I have a job!

I posted a few times here for advice on job hunting and also to lament the fact that I was going to be laid off at the end of the year.

Many prayers asking St. Joseph to intercede for me and much resume writing, cover letter writing, job hunting, etc later... I have a job. It was the first place to interview me. I am very eager to work for them too; they want someone who comes up with ideas and can implement them (which is something I LOVE to do). And the people there seemed so nice and relaxed.

By the way, it's the place I hand-wrote thank you letters to as well. So I guess they liked the handwritten thank yous for the interviews. I start right after the holidays... so basically I will be unemployed for two weeks at the end of the year. It will be like a long vacation I guess. It will be nice to have some mommy/daughter time around the holidays too (since she will be out of school).

I am not sure that anyone cares, but I just wanted to post something since so many people here were helpful and supportive (and offered to pray for me too). I have many more trials to go though, but knowing I can support myself and my little girl means a lot to me.

I wonder if there is a pray of thanks I can say? Or maybe I will just dedicate a rosary to being thankful.

:yyeess: Awesome! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! :extrahappy:

Congrats!

Thank you St Joseph!

[quote="mellowcalico, post:1, topic:221588"]
I posted a few times here for advice on job hunting and also to lament the fact that I was going to be laid off at the end of the year.

Many prayers asking St. Joseph to intercede for me and much resume writing, cover letter writing, job hunting, etc later... I have a job. It was the first place to interview me. I am very eager to work for them too; they want someone who comes up with ideas and can implement them (which is something I LOVE to do). And the people there seemed so nice and relaxed.

By the way, it's the place I hand-wrote thank you letters to as well. So I guess they liked the handwritten thank yous for the interviews. I start right after the holidays... so basically I will be unemployed for two weeks at the end of the year. It will be like a long vacation I guess. It will be nice to have some mommy/daughter time around the holidays too (since she will be out of school).

I am not sure that anyone cares, but I just wanted to post something since so many people here were helpful and supportive (and offered to pray for me too). I have many more trials to go though, but knowing I can support myself and my little girl means a lot to me.

I wonder if there is a pray of thanks I can say? Or maybe I will just dedicate a rosary to being thankful.

[/quote]

YAY for St. Joseph!!!! Thank you so much for letting us know! I am one who said yes, write the notes yourself. Glad that may have been part of the reason you were hired...

:extrahappy::dancing::bounce::bowdown2:
:bowdown2::yyeess::yeah_me:

Congratulations!!! Praise God!!!

Congratulations BIG TIME!

As for prayers, daily gratitude is a great way to go as is one or more rosaries!

Congratulations.

The words "Thank you" are a very good prayer.

[quote="mellowcalico, post:1, topic:221588"]

[/quote]

YAY!!!

Congrats and God Bless!
And I think saying a rosary with a grateful intent would be so pleasing to Our Lady. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.