I have an evil spirit, please can you offer advice

I never had a properly formed conscience and this led me to become highly guilty, scrupulous at neurotic from age 15. I became very socially isolated yet I was happy with myself and others around me in a selfish way.

I could not get over the guilt of something I did.

When I reached age 17 I saw a psychiatrist, I was too scrupolous to say no to taking medication (as stupid as that sounds). I was then put on antipsychotics, which made me more and more emotionally blunted.

It took me month to realize that the medication was causing this state.

I have this unforgivable anger stored in me, that the doctor was RUDE and irritating to me, “This requires heavy heavy medication, like yeah.”

I have no friends.

I think it will be hard for many people like me to enter the straight and narrow.

Go to mass , pray , go for confession , avoid mortal and venial sin , forgive , grow in humility , talk to a priest. Keep a close close close relationship with Jesus.

This was exactly what i did.

4 Likes

You need to engage with a mental health professional who you trust. We cannot help you. Prayers.

3 Likes

Speak with a priest and go to Confession.

Learn to forgive. Jesus says we must forgive others if we wish to be forgiven. And we must forgive seventy times seven. That is, every time.

Ways to Let Go of Past Hurts

1. Make the decision to let it go. Things don’t disappear on their own. …
  1. Express your pain — and your responsibility. …
  2. Stop being the victim and blaming others. …
  3. Focus on the present — the here and now — and joy. …
  4. Forgive them — and yourself.

As for friends, it’s up to you whether or not to have them. If you want friends, you must first be a friend.

2 Likes

The grace of God allows us to uphold the high moral standards. It is a lifelong journey.

Catechism

1826 “If I . . . have not charity,” says the Apostle, “I am nothing.” Whatever my privilege, service, or even virtue, "if I . . . have not charity, I gain nothing."103 Charity is superior to all the virtues. It is the first of the theological virtues: "So faith, hope, charity abide, these three. But the greatest of these is charity ."104

311 Angels and men, as intelligent and free creatures, have to journey toward their ultimate destinies by their free choice and preferential love. They can therefore go astray. Indeed, they have sinned. Thus has moral evil, incommensurably more harmful than physical evil, entered the world. God is in no way, directly or indirectly, the cause of moral evil.176 He permits it, however, because he respects the freedom of his creatures and, mysteriously, knows how to derive good from it:

For almighty God. . ., because he is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself.177

1 Like
2 Likes

Perhaps the doctor could have said it better, but you should still trust him/her. If you have a mental illness requiring medication, take that medication.

No one here is equipped to help you beyond saying “follow your doctor’s advice.”

1 Like

First of all throw away your wrong notion that the problem is due to some evil spirit.The mind and body of humans are so complex in it working that these types of psychological and emotional problems will arise,some times in a more predominant way in certain people.It is not any abnormal or beyond cure situation.Pl.see s good Psychiatrist.In the meanwhile try to be calm and composed and for this get the help of some one you can trust and who won’t unnecessarily frighten you with stories of evil spirits.Believe in the powers of Jesus…

It is hard for everyone to keep to the narrow way. I’m sorry to hear about your troubles. Nothing is impossible for God. Receive the Sacraments regularly, obey the commandments, pray daily, go to mass frequently, go to confession regularly. Pray the rosary, work to avoid sinning, especially mortal sin. Increase in humility and strive to do good works like charity by volunteering in your parish.

Go to adoration often. Pray, hope and don’t worry is what St Pio advised. You can do it but like us all, only with God’s grace and help.

God bless you.

1 Like

I’d advise wearing a Brown Scapular as one weapon against evil spirit. But, I"m not sure you are trying to say you are evil or you have an evil spirit that harasses you.

We are not allowed to offer medical advice on CAF, but you do know you can refuse medication, right?

All your sins will lead you down the wrong path.

Seek Confession and Eucharist and pray for your spiritual needs (if you have anger problems pray for God’s help and Confess your faults with it). Doing so, will get your spiritual life in order.

Confession is like medicine because it is Jesus who heals you.

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.