I have turned a corner in my inquiries

This summer I have moved from a serious, but mostly intellectual investigation of the RCC, to a deeply spiritual one.

I feel full of light and drawn to the beauty of God, to beauty period. I don’t think I’ve ever felt quite like this before.

:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2: To uplift you in your journey :heart:

Thank you!

I’m reading Mike Aquilina’s The Fathers of the Church, and will read the CCC next, and I’m just feeling this connection between truth and beauty. Somehow I feel like this Easter I will be baptized in the RCC. My wrestling with Mormonism is finished.

Praying for you. PM me if I may be of help!

-Fr ACEGC

Welcome Home! I assume you’ve watched some of the YouTube Journey Home programs with Mormon converts? If not, you’d like them.

I have seen the Journey Home many times, but I usually listen to it on the radio or via podcast!

Thanks for the welcome too!

I finished my 57 year journey with Mormonism 5 years ago next month. Welcome to the truth.

Thank you.

I feel like the best thing from my wrestling is that I really have moved on. No bitterness, no regrets, just moving closer to God.

I’m glad you were able to move on. In my case, the Mormons have not left me alone. I still get a lot of attention from other Mormons, even though I have made it clear that I’m not interested. My name is not on the records. I’m not a Mormon in any way. But they won’t leave me alone. I came here to get away from Mormons, only to find Mormon trolls on a Catholic forum.

@Sunstone , may the Holy Spirit continue to fill you with light and beauty .

That sounds frustrating, Lemuel.

My close friends and family know about my journey, and are supportive. I expect that a number of Mormon acquaintances will knock, call, and text. I’m also probably in for a few passive-aggressive birthday cards and some “projecting” posts from Mormon apologists.

Somehow, through my journey, I still enjoy BYU football.

Life can be absurd sometimes.

Ha! I was at BYU during the years of Jim McMahon and Steve Young. We had things to cheer about, unlike the post Lavelle Edwards program. :0)

Go beyond feelings! Go to adoration of the Blessed Sacrament! Ask, implore, beg our Lord to reveal His presence. Then, be as patient with Him as He has been with you. And, when you are made aware that He is there, you will be changed.

No looking back.

I will pray for your journey.

Amen! Amen!

Welcome home! I’ll be coming in Easter 2019 as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes! Adoration clinched it for me. I went to mass and introduced myself to Fr the Sunday after going the first time!

All I can say is WooHoo!

Thank you Jesus!

Keep sending your Holy Spirit to inspire the OP and bring them closer to You!

The “Journey Home” is so interesting. Everyone’s got their own story to tell. And realizing the Catholic church is the “one true church”.

Yes.

I also like Dr. David Anders, Bishop Barron, Father Larry, the Catholic Answers show…even that rascal Dr. Ray.

I’m a regular listener to the EWTN radio/podcasts, and have been for years.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.