for them any longer in Heaven. That cruel, ancient serpent, who is called the devil or Satan who seduces the whole world, was cast into the abyss with his angels. Behold, this primeval enemy and slayer of men has taken courage. Transformed into an angel of light, he wanders about with all the multitude of wicked spirits, invading the earth in order to blot out the name of God and of His Christ, to seize upon, slay and cast into eternal perdition souls destined for the crown of eternal glory. This wicked dragon pours out, as a most impure flood, the venom of his malice on men of depraved mind and corrupt heart, the spirit of lying, of impiety, of blasphemy, and the pestilent breath of impurity, and of every vice and iniquity.

“These most crafty enemies have filled and inebriated with gall and bitterness the Church, the spouse of the immaculate Lamb, and have laid impious hands on her most sacred possessions. In the Holy Place itself, where the See of Holy Peter and the Chair of Truth has been set up as the light of the world, they have raised the throne of their abominable impiety, with the iniquitous design that when the Pastor has been struck, the sheep may be.

“Arise then, O invincible Prince, bring help against the attacks of the lost spirits to the people of God, and give them the victory. They venerate thee as their protector and patron; in thee holy Church glories as her defense against the malicious power of hell; to thee has God entrusted the souls of men to be established in heavenly beatitude. Oh, pray to the God of peace that He may put Satan under our feet, so far conquered that he may no longer be able to hold men in captivity and harm the Church. Offer our prayers in the sight of the Most High, so that they may quickly find mercy in the sight of the Lord; and vanquishing the dragon, the ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, do thou again make him captive in the abyss, that he may no longer seduce the nations. Amen.
V. Behold the Cross of the Lord; be scattered ye hostile powers.
R. The Lion of the tribe of Judah has conquered the root of David.
V. Let Thy mercies be upon us, O Lord.
R. As we have hoped in Thee.
V. O Lord, hear my prayer.
R. And let my cry come unto Thee.

Let us pray.
O God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, we call upon Thy holy Name, and as supplicants, we implore Thy clemency, that by the intercession of Mary, ever Virgin Immaculate and our Mother, and of the glorious St. Michael the Archangel, Thou wouldst deign to help us against Satan and all the other unclean spirits who wander about the world for the injury of the human race and the ruin of souls. Amen.”

Certainly that is what material positivists call it, but I’m not at all convinced.

Wow. I have never heard of this one before. Thank you for posting!:blessyou:

INDE AB ALIQUOT ANNIS
On The Current Norms Governing Exorcisms
Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith

[The following translation has been prepared by EWTN Online Services. It is not an official translation, and is not to be circulated without this warning.]

Issued by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith on September 29, 1984.

Excellentissime Domine,

For several years, in certain areas of the Church, assemblies formed to pray for liberation from the influence of demons (though they do not perform exorcisms as such) have been increasing in number. These assemblies are often led by members of the laity, even when there is a priest present.

Since the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has been asked what is the proper attitude towards these activities, this Dicastery deems it necessary to make known to all Ordinaries the response which follows:

1. Canon 1172 of the Code of Canon Law declares that no one may licitly perform exorcisms on those who are possessed [obsessos], unless he has obtained particular and express permission from the local ordinary (section 1), and it decrees that this permission is to be granted by the Ordinary only to priests who are outstanding in piety, knowledge, prudence, and integrity of life (section 2). Bishops are therefore strongly urged to enforce the observance of these prescriptions.

2. It follows also from these same prescriptions that Christ’s faithful may not employ the formula of exorcism against Satan and the fallen angels which is excerpted from that formula made official by order of the Supreme Pontiff Leo XIII, and certainly may not use the entire text of that exorcism. Let all bishops take care to admonish the faithful about this matter whenever such instruction is required. [Emphasis mine]

1. Finally, for the same reasons, Bishops are asked to guard lest those who lack the required power attempt to lead assemblies in which prayers are employed to obtain liberation from demons, and in the course of which the demons are directly disturbed and an attempt is made to determine their identity. This applies even to cases which, although they do not involve true diabolical possession, nevertheless are seen in some way to manifest diabolical influence.

[EWTN theological note: Paragraph 3 applies this prohibition to obsession (of persons) and infestation (of places). CBD]

Of course, the enunciation of these norms should not stop the faithful of Christ from praying, as Jesus taught us, that they may be freed from evil (cf. Mt 6:13). Moreover, Pastors should take this opportunity to remember what the tradition of the Church teaches about the function properly assigned to the intercession of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary, the Apostles and the Saints, even in the spiritual battle of Christians against the evil spirits.

May I take this occasion to convey my great feelings of esteem for you, remaining your servant in the Lord,

Joseph Card. Ratzinger, Prefect

Excellent advice :slight_smile: I have the long prayer ( called the Original prayer to St Michael ) This can be found in any prayer book of St Micheal… Divine Mercy Publications has a prayer book called Prince of Angels and it is in that alomg with many other prayers and devotioins to St Michael… its a great book… ISBN 978-1-872276-03-8
Also the St Michael book of Novena and prayers also contains the prayer
ISBN-10: 1-929 198-78-7

God Bless and may St Michael Bless you

:)God bless you. I’m sorry to have to inform you that the prayer in question is part of the rite of exorcism and is prohibited to the laity.:sad_yes:

I’m not being argumentive, but am genuinely curious. Why can’t we use the whole prayer?

dzehnle.blogspot.com/2011/04/bishop-paprocki-authorizes-st-michael.html?m=1

Thanks for reposting. I had read the text, but it only stated not to do it, which I will certainly obey. I just figured it was a prayer like any other, and could be used as any other prayer that called upon St. Michael for protection.

Unfortunately, the article does not show whether it was the exorcism version of the prayer that was printed on the prayer card. Also, Bishop Paprocki’s authorization of the exorcism prayer would only apply to his diocese. Unless our Bishops (in our own Diocese) authorize the use of the prayer, we must continue to follow the teaching of the Vatican not to use the exorcism version of the prayer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.