‘I Had a Scary Dream About Donald Trump’: Muslim Parents Face a Tense Election

From the “paper of record”:

nytimes.com/2016/10/26/nyregion/muslims-parents-donald-trump-staten-island.html?_r=0

It stories like this that make me question the reliability of current poling. If the NYT was really confident of Hillary’s election, I can’t imagine they would be trying to paint Trump having “Freddy Krueger-esqe” abilities to invade the dreams of Muslim children.

Poor little snowflakes.

Hate Crimes Against American Muslims Most Since Post-9/11 Era

Hate crimes against American Muslims have soared to their highest levels since the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, according to data compiled by researchers, an increase apparently fueled by terrorist attacks in the United States and abroad and by divisive language on the campaign trail.

The trend has alarmed hate crime scholars and law-enforcement officials, who have documented hundreds of attacks — including arsons at mosques, assaults, shootings and threats of violence — since the beginning of 2015.

While the most current hate crime statistics from the F.B.I. are not expected until November, new data from researchers at California State University, San Bernardino, found that hate crimes against American Muslims were up 78 percent over the course of 2015. Attacks on those perceived as Arab rose even more sharply.

Police and news media reports in recent months have indicated a continued flow of attacks, often against victims wearing traditional Muslim garb or seen as Middle Eastern.

Some scholars believe that the violent backlash against American Muslims is driven not only by the string of terrorist attacks in Europe and the United States that began early last year, but also by the political vitriol from candidates like Donald J. Trump, who has called for a ban on immigration by Muslims and a national registry of Muslims in the United States.

“That picture of that little 4-year-old boy in Aleppo with the blood coming down his face while he sat in an ambulance is haunting, and so we are going to do very careful, thorough vetting.” ~HRC~

“Because Roe v. Wade very clearly sets out that there can be regulations on abortion so long as the life and the health of the mother are taken into account. And when I voted as a senator, I did not think that that was the case. The kinds of cases that fall at the end of pregnancy are often the most heartbreaking, painful decisions for families to make. I have met with women who have, toward the end of their pregnancy, get the worst news one could get. That their health is in jeopardy if they continue to carry to term. Or that something terrible has happened or just been discovered about the pregnancy. I do not think the United States government should be stepping in and making those most personal of decisions. So you can regulate if you are doing so with the life and the health of the mother taken into account.” ~HRC~

Clinton said these words at the third presidential debate. The usage of imagery and stories to rip at the heart cut both ways here. It is a tactic that the democratic party uses to pull heartstrings and persuade. This ‘bad dream’ article is another perfect example.

Neither party is confident especially in light of the slow implosive quality of the recent wikileaks emails.

Each side will be plugging hard until the polls close.

The bad dream stuff…crazy and way out there.

From the article:

“Some scholars believe that the violent backlash against American Muslims is driven not only by the string of terrorist attacks in Europe and the United States that began early last year, but also by the political vitriol from candidates like Donald J. Trump, who has called for a ban on immigration by Muslims and a national registry of Muslims in the United States.”

I don’t know if I qualify as one of the “scholars”, but I don’t think it has a thing to do with Trump. It has to do with 911 followed by one Islamist attack after another and the prospect of bringing in thousands of Middle EAsterners who are mostly young men and whom ISIS contents have some terrorists in their numbers.

And parenthetically, why is it that only 8/10ths of 1% of the imported “refugees” are Christian from a region where 12% of the population is Christian?

If I have a scary dream about Christians being left to face ISIS while ISIS sends terrorists here, will the media make a big deal about that? Somehow I doubt it.

Also, I’m not a child psychologist but I am a seasoned parent and grandparent. My opinion is that these children having bad dreams are probably over exposed to adult political content and opinion beyond their years.
To blame?
The parents for exploiting and burdening young minds.
The New York Times for exploiting innocent lives and bedroom pictures just for a dig and a dollar.

In all seriousness how many of these attacks we hoaxes perpetrated on behalf of CAIR?.

Since you have not presented evidence that any of them are hoaxes, I’m going to say zero.

Guess Again

wikiislam.net/wiki/Fake_Anti-Muslim_Hate_Crimes_and_Other_Lies

Is it ok for me to say BTFO in this forum?

Of course Muslims fabricate persecution hoaxes. Lefties keep getting caught doing this whether it’s Muslims, transgendereds, or lesbian waitresses. Heck, didn’t Breitbart do an article a few months ago compiling 100 SJW hoaxes?
The fact that there is anyone left who gives the Left credibility is a miracle.

The need to assign proper victimization categories demands forum respondents remember proper government and White Fortress ascension protocols to register proper outrage at RethugliKKKans who are traumatizing future democrat voter.

The ranks assigned by the Ministry of Victimization has assessed priorities in this order Muslims, transgender, gays/lesbians (do not say homosexual), wymons, blacks/Hispanic (depends on latest police shooting.) All rage is to be directed to Trump-Hitler. It is all his fault. (Throw in global warming as well.)

If we except something called “WikiIslam” at face value then since 2001 there have been an average of between 1 and 2 hoaxes annually. There were hundreds of hate crimes committed against Muslims last year.

This does not prove your point. You said "I wonder how many of** these attacks were fabricated hoaxes.", referring to the attacks that have been verified and have become part of the FBI crime statistics. What your anti-islamic reference lists is incidents where an attack was claimed and then found to be false. The stats cited in the article were based on attacks that were not** discredited. So I’m still sticking with “none”.

It is so easy to make fun of victimization when you are not the victim.

we should believe the FBI because?

And you know nothing about me.

They are our best source of crime data, and there is no compelling reason no to believe them.

And regarding your previous question, I have never seen someone who is a victim make fun of victimization as you did.

Emotionally burdening children with adult problems and issues will almost certainly manifest in mental problems. Allowing the story writer to photograph and interview the kids was exploitation and extended the victimization.

The same news writer might have written a story of another child having bad dreams of HRC killing babies.

The writer’s preferred angle of vision was to falsely demonize Trump and further victimize a couple of kids.

Very true. But this still doesn’t excuse making fun of victimization.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.