I have intentions related to philosophy

This is not a thread to be moved in the philosophical forum as this is not a discussion of the philosopher Marion or the history of philosophy. This is a prayer intention with philosophical ideas mixed in for you to know where the intentions are coming from. If you want to engage me in discussion, please PM me. I might not respond quickly or coherently though as the semester is ending so I am quite busy :frowning: Thanks! :slight_smile:

1. I am not saying modern/contemporary philosophy are ugly or have no truth in them. I only pray that these be harmonized with faith and natural law. Call me out when I use essences/universals/natures to argue my points, but please do not bash my faith. I pray for these people that they may learn to be broad-minded and that I not be disturbed by these attacks on me/my faith.

2. I am studying Marion’s “Intentionality of Love”, and am given the chance to reflect on relevant experiences. In so doing, memories have assailed me; lucky I have a good therapist plus medical help is easily available. I pray that my health gets better as quickly as possible and that all those around me may not suffer much because of my suffering. I also offer my suffering for all other intentions here in this forum.

3. Since I have mentioned Marion, I pray that we may all act in accordance with what love truly is. May we go beyond loving qualities of a person but transcend ourselves to love a subject, an invisible center, as Marion calls humans. At this point, I could mention that removing qualities does not mean removing the substance because of haeccitas, but then that might derail this prayer and turn this into a philosophical discussion.

4. I pray that all may use their philosophy/theology knowledge to make this world a better place.

Thank you for the prayers! :slight_smile:

I pray for all your intentions.

Prayer to Love God Above All Things

God, my Father,
may I love You in all things and above all things.
May I reach the joy which You have prepared for me in
Heaven.
Nothing is good that is against Your Will,
and all that is good comes from Your Hand.
Place in my heart a desire to please You
and fill my mind with thoughts of Your Love,
so that I may grow in Your Wisdom and enjoy Your Peace.
Amen.

Praying for your intentions.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

St. Luis de Monteforde, pray for us!

May God bless you for your Marion studies,
may you be successful in marrying it
w/ Philosophy.

Our Father, who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your Name,
Your kingdom come,
Your WILL be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses as
we forgive those who trespass against us,
(forgive our debts as we forgive our debtors)
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is w/ you,
blessed are you among women,
blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen. (X3)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.