I Hate the devil

I really do. I am sick of it, words cannot describe how much I hate it.
This vile wretch will stop at nothing to terrorise me at night, or whenever.
For goodness sake, I cannot even go outside to look at the stars, ok so a few days ago I went outside but I heard this sinister screech, unlike anything I have heard before I believe it was some demon, now I know how evil todays society is so its not uncommon for them to often appear and try to scare people.
But this is ridiculous!
So basically I am constantly attacked, and believe me I didn’t ask for it, what advice do you have for this to stop?
thanks.

If you can, find a good priest who is experienced in this matter and can direct you in the right direction. You may be being attacked by demons or there may be another explanation.

Regarding the sinister screech outside, are you sure it was not an animal? Fishers, for example, (ugly beasties like something in between a ferret and a wolverine but more nasty sounding and looking than either) live in my area and make a terrible noise at night.

You should seek the counsel of a priest and as soon as possible. We face many trials in life, but this is beyond anything that an online forum could honestly help you with.

I never like to leave someone who posts on here empty handed, so I can only offer what simple advice about improving your spiritual life I can:

You should try to attend mass daily and go to confession once a week. Frequent use of holy water may help. You should also pray the rosary daily, attend adorations frequently and read scripture.

But please, above all else, seek the counsel of a priest as soon as possible.

St. Isaac the Syrian used to pray for the salvation of the demons and of the devil.

Much as I’m sure this saint meant well, it is not a good idea. It is useless at best, and could prove dangerous.

perhaps, perhaps not. I don’t think it’s for everyone.

I do indeed pray for the salvation of all things, including the fallen angels.

god is stronger than the devil … stay close to god and he will not be able to do anything… hes defeated…

I remember reading somewhere that mother Theresa or another saint would wake up during the night and say “devil leave me alone” and turn the other cheek on the pillow and coniinue sleeping that’s the sort of attitude we should have :slight_smile:

Agreed. The fallen angels’ rejection of God is a permanent choice that cannot be reversed.

Thanks for the perspective. I tend to stand with the formidable minority of Saints in the Church (East and West) who differ with you on that matter, though.

St. Isaac

And what is a merciful heart? It is the heart burning for the sake of all creation, for men, for birds, for animals, for demons, and every created thing; and by the recollection of them the eyes of a merciful man pour forth abundant tears. By the strong and vehement mercy which grips his heart and by his great compassion, his heart is humbled and he cannot bear to hear or to see any injury or slight sorrow in creation. For this reason he offers up tearful prayer continually even for irrational beasts, for the enemies of the truth, and for those who harm him, that they be protected and receive mercy. And in like manner he even prays for the family of reptiles because of the great compassion that burns without measure in his heart in the likeness of God. (I.71, p. 491)

I’ll also throw my hat in the ring with my Patron Saint, Gregory of Nyssa, in holding out/praying for the salvation of the Devil too. (Assuming the Devil is an actual entity)

I guess I stand with the formidable majority :rolleyes:

sounds good. it takes all kinds. the Church’s tent is big enough to include both positions.

The first thing to do is pray to St. Michael:

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Pray always, just as St. Faustina did:

320 Jesus made known to me how very pleasing to Him were prayers of atonement. He said to me, The prayer of a humble and loving soul disarms the anger of My Father and draws down an ocean of blessings. After the adoration, half way to my cell, I was surrounded by a pack of huge black dogs who were jumping and howling and trying to tear me to pieces. I realized that they were not dogs, but demons. One of them spoke up in a rage, “Because you have snatched so many souls away from us this night, we will tear you to pieces.” I answered, “If that is the will of the most merciful God, tear me to pieces, for I have justly deserved it, because I am the most miserable of all sinners, and God is ever holy, just, and infinitely merciful.” To these words all the demons answered as one, “Let us flee, for she is not alone; the Almighty is with her!” And they vanished like dust, like the noise of the road, while I continued on my way to my cell undisturbed, finishing my Te Deum and pondering the infinite and unfathomable mercy of God.

When you pray, the Almighty will certainly be with you too.

You are right. These things happen. They happen for a reason. The devil(s) cannot act without permission. My suspicion is that God wants you to move closer toward Him and become holier. Satan is defeated. We need to claim the victory. God demonstrates His own power over Satan through us. He doesn’t need us, but, He does things this way for our benefit.

If you have been battling this for a while, I’m sure you have found St. Michael’s prayer and other prayers for deliverance. If not, they are easily found by using Google.

The sacraments are an excellent source of grace. You may think of grace as God’s power. Frequent Mass and confession are ways that we can receive Sacramental Grace. Avail yourself to both as often as possible.

Christ taught us that prayer and fasting are useful weapons against demons. Fasting is an act of humility. The devil fears a humble soul. He knows that God will do anything for one of His humble servants.

Sacramentals are great weapons. Use a lot of holy water. Bless your own house. Burn blessed incense. St. Benedict medals with the exorcism blessing are great.

The Holy Mass is very powerful against demons. Ask a priest to say a Mass with the intention of your spiritual protection.

This as well. Good idea!

This is very true.  Also we are supposed to be motivated by Christian love and compassion as is our Lord Jesus Christ so motivated.

To the OP,  where were you when you heard that sound that was so terrible?

Thanks all for your helpful replies.
I agree I should see a priest about this.

Greetings BluesPicker,

Well to answer your question I was outside somewhere it was rather late, at first when I heard the shriek (actually I cant quite describe it), I presumed it to be a crow but they would not be out at that time it was too late in the night, as well as any other similar bird;
magpies, rooks etc they would have long went into their roost by then.
someone else suggested a ferret or such like creature, well they are not here to my knowledge, so that rules them out.
I really believe it was a demon responsible for it, I have never heard such a strange call,
probably satan, trying to slyly do away with me in the night.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.