I just need a few prayers

first off, im only one person so dont put me at the top of your “prayer chain”. i just need help overcoming very bad habit. im not worried about mortal sin, as i have talked with my priest about it, and he told me im fine so long as i never give in 100%. i just need some prayers i guess. i want so badly to be completely pure but it seems so out of reach.

Not ‘only one person’ but a valuable person deeply loved by God!
God requires that you try, and you do try. God grant that you will avoid occasions where temptation threatens. I pray that God will help you to find ways to redirect and distract yourself at times of temptation. God grant that you will kindly pray for all who endure these temptations…that by faithful prayer and sensible effort and through His grace, you will find the purity you desire.

God bless you :slight_smile:

+JMJTJ+

You are precious in God’s Eyes, and you will be in my prayers.

I encourage you to establish the habit of prayer daily, inspirational reading, and frequent reception of Reconciliation and the Eucharist.
The Lord will give sufficient grace when we stay connected to Him!
***Persevere; this too shall pass! :thumbsup: ***

*** Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen***

God bless you +

coleraine,
Keep confessing regularly and receiving Communion and keep trying. Pray to overcome the the habit, of course, but pray also that God protect you from discouragement. God bless you. I’ll be praying for you, too.

Praying from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Lord, support us as we pray to you, and keep us day and night under your protection.
Guide us as we live in this world of change,
and let your own unchangeability be a firm foundation for us.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

Prayers promised.

For coleraine

Hail Mary
Full of Grace
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed are you amongst women
And Blest is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Hi Coleraine…remember to focus always on God’s great love and mercy and not on your sin no matter how many times you fall. Praying for you. God Bless you.

LORD Jesus
Guide ur Son.

Praying very hard for you. Don’t be too hard on yourself, none of us are perfect. Keep persevering and ask for the Holy Spirit to guide you. God bless.

Coleraine, I am praying for you.

Praying for you…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.