I have been very depressed and stressed out lately

Hey everyone. I have been very depressed and stressed out lately. My Grandma’s death is imminent, I am unsuccessfully trying to quit smoking cigarettes, I have a heel spur that is causing me a lot of pain when I walk unless I wear a cumbersome orthopedic walking boot, and a neighbor is being a little annoying. Please keep me in your prayers. Every single day I am having a sobbing spell which is primarily do to my Grandma’s imminent death.

Praying!

God bless you and your grandmother; that He keeps you vigilant in faith, hope and charity, and helps you in physical health and temptations.

I lost an uncle recently; a close family member suffers from anger/anxiety and spiritual laxity; and I suffer from irritation/weak nerves, and giving into temptations.

I pray for all of us Catholics suffering depression, ill-health and temptations, as well as those who are going through hard trials in general. May we all be fully confident in, strengthened by, and kept in the love of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

*Dearly beloved, think not strange the burning heat which is to try you, as if some new thing happened to you; But if you partake of the sufferings of Christ, rejoice that when his glory shall be revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. * 1 Peter 4:12-13

Amen.

Most definitely praying for you <3

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed
is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death

Amen.
~~~~~~

Prayers and sacrifices for you.

Well maybe you need some simplifying and some new forms of “converting” your troubles into energy giving prayer.

For now focus on your Grandma. Spend time with her, reading with her, writing her, praying for her. Write your other relatives about how she is doing. Put a scrapbook / photo album together and bring it to her. Bring her that and only smiles. Don’t bring your stories of trouble. You’re doing fine, as far as she can see. That will give her joy and peace that she needs for her struggle Home.

Maybe put the smoking thing on the back burner, so to speak, for right now. Ignore the neighbor, or maybe offer each painful step you make on the heel spur for your neighbor’s trouble.

Instead of sobbing…pray a prayer of Thanksgiving. That you have had a Grandma to love, that you have a neighbor (who needs your prayers), that you have feet.

May the Lord give you peace, patience and strength to carry your crosses patiently and lovingly. May the Lord grant you all the graces you need to persevere in a state of grace and may he draw you deeply close to His Sacred Heart. May you unite your sufferings to our Lord’s on the cross and offer them up. May you love the Lord’s will - whatever it is - and be abandoned to it with total trust in Him. Amen. You are in my prayers, Holly.

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said, “Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.” With confidence in Your loving heart which offers rest to weary souls, we come to You in this time of special need. In Your unfailing love, read the prayer that is written on our hearts, and grant the grace that we ask of You, in accordance with Your holy will. In Your name we pray.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.