I have been accepted for formation

I have been accepted for formation to the priesthood in England.

Thanks be to God

Could I please ask for your prayers for myself and all those starting on the next step of their journey to Holy Orders.

Thanks

Praise God!

:thumbsup:

St. John Vianney, patron saint of vocations, pray for this candidate and all who hear the call to become priests and religious brothers/sisters!

:signofcross:

[quote="Nige90, post:1, topic:330414"]

Thanks be to God

Could I please ask for your prayers for myself and all those starting on the next step of their journey to Holy Orders.

Thanks

[/quote]

Ave Maria!

Praised be Jesus and Mary! Congratulations! We will pray for you, especially that you may become a devoted priest to Our Lady, following the example of our new holy father, Pope Francis. Consecrate yourself to Her, and she will obtain the graces necessary to transform you into Her Son, to become "alter Christus".

Mary, Mother of Vocations, pray for us. St. John Vianney, patron of parish priests, pray for us. Ave Maria!

In the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Friar John Paul, FI

Thanks be to God

Thanks

[/quote]

**That's Wonderful Brother!!

May the SACRED and Priestly HEART of JESUS Bless You!!

Mary, Mother of Seminarians and Priests, please pray for us!**

Thanks be to God

Thanks

[/quote]

By all means, we pray for all prosective priests and religious. But remember, the Evil One will do every thing he can do discourage you and make you give up. Linus2nd

Thats so great!! I will pray for you!

Thanks be to God

Thanks

[/quote]

Wonderful! Congratulations!

Oh, how wonderful!!!!!

Congratulations and may God grant you every grace and blessing!

Praying for you and all those taking the next step of their journey to Holy Orders... +

O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven,
who brought forth the Son of God, still remaining a Virgin,
assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us
that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, I humbly ask you from the depths of my heart for help in this necessity.
There are none who can withstand your power.
O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you.

Sweet Mother, I place this cause in your hands. Amen

Thank you very much for your most generous prayers

We must also remember that our current priests also need all our prayers

[quote="TheRealJuliane, post:2, topic:330414"]
Praise God!

:thumbsup:

St. John Vianney, patron saint of vocations, pray for this candidate and all who hear the call to become priests and religious brothers/sisters!

:signofcross:

[/quote]

AMEN!!! And may God bless and protect all those who are currently serving in the priesthoos as well.

Good show, lad!

Be assured of my prayers for you while I, too, start Seminary in the Fall!

[/quote]

Congratulations. If you don't mind me asking - which diocese (or, if you prefer, which seminary)? I don't live in England now but did a few years back.

InThePews, I have been accepted for Portsmouth and I will be off to the Royal English College in Valladolid, Spain for a year. Then the waiting game will begin again until the Bishop decides where I will go for the following 6 years.

What a great joy & blessing!

God bless!

Praying for you and for all.

Prayer For Seminarians
Oh God, hear our prayer for the men you have chosen to follow in your Son's footsteps.
Teach them humility and fidelity to unselfishly help others.
May their devotion to Our Blessed Mother, Queen of Vocations increase, enabling them to do your will.
Strengthen their prayer life that they may grown spiritually without worldly distractions.
Give them courage and perseverance in their studies.
May the Holy Spirit lighten their struggles with their vocations, until they know the joy of being a priest.
We ask this through Christ your Son.
Amen.

Cardinal Carberry Prayer For Priests
O Jesus, our great High Priest, hear my humble prayers on behalf of your priests. Give them a deep faith, a bright and firm hope and a burning love which will ever increase in the course of their priestly life.

In their loneliness, comfort them. In their sorrows, strengthen them. In their frustrations, point out to them that it is through suffering that the soul is purified, and show them that they are needed by the Church; they are needed by souls; they are needed for the work of redemption.

O loving Mother Mary, Mother of Priests, take to your heart your sons who are close to you because of their priestly ordination and because of the power which they have received to carry on the work of Christ in a world which needs them so much. Be their comfort, be their joy, be their strength, and especially help them to live and to defend the ideals of consecrated celibacy.

[quote="Nige90, post:14, topic:330414"]
InThePews, I have been accepted for Portsmouth and I will be off to the Royal English College in Valladolid, Spain for a year. Then the waiting game will begin again until the Bishop decides where I will go for the following 6 years.

[/quote]

Enjoy Spain! Your next stop will probably be either St John's College Wonersh (Surrey) or the English College in Rome. Personally, I'd prefer not to go to Rome - but that's just me :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.