I hope this doesn't sound silly but I need prayers for my computer to get repaired or replaced

Hi everyone. I hope that this doesn’t sound silly but I need prayers that my computer would be repaired or replaced. My unofficial step-brother, Bruce, is going to look at it possibly tomorrow. He is an expert on computers. If he can’t fix it, it probably can’t be fixed or would be too expensive to fix. So, please pray that I can either get it repaired or replaced. I think the motherboard went bad on it. I think that a surge fried at least part of my mother board but I can’t be certain until someone with more expertise than me looks at it. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated. I hope this prayer request isn’t too trivial.

You need the aid of Saint Isidore of Seville who is apparently the Patron Saint of computers and computer users. I guess the Catholic Church does not consider your request to be very silly as they have already made provision for such things.

A motherboard can be replaced for less than the cost of a whole computer, if your computer savy repair relative can handle the replacement. Otherwise, the price of new computers has dropped a fair bit. But, here’s hoping that this will not not be necessary and that your computer will be easily fixable.

St. Isadore, you’re up, please help in any way that you can.

Praying for your computer… :rotfl:

Hang in there, buddy. :takethat:

Dear Lord, help Holly through this situation involving her computer with as little stress as possible. May her computer be easily repaired with little cost to her. I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Prayers to St. Isidore of Seville…

I pray that your computer can be repaired or replaced
in whatever way is best for your needs.

Thanks everyone. Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

You’re welcome, Holly! Anytime!:slight_smile:

I hope it gets fixed or replaced for you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Doesn’t sound silly at all, Holly…we really rely on computers in our household for the kids’ school reports, to paying bills (and talking to my CAF friends:D) So…we too had a problem with our pc a few months ago,we opted to buy a new one. There are a lot of great deals around, right now. Praying that your computer can be fixed, and if not…that you find a reasonable deal out there soon! :gopray2:

Praying that Bruce will be able to fix it a no or low cost!

Thanks Whatevergirl. :slight_smile: Your prayers are greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thank you 244Rocket. :slight_smile: Your prayers are greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Anyway, a good friend of mine who is a CNA (Certified Novell Administrator - Computer Networker in other words) told me that the problem is likely with my monitor. I am hoping that it isn’t a problem with my monitor. New monitors are expensive and I probably can’t afford one. :frowning:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Thank you xyneshia. :slight_smile:

Well everyone, my computer still has not been looked at, much less repaired or replaced. Please continue to pray for this situation. :frowning:

I’ll keep your intention in my prayers, Holly!:slight_smile:

Holly:

It’s not silly, Not at all… In this computerized age, losing one’s computer can be very limiting…

A little over 5 years ago, I went through this twice, first with the OLD iMac and then with the NEW iMac. It was DEVASTATING!

Luckily, I had an APPLE STORE nearby, where the employees very generously allowed me to use one of the iMacs to do my posting duties on the forums I was posting on at that time. But, Even with that, I was only able to do 1/4 of what I was normally able to do, and the my reduced presence was definitely noted.

If your computer can’t get fixed, check your nearest Apple Store and see how much they’ll let you use their computers - Unlike most computer stores, they’re hooked up to the Enternet.

God bless, and I hope this helps.

Your Brother and Servant, Michael

Holly:

They’re not that expensive - Here’s a sample… Try and see if any of these will work for you (The ones sold DIRECTLY by and from Amazon include FREE SHIPPING):
19" Widescreen/Flatscreen - $73 - $290 Amazon.com
19" Widescreen/Flatscreen - $129 - 230 Google Shopper
19" Widescreen/Flatscreen - $100 - 280 Tiger Direct
18"-21" Wide/Flatscreen – $98 - $277 Bizrate

These are all good sized monitors, and all are under $300 (many are under $150). I hope one of these works for you.

These should all be cheaper than a Motherboard.

I hope this helps.

In Christ, Michael

Praying for you and your computer

Well everyone, I found out what was wrong with my computer. The motherboard burnt up in it. Apparently my case fan quit working and the motherboard overheated. Please pray that I would be able to get a new motherboard for my computer or a new computer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.