I had my Rite of Acceptance!!!

This past Sunday, January 29th, I went through the Rite of Acceptance. It was very very beautiful, and a great experience. Easter seems REALLY close now!

I’m very happy for you! The funny thing is that I don’t even know what the “Rite of Acceptance” is… is it a part of the RCIA program?

[quote=THutch04]This past Sunday, January 29th, I went through the Rite of Acceptance. It was very very beautiful, and a great experience. Easter seems REALLY close now!
[/quote]

Congratulations! I remember when my (now) husband went through. It was nearly a bigger moment than his Confirmation since the Bishop did it. Funny though, my husband said it felt like Easter was forever away since he was only halfway there.

A part that was meaningful to me was the knowledge that after the Rite of Acceptance it showed his full intention to be Catholic. Since his family was not Catholic and we were not yet married his intent was important. It was explained in his RCIA class that after this Rite he could be considered a full Catholic in emergency. That meant that if he were to be deathly ill and needed Annointing of the Sick he could receive Communion. Or if he died he could have a Mass of Christian burial. It might seem creepy to some people but to us it was very significant.

Congratulations, again. You folks joining The Church make me teary eyed every Sunday. It is such an honor to watch you on your journey.

Congratulations, many catholic converts are the best catholics.

Thuch:

Congratulations for being accepted and for accepting the Church.

May the Lord continue to bless your journey.

Graces abound!

in XT.

[quote=CollegeCatholic]I’m very happy for you! The funny thing is that I don’t even know what the “Rite of Acceptance” is… is it a part of the RCIA program?
[/quote]

:wink: Dude! You really do need to get into that in your parish and maybe sponsor someone. Rite of Acceptance

You have now made the decision to move forward in your journey as a catechumen (not baptized) or candidate (baptized Christian or Catholic). The choice to go on marks your “Exodus” from the Inquiry stage into a new way of life. This new life will be an answer to Gods earlier call to follow Him. He is “the doors are opened wide for you to enter the Church”. * You will now be a part of this community, the family of God, for He has called you by name. Your acceptance into this worshipping community is marked by a formal Rite, a step closer to the Easter sacraments to which you will soon be “elected”.

Rite of Sending and Rite of Election. A real good site that covers it all. :thumbsup:
Hang in there Bro!
Pax tecum,

BTW WAY TO GO HUTCH!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :blessyou: :gopray:

[quote=THutch04]This past Sunday, January 29th, I went through the Rite of Acceptance. It was very very beautiful, and a great experience. Easter seems REALLY close now!
[/quote]

Congratulations Thutch04! Welcome Home!

Congrats, I had mine early december. Did they make you say anything? I was so nervous I had to express what I was looking for and what I expected/needed (in regards to support) from the parish. I hate talking in front of people, especially that many people :crying:

Not to steal your thread but does anyone know if I am supposed to be going through these steps, such as the rite of acceptance, if I was baptized Catholic? I was just thrown into the RCIA program as a Candidate with my girlfriend who was not baptized Catholic. Oh well the RCIA program has been very informational for me. I will also be joining the Why Catholic program as soon as RCIA is over.

[quote=Church Militant] :wink: Dude! You really do need to get into that in your parish and maybe sponsor someone. Rite of AcceptanceRite of Sending and Rite of Election. A real good site that covers it all. :thumbsup:
Hang in there Bro!
Pax tecum,

BTW WAY TO GO HUTCH!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :blessyou: :gopray:
[/quote]

The sad fact is that I went through the RCIA program myself and have since sponsored my roommate through it… :confused:

[/quote]

Welcome home! I did it a year ago, and I will never forget it. It was at about that point that I really started to starve for the Body and Blood of Christ. When you finally get there, it will bring tears to your eyes. It brought them to mine! Still does!

I encourage you to take advantage of every stage of Lent. It just makes it all the more special.

I am SO proud that you found your way to Rome Sweet Rome!

Brad

Thank you all for your responses.

In response to one of the posters above me, yes, they did make us say a few things, but it wasn’t that much. I normally don’t have a problem talking in front of people though, so it wasn’t that nervewracking. My biggest fear was that I would get up and trip for some reason (because that’s DEFINITELY something that would happen to me!!!)

I am definitely looking forward to the next couple of months (I’m actually not being confirmed until AFTER Easter since I’m doing it through my college’s campus ministry program). I do hope that I remember to take advantage of every aspect of the program from now until it ends. This is the only time that I’ll really go through something like this, and I to make the most of it.

Congratulations,I will be attending my third RCIA classes tommorrow it is the best I love every minute of it. :smiley:

Congrats on your Rite of Acceptance! We had ours in November. (ANd we have to endure an sappy dismissal hymn when we get early dismissal. But that’s another thread on another site. :D)

Isn’t it great to be almost there? Only two months till Easter Vigil. Seems like forever, but know that it will be worth it. Here’s to the Tiber Swim team, Class of 2006! G

Welcome, Thutch04! I had mine three years ago, and I’m so glad I came home to the Catholic faith.

[quote=Cairisti] Here’s to the Tiber Swim team, Class of 2006! G
[/quote]

I just got that! I’m such a cradle! (Catholic) Until I came to this forum I had never heard of “crossing the Tiber.” I like it, “swim team!”

Cheers from here too!

I did not go through a rite of acceptance because I had private instruction from a priest infact my baptism and confirmation was done in the eucharistic chapel with only the priest and my sponsor present then i received first communion the folllowing sunday at the 10:30 am mass

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.