I have a silly question about the Holy Spirit

Did the Holy Spirit ever say I AM ? Father and Son sure did, but Him?
I can’t find this, if there is such a passage.
Thank you

I don’t recall the scriptures quoting the Holy Spirit as saying anything. Rather the Holy Spirit guides men into speaking and writing Truth.

Did the Holy Spirit ever talk? Just wondering…

Through prophets for sure! :wink: Not directly.

The thought came to me that perhaps the Holy Spirit did say “I am”.

who is to say that when God told Moses (exodus chapter 3) that it was not the Holy Spirit.

We, as Christians know the three persons of God have existed from the beginning, but the concept of a Trinitarian God had not been revealed yet to the ancients.

Therefore it is conceivable that when God spoke, it was God, but in the person of the Holy Spirit.

Yes, through the prophets. We acknowledge that in the creed at every Mass.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son
is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

Revelation 2 and 3 has many sayings of Holy Spirit.

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who conquers shall not be hurt by the second death.’ (Revelation 2:11)

There are at least six other verses like that.

-Tim-

Or it could have been JESUS, since HE is the WORD!

I guess it could have been, although a little more problematic, theologically…the incarnation had not taken place yet, so while the Son was The Logos! He was not yet Jesus (at that point had not manifested his humanity, but only his divinity)

no there tis ain’t. :smiley: there is some plunging the depths that is as far as mentioning the wisdom Person goes in the holy scriptures given story.

God bless and keep with

• john

Whatever one says or does in the Holy Trinity all participate fully. So if Jesus says ‘I am’ then the Holy Trinity is fully acknowledged and the response fully participated in by Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. So since Jesus stated ‘I am’ therefore all have stated it in agreement.:smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.